My mum...

Twimsy

So a while back, I was in the car with my mum after a trip to Wal-Mart, and I'd picked up some of the blind bags. I'd snagged a sparkly Pinkie and Bumblesweet I believe? The last pony I opened was a duplicate for me -- an Applejack. I told mum that she could have it if she wanted, and she just sort've laughed and kind of disregarded it.

Fast forward to right now. I'm house-sitting for her for a couple of weeks, and I needed to get something in her room.

That's when I see Applejack, perched quite happily on her dresser. It made me feel warm and fuzzy, so I just had to share. ;u;

Anybody else have any cutesy family-oriented stories that involve ponies?

• Like 5

Well, my family mostly jokes me for being a brony, but my sister has gotten me some Brony clothing.

Mostly, I use ponies as a test whenever my sister brings home a new boyfriends. I don't think any have been bronified, too stubborn, but that have to not judge me for being a brony in order to pass.

Since the episodes used to only be available on YouTube, my little sister would ask me to get them for her on the computer or on the TV through the Wii. Now it's on Netflix and everyone else can do it! (I assume, since I don't live there.)

My family also got me some ponies for Christmas. Even if one was a G3.5.

My mom and younger brother conspired to surprise me with a Pinkie Pie birthday cake for my 21st birthday. I'm tickled they knew she's my favorite.

tumblr_m5hpxtUTKF1rwsqr7o1_500.jpg

She was made with fresh strawberries, chocolate, whipped cream, strawberry icing, and half a bottle of Bacardi Rum.

• Like 6

My dad came with me to get my first actual bit of pony memorabilia...an AJ brushable :P

Anyway, my dad works in England so he's only home every now and again, and it was during one of his stays in England that I told my parents I was a brony. I don't know what happened or whether or not I had said something misleading or something or whether it was my mum describing it on the phone to him but when we got to a store just down the street from us that I had saw a pony in before, we walked to the pink isle and when I picked up the AJ...my dad gave me the most weirded out look I have ever seen.

First thing he said to me, "Aren't those for girls?" which led to some light explanation before getting out of there with the AJ. The conversation my parents had afterwards was absolutely hilarious, my dad still confused and my mum knowing way, waaaaaaay more than he did :)

Not a bad story for my first pony :D

My mom and younger brother conspired to surprise me with a Pinkie Pie birthday cake for my 21st birthday. I'm tickled they knew she's my favorite.

She was made with fresh strawberries, chocolate, whipped cream, strawberry icing, and half a bottle of Bacardi Rum.

That is amazing! I'm especially tickled by that last ingredient. How awesome is that cake?! VERY AWESOME. :kissy:

...do you want an older brother? I'm low maintenance and I already live on my own!

...adopt me please...