Party at the Grey Area [OPEN]

This topic is made to celebrate my RP, The Grey Area, reachin 400 posts. It is now less than 100 away from being the number one most replied to post in FiM Free-For-All. I needed to thank everypony involved, in some way. So, simply put, the RP here is in the same setting, the Grey Area Condominiums, and is set one year in the future, and does just that, celebrates the one year anniversary of the Grey Area. Anypony can join, and if you choose to be a renter in this, please, don't be afraid to check out the other RP and see if you want to join it.

Anywho, let's begin...

Grey was finishing putting things up. He wanted to surprise his workers, so he had Pinkie Pie arrange for a party, and tell everypony in person, so it would not spread to his workers. He sent out all his and renters to lunch, to celebrate the one year anniversary, but little did they know, they would return to a party. They were due back at exactly 1 PM, and it was 12:59 PM now. So...he waited...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Wow! I'm not use to having another pony cook for me! Sure was a nice change." Thyme said to herself, as she was returning to Grey Area Condominiums. It was her favorite job she ever had, and was more than happy during the first anniversary. However, the day only just started, and she wasn't prepared for what awaited her for when she walked into the lobby...

"A party?! We're having a party now?! YES!" She skipped around, looking at the decorations, then for a second, was disappointed. "Aw, I should have made something for this... Aw well! I've been making things for this place all year, it's time to party!"

Easy trotted down the halls with a lit clover-stick in his mouth, it had been a fantastic lunch as usual! He had some fantastic blue-berry muffins topped with icing!

It was perfect and the only thing that made it better was that he got to hang out with all his friends! Snowy, Swash, Thyme obviously, Nyan, his security bros, some of the new guys and of course Mojo and Gumbo. Who happened to be trotting alongside him.

"-And that's how I got bag full of Hydra eggs!" Mojo's voice rang out, she had been telling a story about her many adventures that Easy was hardly paying attention to, he was too busy trying to figure out why Grey had sent them all to lunch at the same time, that rarely happened as they all had different work schedules...

"Uh, Sis. Weren't those the same Hydra's that hatched and now roam the country side?"Gumbo asked worriedly, he had a bad feeling about the answer...

"Ya, what about it?" she answered oblivious to her brother's face-hoof.

Easy just laughed as he heard their banter, it had been great having them as neighbors!

Putting a fore-arm around each of their necks, Easy led the way to the way to lobby, ignoring Gumbo's coughing as the clover smoke got in his face and not seeing Mojo's slight blush.

Entering the Lobby, the trio's collective jaw dropped as they saw the lavishly decorated room.

"Sweet Spirits/Measurements!" The trio exclaimed, this was amazing! After a minute of stunned silence, Easy asked the question on everypony's mind.

"Dude...is this for us?"

Grey chuckled at the question. "Of course it is! I have absolutely LOVED working with you guys over the past year. Watcher, moreso after his lessons, but still. I needed to repay you all for this great year, best in my life. Watching Snowy and Swash grow together, as Pesto and I had in our first year...beautiful."

Easy gave a trademark smile at his boss's kind words.

"Aw thanks man! I've loved building for you! Now come here!" He said as he went in for a hug, Leaving Mojo and Gumbo to roll their eyes, before the paint coverd Wielder of Witchcraft spoke up.

"So where are the drinks? You can't have a party with drinks! Right Gummy?"

"First off:Don't call me Gummy. Second off: I'm not sure you should be near any punch. There won't be any for anypony else then!" An exasperated Gumbo exhaled once more, maybe he could blow off his steam with some good 'ol fashioned dancing.

"Oh forget you! So, Grey. Where are the drinks?" She asked with greed in her eyes.

Grey returned Easy's hug, replied to Madam Mystic, with whom had grown close enough to refer to as Mojo, "Mojo, the punch is over there." He turned to Gumbo, "Gummy, I hired a DJ, right obver there, so everypony gets some of the music they want." Saying it with a chuckle to tell Gumbo he was just kidding when he called him Gummy, and finally to Cloud, "It's the least I can do." He tried to wriggle out of Easy's hug, as it now became a little awkward...

Grey just embraced the hug, because a group hug is at least less awkward than two stalions hugging. "I don't know about best boss, just a good friend. As I told you all on day one, a good personal relationship is key to a good work relationship, so I see all my co-workers as friends, not employees. I get as much out of you guys as you do me, if not more. I love you guys."

"Aw thanks Grey! I love all you guys!" Easy's eyes watered a bit, this was such a touching moment.

Mojo on the other hand, just shook her head, this was a party! Not a cheesy soap copra!

"Alright Easy, let the poor colt go and go find something non-huggy to do."Mojo ordered as she made her way to the drinks, she found what she was going to do!

Easy, non-surprisingly, let go of Grey with a sheepish smile.

"Hey Grey, which DJ did you hire? Vinyl Scratch? Bass Drop?"Gumbo named off a few, lesser known DJ's as well, with hopes that he could meet an actual celebrity.

((OOC: I will RP Vinyl. I hope nopony minds the retcon that Vinyl used to live in Fillydelphia...)

"An old friend of mine knows of a certain somepony..."

Vinyl Scratch spoke up, "Oh Grey, you are too modest. He knew me. His parent were rich, and what, I was one of the few ponies to have stayed in Fillydelphia before I moved here."

Watcher and Clear had decided to go off and catch a show that had slightly overran, but they were confidant they could get back in time.

"Hey, Clear. What do you think Grey was planning?" Watcher asked the still glowing blue pegasus.

"Hmm. What? Planning? What do you mean?"

"You saw how he was acting. He was obviously trying to organise something. I saw him up late into the night."

"Well, what do you think it is?"

"I've got some ideas. Wouldn't want to spoil whatever it is for you though."

"Oh, man. Come on! You can't suggest something and never explain it! That's not fair!"

"Oh I think it's perfectly fair. Now let's hurry it up."

The two ponies picked up the pace as they trotted up to the building and then through the front door. Colourful decorations filled the place along with everypony they knew.

"A surprise party. Totally called it!"

"You can't call something if you don't actually say what it is you're calling!"

"Of course you can. And I did. Called it," Watcher then trotted away from a very confused Clear and straight towards the bar.

Clear just worked out a reply and turned to find Watcher no longer there. "Guess I'll mingle then," he said with a shrug. It was then he noticed the boss standing next to Vinyl Scratch. The Vinyl Scratch. Clear found his hooves trotting towards her before he could even tell them to.

"Oh, hey Clear! Where were you guys? Out at a show again, I assume? Did Watcher piece this together? Don't tell him, but I planted some clues for him. Wanted him to figure it out, like the old days." Grey said, before Vinyl chimed in, "Ah Grey, your boring the poor stallion. Name's Vinyl Scratch, but surely you know that. And you are?"

Snowy trotted into the complex with a giggling Neon on her back. The sky-blue pegasus had picked him up from an arcade only to find out that he's been up to his mischievous pranks again. She smiled to herself and shook her head before glancing back at him. "I swear, you can never keep yourself out of trouble." She says, feigning to be upset at him.

Neon tries to hold in his snickering to attempt to respond to her "Aw, c'mon Snow! The pony practically walked into it! Oh the look on his face! Bwahahahaha!" The bright lime green pegasus rolled off of Snowy's back and curled up on the floor in a fit of laughter.

Snowy rolls her eyes and chuckles a bit at her little brother's antics. "What am I going to do with you..." She thinks out loud to herself. Her eyes widen a bit as she looks around. "Is this...a.." She trails off before Neon finishes her sentence.

"A surprise party! Woo!" He cheers and suddenly hops off the ground.

*THENAME'SCLEARSKIESANDI'MYOURBIGGESTFAN!* Clear Skies barely held back his exuberance as he partitioned it away in his head. Need to look professional. "Hey there, Vinyl Scratch. The name's Clear Skies. I've heard of your work. *SIGNALLMYSTUFF* "It's good to meet you, would you mind SIGNINGALLMYSTUFF!" *Damn it, Clear! So close.* Clear visibly cringed after blurting that out loud. "Heh heh," he laughed awkwardly as he rubbed the back of his head with a hoof.

Watcher meanwhile found the alcohol. "Now it's a party," he laughed as he poured himself a very generous helping of whisky.

Neon heard Clear say the name 'Vinyl Scratch' and his head immediately whipped to face where Clear was. His eyes grew to the size of saucers and he flew over as fast as he could. He gasped when he looked up at her. Neon couldn't believe it, Vinyl Scratch in front of him in the flesh and fur! He attempted to open his mouth to say something, but ended up just closing it and reopening it again, like a gaping fish.

"A p-p-picture? Yes! Have you got a camera? Has Grey got a camera? I've got a camera, but it's not on me right now. Do you want me to get a camera? I could get us a camera," Clear babbled. He noticed Neon out of the corner of his eye in a similar state of hero worship. "Neon, have you got a camera?" he asked as he turned to the colt.

Watcher knocked back his whisky and set about pouring another one. He'd never been one for parties, but at least everypony here he knew, and was friendly with. He noticed the voodoo mare, Mojo, trotting over to the drinks table too. He'd never forget how explosive their first meeting was.

(Cainiam, you are good for now, but please, avoid the definites. It creates predestiny, and that has to happen now. And Watcher is already on thin ice to have another explosive meeting...)

"Yeah, I have a camera! Always carry it with me, you learn to when everypony is always asking for your picture. Makes thing easier."

Cloud was starstruck when the DJ entered, and after seeing Clear freak out at her he approached her cautiously, "H-hey Vinyl, wow I can't believe you're DJing our party. Anyway, I'll let you get back to Clear's... fangasm."

I trot into the Grey Area Lobby and soak in the old air of my favorite upclass stable, I stealthfully walk by Snowy, and take a kiss from her soft blue cheek

Don't think you can outrun me any time soon my little Snowflake, and sorry I'm late My Dear, I had just finished some business down at the Museum, you know how it is.

I see your little brother has more fans than I expected, and I always knew he'd make it far, I'm just as proud as you are of him.

I smile warmly, looking around, realizing how much everything changed over a year. Hah! I was even treating my old rival Watcher like a newfound friend with a warm gaze.

Grey saw Swash and called out, "Hey, guy, over here! I need to thank you!"

Meanwhile, Vinyl had just spoken to Cloud, and replied, "Oh, c'mon dude, he's not the worst!"

While Grey waited for Swash, he took a picture with Clear and Vinyl. Instantly, the photo spurted out the camera.