Party at the Grey Area [OPEN]

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snowy blushes and turns her head to look at Swash, she giggles a bit. "Hehe, that's alright Swashy." She looks over at the currently starstruck Neon and smiles."I sure am.." Before she could finish she hears Grey call Swash. "Oh that's right, Grey had something to say to you."

Neon, absolutely overwhelmed in excitement,begins to bounce up and down in a circle. "OhmygoshVinylScratchishereDJingtheparty!Ohmygoshohmygosh!"

Thyme was still comprehending the situation as she realized Vinyl Scratch was at their party! She came back to reality eventually, when Cloud spoke to her. "Huh? Me? Oh, well, you know... I'LLBERIGHTBACK!" She ran off quickly, leaving the room, and re-entered the room, with a spikier mane, and a smile that she was trying to force down. She walked up to Vinyl, pretending to bump into her. "Oh, my, I'MSORRYPLEASEFORGIVEME! I mean... My name is Thyme Turmeric, and I'MAHUGEFAN! I was just wondering if you could CRITIQUETHISRECIPEIMADE specifically when I started listening to your music." Thyme still couldn't hold back her fangasms, as she still couldn't comprehend the situation she was in.

((hey, you're back))

Cloud walks up to the filly, "there's a huge party about to start. its for all tenants and employees and being DJ'd by the one and only Vinyl Scratch. You should probably wait in line if you want to gush over how awesome she is." Cloud laughed.

Vinyl was getting bombarded from all sides, and once the picture was taken, she turned Thyme, "Yeah, I'd love to, but first, I have to tend to this little one." She turned to Neon, "So, I take it your a fan?"

Grey gives the photo to Clear, before heading toward Swash.

Neon grins widely when Vinyl addresses him, he inhales deeply in an attempt to calm himself. "Oh my gosh, my name is Neon Scratch and I'm your hugest fan! You're the reason why I got my cutiemark! I've always wanted to follow in your hoofsteps to become a great DJ!" He rushes out in one breath the large grin still plastered on his face.

{Sorry, I had to leave for a bit.}

Easy seemed just as starstruck as his little green pal at the sight of THE Vinyl Scratch:

"In the name of all that is awesome! You got the Scratch man!C'EST SCRATCH VINYL! C'est incroyable " Easy exclaimed, he could hardly believe it! His favorite DJ! "Can you sign my tool-belt?!" He asked, his usual mellow attitude melting away in the presence of one of his musical idles.

Gumbo on the other hoof:"Oh, nice job Grey. While I prefer some banjos, I suppose I could dance to a bass." He shrugged, he never got why ponies always got so starstruck, they were just like everypony else, it's not like they were the spirits or something.

Mojo looked over at her friend, Watcher, "Well, hey there Watch. Feel like sharing some of that whisky?" She asked, she couldn't party fueled on punch!

Neon nods enthusiastically, unable to stop smiling. Just the fact that he's speaking to his idol seems to have frozen the expression on his face.but..."Miss Scratch, I know this is going out on a limb here, but...I would be so honored if I could become your apprentice in the art of DJing..!" He exclaims in a hope-filled tone.

Easy's ear's perked up as he heard Neon's request and put his hoof out for a brohoof, "Dude! That would be so awesome! You could learn so much! With her help you will be selling out stadiums in no time!"

Gumbo just rolled his eyes once more,"You, my friend, are ridiculous."

Thyme remembered that if Vinyl were to critique her recipe, she would need to actually MAKE the food. "I'll be right back, everypony!" She darted off out the door, passing the bar and quickly uttering a hello to Cloud, Mojo and Watcher. She ran off to the kitchen, and wanted to cook quickly yet still good, so she could be with Vinyl for the rest of the night. She also agreed to calm herself down, in order to not freak out Vinyl. She even turned her music on while cooking.

It wasn't a complicated recipe, it just took time to bake. She made the mix quickly, and stuck it in the oven, and rejoined the party. She went back to where Vinyl was surrounded, and decided to wait for her turn to go all fangirl on her.

Clear took the picture and squirrelled it away to the nearby security office before returning to the party. An even larger crowd was growing around Vinyl Scratch, but she seemed to be enjoying it. No need to charge in half cocked like he used to. She clearly wasn't in any distress. Since the music hadn't started up yet, Clear's eyes wandered around the room searching for the snack table. He'd refused to buy any of the snacks at the show, citing how much more expensive they were just for the price of a little convenience. Of course Watcher had been quick to point out that they had to give a large cut of their profits to the establishment. Clear spotted a table littered with the usual party treats, probably straight from Sugar Cube Corner. "Jackpot."

Watcher passed the bottle over to Mojo. "Try not to drain it all in one go. We both know what you're like," Watcher said with a snicker. His eyes wandered the crowd and met Swash's glance with a nod. "Hard to believe we're both still here. I'd have thought you and Gumbo would have hitched up your cart and moved on by now. Then again I think I can guess why you haven't. The same reason I'm still hanging around here even though it's safe from me back in Canterlot now."

I chuckle at the goings on here

It's so nice to see your brother back on his wings like this.

This party and all reminds me of opening day, and you're just as beautiful as the day I met you Snowflake.

I say to Snowy charmingly, as I look around.

Neon really does remind me of what I was like when I was a colt. Young, energetic, I still remember kissing the hooves of the author of the Daring Do novels, when I saw him at a signing one afternoon.

Now, if you excuse me Darling, I'll go and talk to Grey Matter and see what he wants of me, then I'll be right back.

I tap her hoof like the first days we met and walk up to him, and patiently wait for the conversation to turn to me.

It's been my pleasure being here Grey, you know that this is the best place I've ever stayed. Also, it allowed me to meet Snowy, something I should be thanking you for.

I take the box and say

You didn't have to do this Mr.Matter but I'll take it with honor, and place it among my small treasure collection, by every Goblet and mask.

I slowly open it up, treating it like the same treasures I hunted before I finally settled down

(You decide what it is, you bought it ;) )

(That was the plan)

As Swash opened it, he would have seen a key, labeled "Penthouse" Grey said, "I figured you and Snowy were about ready to move in together, and nopony has rented the penthouse below me. As a thank you, take it. No extra cost, just the regular rent. Besides, I remember the night before it opened, Snowy was in there, looking out my window, and remarked about the sight. It will remind her of Cloudsdale. Please, take it!" He said, with a smile.

Easy stared at the belt as if Princess Celestia herself had blessed it,he would never wash this belt.Ever. His happiness was only boosted by the fact that Scratch had accepted Neon's request. Good for him!

"Awesome! Dudes, After Thyme comes with her masterpiece, we can drop the bass!" he yelled and punched his hoof into the air, it was going to be a wild night!

Gumbo shook his head and decided to find somepony who was sane, until he found a little filly he knew,"Hey there Twilight! How ya liking the party?"

Mojo took the bottle of whisky, using her mouth to pluck it out of the air, and took a chug,"Ah! Now it is a party!" She declared happily before taking another chug, it was strong, she had to admit.

"Hm, I've actually talked with him about going back on the road for a bit, not as much need for hoof readings or future tellings and such in a town like Ponyville. But of course we would always come back after a few months. This place has grown on me." She said with a smile,"Besides, Easy would be sad if we went back to our nomadic life style!"

"Hey! Don't go chugging that like punch, it's cask matured so its 60% proof!" Watcher swiped the bottle back from the tribal mare. He then sighed loudly as he calmed himself down again and added more politely, "I mean control yourself. You want to remember this party, don't you?" Watcher took another mouthful from his glass before replying. "Staying here for family? Wish I had that choice. If you want to go back on the open road, I'm sure Grey will keep your room for you. Heck, he might even let you off rent-free. He's almost intolerably nice. Still if he hadn't been then I'd have been fired literally an hour after I got the job." Watcher noticed that the mare was still eyeing up the whisky bottle. Watcher refilled his glass and then levitated the bottle back to her. "You're lucky I've got more in the office."

Clear meanwhile had dug into the snack tables. Cupcakes and muffins vanished from their plates and into his mouth almost faster than the eye could follow. As long as he danced it off when the music started pumping, it didn't really matter how much he ate. Or at least that's what he reasoned.