Earl 'Trots' Grey [FINAL]

Greed

mlp_earl_grey_by_mr_mc_twiggy-d5062ug.png

Name: Earl 'Trots' Grey

Sex: Male

Species: Earth pony

Eye Colour: Green

Coat Colour: Grey

Mane/Tail/Markings Colour & Style: Black mane and tail, mane is 'stylishly messy', as is the tail.

Physique: Slim build, average height.

Cutie Mark: A cup of black tea and a tea leaf. Earl always liked your average everyday cuppa, when he was a colt he liked to end his day with a cup of tea, and was always willing to make tea for his parents or anyone else. Often praised for his ability to make 'the perfect cup of tea', his cutie mark appeared when he visited 'The Tea Shoppe' in Trottingham, the near unlimited varieties of tea leaf and herbs available sparked Earl's imagination and his natural flair for tea blending.

Origin/Residence: Born and raised in Trottingham, moved to Ponyville for what he hoped would be a quieter life.

Occupation: Author, writes lengthy romantic novels and thrillers, mostly set in past Equestrian times.

Motivation: Finding a new blend of tea, or some new inspiration for a novel.

Likes: Rain, tea, baking, open fires, old/military clothing styles, leather coats, quiet evenings, helping ponies in need, and crosswords.

Dislikes: Children, dust, being disturbed when trying to concentrate, overly hot weather, tomatoes, rap music, and Suduko.

Summary: A serious but overall likeable chap. Some ponies see him as cynical and pessimistic, he sees himself as a realist. He is, however, loyal to his friends, and has a pretty dry sense of humour. Some of his novels have become popular including, 'Stable Relationships', 'Phantom Hooves', and 'Against Society's Muzzle'. He used to be like Twilight in that he'd spend most of his time in the library or in his study, researching famous writers, and writing his own novels. But now he's moved to Ponyville he spends a lot of time outdoors trying to find inspiration. It's generally evenings that he likes to spend in his front room, next to an open fire, with a glass of Bourbon and a good book. Unless there's some event going on, like the shooting stars in season 1, or the dragon migration in season 2.

Job: Earls' job as a writer seams from his mother, who was a newspaper editor. He found the written language to be incredibly interesting but he wanted to be something more than a column writer, so he experimented with different writing styles and genres, settling on a mix of Romance and Thriller. His job isn't related to his talent, but his parents supported him none the less.

Reasons for moving: Earl tired of his Trotingham life style, his daily routine bored his and left his with little inspiration for his novels. He'd read about Ponyville and thought that the differing lift style might re-awaken his imagination.

You seem to have a good grasp on this character's personality, but I feel his background could be fleshed out some more. For example, an explanation of his cutie mark. It is tea related, but how did he get it? Is his talent making tea, or finding new blends of tea? His talent does not have to be related to his occupation as a writer, but what lead him to be a writer?

As for the reason he's come to Ponyville, was he having a problem writing back in Trottingham? Perhaps he had a serious writers block and felt that a change of scenery would bring new ideas.

Just a couple suggestions to build on your framework.

• Like 1

My apologies i have been away for the last 5 days, so my pc has been sat gathering dust.

Thank you for feed back, i shall add in what has been requested over the next few days when i have a free moment, i am very busy with such things as script writing, episode planning and art gathering, as well as potential recruiting an animator.

thanks for your patience guys and gals, Josh

Cutie mark: Earl always liked your average everyday cuppa, when he was a colt he liked to end his day with a cup of tea, and was always willing to make tea for his parents or anyone else. Often praised for his ability to make 'the perfect cup of tea', his cutie mark appeared when he visited 'The Tea Shoppe' in Trottingham, the near unlimited varieties of tea leaf and herbs available sparked Earl's imagination and his natural flair for tea blending.

Job: Earls' job as a writer seams from his mother, who was a newspaper editor. He found the written language to be incredibly interesting but he wanted to be something more than a column writer, so he experimented with different writing styles and genres, settling on a mix of Romance and Thriller. His job isn't related to his talent, but his parents supported his none the less.

Reasons for moving: Earl tired of his Trotingham life style, his daily routine bored his and left his with little inspiration for his novels. He'd read about Ponyville and thought that the differing lift style might re-awaken his imagination.

Just a few things to touch up with this application - so far, it's pretty good, but it is missing a couple key areas.

First and more importantly of all, most characters require a brief story as to how they acquired their cutiemark. This only has to be a few sentences to a pagagraph, but given that in the MLP setting the cutiemark holds a serious social significance, it does help to define the character to some extent.

Second and more optional is his backstory. Your summary of who he is gives a fairly good idea, but it may behoove you to give some idea as to how he got to be who he is. Not only does it help flesh out the character, but it does give him a bit more to talk about should you choose to have him reminisce.

Other'n that, good work, slick!

• Like 1

Just a few things to touch up with this application - so far, it's pretty good, but it is missing a couple key areas.

First and more importantly of all, most characters require a brief story as to how they acquired their cutiemark. This only has to be a few sentences to a pagagraph, but given that in the MLP setting the cutiemark holds a serious social significance, it does help to define the character to some extent.

Second and more optional is his backstory. Your summary of who he is gives a fairly good idea, but it may behoove you to give some idea as to how he got to be who he is. Not only does it help flesh out the character, but it does give him a bit more to talk about should you choose to have him reminisce.

Other'n that, good work, slick!

Thanks for your insights :D I have added the relevent, i hope, from a later comment. :)

Well hello there Greed!

This character sounds amazing!!!!

I think he would get along amazingly well with Octavia and her sister Fiddlesticks!

Also, there is but one thing that I would really like to see about this character.

Is there anyway that you could perhaps give us a more detailed and expansive history of him or a more....elaboritive (yup, just made that word up...) summary of him?

I really like how he is now, but I think he just needs a bit more of something to push him into that fully final stage.

Perhaps talk about his life as a foal in more detail?

Or even his life in Trottingham, even his experiences in Ponyville would count towards helping this app out.

I'm not trying to be mean with this but it just feels lacking still in the informational way, but it is still a very good app.

Hope this helps!

Lovingly,

Alison <3

I am having trouble adding anything else to the application, i wanted to develop him more in actual role play rather than just put everything out on the platter right now. To be honest, i've seen accepted applications with a lot less information than mine.

I like this application - it seems concise, and has plenty of relevent information that informs without leaving the imagination dry for ideas about him!

AppApproved.png

Stamped in the name of good taste and the everlasting search for the perfect cup of tea!

;-)

• Like 1