Will's Arts~

WillowWing

I'm gonna start an art thread. (: Ponies have given me a chance to actually draw and get better at digital art, because I can't draw people, and I have no dragon characters that motivate me...so, I'll draw ponies, and post them here.

I'm still experimenting with style, trying to be a little bit more realistic than the actual MLP style, but not very much. I'll update as I do more.

WillowWingWrapFinishedResize.png

WillowWingNoArmorFinishedResize.png

Any constructive criticism is greatly appreciated, and thanks for looking! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Ponies are great for practicing drawing I think because you don't have to hold yourself to such high standards as you do with people and their faces/feet/hands. :) Is this some kind of army pony? His color scheme reminds me of camouflage.

Not really, no. I just liked the colors. :P He was originally just going to be brown and green, but I added the white for a bit of contrast.

~~~

Here's a WIP of a new character I'm developing. I still need to do final touches and shading/highlighting.

SunspotWIPResize.png

All done with Sunspot~ His character is being reviewed now. Here's the finished drawing-

Sunspot.png

And you can read more about him here.

I want to get better at shading and highlighting... I'm normally pretty good at it, but, for some reason, I just can't shade ponies. I want to practice poses too...I can never get the proportions and the face to look right if I do anything that's vaguely '3D'ish.

More arts~ This is Amplifier Burst, who is SeafaringMoon's character. She's a DJ. (:

AmpBurstBorder.png

I was really pleased with how this came out~ The border was a little fun touch.

I might start doing requests soon, now that I've gotten a bit of practice. I also have a few ideas for bigger images, with backgrounds and multiple ponies and whatnot. (:

I LOVE THIS.

CompanionPony.png

Companion Pony.

He will never threaten to stab you.

In fact, he doesn't even speak.

BUT HE LOOKS BUCKING AWESOME.

...I'm proud of myself.

I added Softglow to all the light pink to make it look...well, glowing. And...I love it. ; u;

More arts~ This is for an art trade on DeviantART.

ArtTrade1.png

And this is my new OC in a chibi style~ That mane and tail tood fooorrrrreeeeevvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer. And ever.

ChibiKindaRainbow.png

I haven't named her yet... I'm getting ponies to help, then I'm gonna pick out the ones I like best. (:

Attached ((because I was too lazy to upload it to Photobucket)) is the beginning of my next picture, which is actually going to have a background and is for my next fanfic. How does Pinkie/Vinyl Scratch sound? :P

Anyway, this is just the center piece of Pinkie that's gonna have a background, like I said.

I tried a new shading style. I think it turned out okay.

post-4046-0-97773400-1343795674_thumb.pn