Legends of the Pony Pirates! OOC discussion [open]

Talex

Link back to the RolePlay

Welcome fellow sea adventurer! I see you’re interested in living the legend of a pirate! But as a pony! Well this is the place to rest your hooves after a long roleplaying post. Feel free to discuss anything out of character here!

I encourage you to click this and listen while you read and roleplay.

or this.

This is where the rules of the RP and character descriptions will be kept, along with any questions I have not covered. If you have a question that you want to keep secret, then I ask you to PM me about it. (I don’t bite :3)

List of General rules (These are subject to change in the future.)

-This is NOT a reenactment of the ponies of the carribbean pirates of the Caribbean, although themes and references are welcome.

-I will NOT allow invincible ships such as the black pearl or invincible anything for that matter. You are a mortal pony in the times of pirate warfare.

-I will NOT allow Jack Sparrow characters T_T

-I will DISCOURAGE on-land role play. Let's try to keep this to the ships in the water. However that doesn’t mean you can’t go on land. I just discourage it.

-I will NOT allow technology that doesn't fit the era. You have flintlock pistols, blunderbusses, swords, hooks, daggers, cannons, makeshift grenades, unicorn magic, eye patches and cool hats. Don't give your OC a laser gun >.>

-I will allow the taking of prisoners. But these prisoners must have some sort of chance to escape or at least interact with other players. May that be the involvement of a third party or some random event you make up. (this can be discussed here, or through a pm)

-I will NOT allow the killing off of characters unless the player of that character is willing. (this can be discussed here, or through a pm)

-Alcohol can be substituted for Cider or Berry juice. rule abolished because it's pirates, we've gotta have rum XD

-You are allowed to play as many characters as you want. I just ask that you keep things reasonable, and for each character you make a basic app.

-I will allow shipping… cus it’s pirates, there are ships :3

-I will allow romantic relationships should anyone want to do that. Keep it PG13 >.< (this can be discussed here, or through a pm)

-Alliances are permitted. (this can be discussed here, or through a pm)

-Should you choose to have your character die off (because you want their legend to end, or because they’re boring to play), you can post about it here and continue playing with another character, provided the app is set.

-tl;dr notes will take effect now. Summarize what just happened in your post into 1 or 2 sentences. I'm not asking anything fancy, just a quick note so that those who aren't actually involved can know what's going on without having to read everything. A general location of your character is strongly encouraged. This note will go at the bottom of your post in parentheses.

My wish list of things I’ve always wanted to have in a pirate rp ^^

-ghost pirates (they have weaknesses too :razz:)

-sea pony pirates (this rp is just asking for one, c’mon people)

-airship pirates (my steampunk side is showing)

-back stabbing navy members that support the pirates

-secret pirate lair battles

-treasure hunts being sabotaged

There, I think that’s everything…. OH! Wait! Character apps! Fill one out for each character you play as; add as much as you want, but at LEAST give a basic visual description.

Everything bolded is required. (Everything in parenthesis is optional) feel free to add more as you see fit.

Status: (this is for latter on in the rp, basically state if they are still alive or not :razz:) “Legend Begins” / “Legend Continues” / ”Legend has Ended”

Name:

Sex:

Species:

Eye colour:

Coat colour:

Mane/Tail/Markings colour & Style:

(General appearance): self-explanatory

(Cutiemark): self-explanatory

(Ship description): Armed to the teeth? Built for ramming? Made to hold loot?

(Weapons/Fighting style): Do they have a favorite sword? Hidden flintlock? Use magic occasionally? Likes tossing things with a fuse and watching what happens?

(Lifelong dream as a pirate/whatever they are): Do they want to be rich? Make themselves famous? Stick it to the empire? Or maybe just to ruin someponies day?

(History): Any back story we may need to know about?

(Personality): How do they react to their crew? Do they always act like they’re about to fight? Do they like teaming up? Are they clever tricksters? Ect, ect?

And finally, a list of the Approved Characters. If you see your pony's application here, feel free to start rping.

page 1

-"The Legend of Captain Cloud Shimmers Begins..."

-"The Legend of Captain Black Mane Continues..."

-"The Legend of Captain Harla Quinn Continues..."

-"The Legend of Sleek Wind Begins..."

-"The Legend of Miss Allegro Concerto Continues..."

-"The Legend of Captain Wood Wing Begins..."

-"The Legend of Royal Range Begins..."

page 2

-"The Legend of Captain Soul Flare Begins..."

page 3

-"The Legend of Captain BlackPowder Begins..."

page 4

-"The Legend of Captain Red Sails Continues..."

-"The Legend of Captain Roaring Flame Comes to an End..."

page 5

-"The Legend of the Seamare Shimmers Begins..."

-"The Legend of First Mate Red Stripe Continues..."

page 8

-"The Legend of Phokas Tredgold Continues..."

Edited by Talex

I shall be captain of a sky crew!

Name: Cloud Shimmers

Sex: Male

Species: Pegasus

Eye Color: Viridian

Coat Color: Deep Blue

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Golden mane and tail

(General appearance): Cloud is tall and semi muscular.

(Cutiemark): A cyclone being struck by a neon Blue Lightning bolt

(Ship description): Captain Cloud's airship; The Storm is small but fast. It uses a large balloon and sails to float and soar through the sky. (like a sloop of war)

(Weapons/Fighting style): Despite his youth, Cloud is quite the swordsman! He uses a sword of a different era; a katana. He carries a flintlock pistol as well, but its mostly just for show

(Lifelong dream as a pirate/whatever they are): Cloud wants the fame of being a pirate; while he does like the sparkle of gold, he likes stricking fear in his enemies more.

(History): Cloud's parents were killed at a young age, when he was a young(er) stallion he joined a crew. The captain was cruel and he lead a mutiny. The Storm is the original ship with the ballon fastened a few other modifications added.

(Personality): Cloud respects his crew and will make sure they are happy before anything. He runs a tight ship, but allows for the crew to have freedom. Cloud is clever and smart, he knows quite a bit of how the world works.

I've been ninja'd at my own rp 0.o anyway... here's my character's app ^^

Status: "The Legend Continues" Ponies know the name. Being one of the last legal pirates tends to get you some attention. Rumors about his combat style also tend to get around, but he makes sure they're just rumors. >:3

Name: Captain Black Mane! (somepony had to do it :P)

Species: Earth pony

Eye Color: Sky blue

Coat Color: Dark grey

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: His mane is jet black, scruffy, braided at the tips, and thick with salt. His tail is no better.

(General appearance): he’s got a five o’clock shadow and a toughened look in his eye, yet, there’s also a spark of excitement and thrill in what he does. His braids have rings in them, making a jingle sound when he turns his head. He wears a bandana that’s a lighter black than his mane. He also wears a brown coat.

(Ship description): Built for ramming and survivability, picture a solid looking vessel with a large bow that has a metal point.

(Weapons/Fighting style): "Likes to toss things with a fuse and watch what happens." Black Mane uses makeshift bombs, and lots of them. The inside of his coat is lined to the brim with a variety of grenades and explosives, but is somehow kept well hidden. This lets Black Mane pull out a surprise or two in battle. He also has a scimitar tied to his coat, near his mouth, for easy reach.

(Lifelong dream as a pirate/whatever they are): Being one of the last legal pirates, he’s just out there, enjoying his job.

(Personality): Refers to his crew as scallywags a lot. Treats them like family and they respect him. If anything it's because they know of his explosives.

(You may totally be my crow nester if you'd like to, Dusk. Hehe C:)

Status: Living legend! Well, she's not THE most popular out there, but the name "Captain Quinn" has managed to get around. ;>

Name: (Captain) Harla Quinn

Sex: She's a gurl ^^

Species: Pegasus

Eye Color: Deep blue

Coat Color: White

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Golden blonde, burned to a crisp black on the end of her bang by an on-ship incident, but she thinks it looks AWESOME.

(General appearance): She looks like what she is- a total tomboy! She wears a bandana as a headband (may get a pic later) most of the time, under her hat.

(Cutiemark): A quill (feather) in an ink jar, because it looks cooler than my last idea of she always keeps track of her adventures in a diary.. Which can get her into trouble sometimes when discovered, but makes for a great read!

(Ship description): The Reaper. It's a little smaller than most ships, but very fast and easy to get around with. Captain Quinn loves her ship dearly, and after a raid which scored greatly for her crew, the ship needed a few patch ups, so she gave it all to a stallion who seemed trustworthy enough, he fixed it up very well for her. He even had a local artist do some work on the sides, often causing ponies to stare when it's docked. "Yeah, it's pretty sweet, he did a good job on it. The purple and black and the sea dragon figures.. Often ponies don't believe it's mine and I'm like WHY THE HECK NOT and they're like CUZ YOU'RE A CHICK! Best 2,534 bits I've even spent if you ask me."

(Weapons/Fighting style): "Swords. Too much can go wrong when you use guns, but I always carry my trusty little pistol, just in case the others are like 'Oh, I'mma shoot you!' and I'm like, far away and I can pull it out and be all like 'KAPEW that's what you think, sucka!'"

(Lifelong dream as a pirate/whatever they are): "What am I doin' out here? Havin' fun.. You should try it sometime, land luvva's!"

(History): This character was actually written by Shade, another character of mine. So.. I'll be role playing as character that I created that my character created in a role play in this role play. (Yo dawg, I heard you like characters and role playing..)

(Personality): She LOVES having fun, goofing around, and taking risks! She's a happy go lucky spirit who has her heart set on the sea. And yeah, Shade actually did make her up in a different story, none of this was made up on the spot!! XD

I'm loving all of the characters we have so far ^^ I added an approved characters list now. Sorry for any confusion.

Can't wait to see what other people come up with. So many possibilities with pirates. x3

And Duskbreeze, it seems you have a captain. Go ahead and get started on your character's app ^^

(Aye aye captain Star!!... I meen Harla)

Status: Fairly unheard of unfortunatly. But one day! One day!

Name: Sleek Wind

Sex: Mare!

Species: Mare!... i meen um... earth pony :)

Eye Color: baby blue, like the clear seas!!

Coat Color: a blue green, mostley on the side of green but in the dark it can look more of a blue

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Mane: a dark green, not as brittle as the rest of her crew mates dure to her being more or less away from the ocean, long and covers over her right eye, her tail matches the mane.

(Cutiemark): one of those old styled telescoped they would use in the crows nest. Signifying

(Weapons/Fighting style): an old styled rifle (Should be ok, if not lemme know!) With the barrel shaped like a pouncing wolf (will explain in history)

(Lifelong dream as a pirate/whatever they are): To avenge her father! and be the best pirate she can!

(History): At a young age Sleek always looked up to her father, he was rugged and kind and she couldn't think of anything better. Her father, like she aspired to be was a pirate. Sleek didn't get to see him much due to his adventures but as he was a captain he came back to say hello whenever he could. He was what the villigers called a 'long shot'. Not because he didn't stamd a chance but because of his signature rifle named: Prey Hunter. It was trusty and with his name could never miss! But one night when he was visiting he was assassinated. He never stood a chance and when Sleek woke up she just sat by his side and cried for days and days until she could finally bring herself to stop. She looked behind her and spotted her fathers rifle. That was the moment she promised herself she would find the pony who killed her father and maybe, just maybe be the best pirate ever!

When she came of an old enough age she was picked up by captain Harla Quinn and thats where it begins!

• Like 1

The rifle is fine. Just remember how limited they are in this era. ^^ the history is well done too.

Also, all of your statuses are either missing, or unbolded. I think it's really cool to read that part so if you could, just add that in there. It's not something that stops me from accepting an app, it just adds a nice little touch to it ;)

Status: The legend continues. Not much is known about her, well not much except rumors and ghost stories about ponies and their ships being dragged down below. The only thing they heard beforehoof was the screech of violins and various string instruments, hidden away by the dark nights on which they struck.

Name: Allegro Concerto. Her crew simply refer to her in the formal terms of either captain or Ma'am.

Sex: Female

Species: Unicorn. Her magic is limited to some very basic techniques. Minor levitation and slight use of telekinesis for hovering weapons and such. One spell she has spent a great deal of years perfecting and it still continues to drain her both physically and mentally with use. This spell is weather alteration, not drastic, but enough to be noticeable. Heavy rain and winds can be conjured up with time and a particular piece of violin music.

Eye Color: A milky yellow.

Coat Color: A dark grey. It gets lighter as it reaches her hooves.

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Her mane is jet black by nature and styled in a flowing, lengthy pony tail. As is her tail, though her tail has a white streak running down through it.

General appearance: Allegro is naturally a sharp dresser. Whilst she does stick to the famed pirate clothing she tends to keep the entire ensemble spic & span. Her hat is much the same as any captain's hat although it sports a long blue Pegasus feather spouting from it. Her jacket is a fine shiny black shade with an underlying red tint to it. The inside of said jacket is blood red. The shirt wore beneath this is both frilly and an impeccably clean white. As for her physical appearance Allegro is tall and rather slender, but in all the right places. Naturally extremely pretty and takes very good care of herself and her appearance.

Cutiemark: A sword crossing with a violin bow.

Ship description: The Seventh Lament (subject to change). The ship is of a medium size. Not incredibly large and not insanely small. The ships sails are dark, almost as dark as her mane. The ship just like herself is very clean and proper. Especially for a pirates ship. The ship has been through various refurbishments and such with the money pulled in from piracy. The ships innards is decked with only the finest materials. The crew is much like any other bar a few exceptions. They are loyal to the core. Money would not sway them from their captain. In the face of death they would appear unflinching and proudly fall in her name. She has raised this crew to be proper and efficient. They are strangely classy pirates. They have been forced through an almost regimental training regime. Some of her crew have been made to learn instruments such as war drums and violins. The ship has an average speed without wind but excels greatly with the wind in her sails. Cannons are numerous and of moderate damage. The ship can hold some treasure but not great amounts.

Weapons/Fighting style: Allegro is an extremely competent swordsmare. Her rapier is made of the finest steel and is used as if a professional dueler was on the hilt. She's not to fond of flintlocks and such and would rather place her life in a blade. Her crew have been trained to work in classes. Some excel with rifles whilst the others swords. Before striking a ship, Allegro summons her crew to play ominous musical pieces as part of psychological warfare. When the music ends, the cannons start.

Lifelong dream as a pirate/whatever they are: Allegro has odd motivations. She sees the days of piracy being ran by unintelligent brutes motivated only by money as a fading memory. She intends to bring a touch of class to the seas whilst still remaining a lawless individual. She hopes to bring a new code into effect and someday even be the Pirate Queen.

History: Not much is known about her past. She led a normal life beforehoof as the daughter of an important pony in the empire. Due to this she was forced into a life of class and has the notion that she is better than everypony else thrust upon her. She didn't take kindly to this and left the family. Not without leaving an explosive goodbye though. It was during this time she mastered the violin and fencing. She started off small and looked for only the most like minded of crews.

Personality: Allegro treats her crew with the respect she demands for herself. Treat others as they treat you. She likes the thrill of the hunt and will not hesitate to take an innocent life if given a good reason. She is prone to insane fits of rage and drunken mishaps when she lets her guard down. For someone who displays a great deal of love for the life of class she tends to contradict herself with some actions such as drinking, smoking and killing. Allegro is a flirtatious deadly mare who hides behind a veil of sophisticated apparel and mannerisms.

Hope this is acceptable XD I know some things might not be! Also alcohol is permitted in the mane RP. Why not here? If you don't mind me asking XD

The app is very well done. I like the idea of a classy, rapier wielding, pirate who uses psychological warfare along with her cannons. Can't wait to see how she fights :)

it says alcohol CAN be substituted. You don't have to, I just though it would be fitting since... well... I don't know actually. XD Use it if you want i guess.

oh, and does anyone else have fun reading all of this with the music? x3 I think I'm enjoying it a bit too much to be honest :blah:

OOC: Woot! This got started! Alright, time to make a character up as I type.... :blush:

Status: “Legend Begins: " Wood Wing has just stolen a ship from the Sky Docks of the Mareabian and is now off to make a name for himself....with the help of some friends, I guess.

Name: Wood Wing.

Sex: The Craziest Stallion you will ever meet.

Age: 29, Old enough to pose a threat but young enough to make stupid mistakes.

Species: Pegasus and proud, stick it to those ground ponies baby!

Eye Color: A light blue that seems humorously out of place, not that you would ever see them behind the mask.

Coat Color: The trademark dark green of his bloodline

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Mane: A mockingly bright red mane and tail that smell of water found in clouds.

(General appearance): Wood's appearance reflects who he is, young, insane, and desperate to forge his own legend. As such, he wears clothes that make him stand out from a crowd, such as his first and most noticeable article of clothing, a large, wooden mask in the form of a pony head that replaces his own face, some may wonder why he wears this when he actually is a pony, but his answer is a simple "why not?"

The other part of his clothing hints at his practical side, it is a tight fitting leather coat with quite a few pockets, allowing him to bring snacks or steal loot while keeping his speed mostly unaffected.

(Cutiemark) A pair of wings holding a drift-wood mask, symbolism of his intense speed and strange love of masks.

(Ship description): Only the dead use the sea! And this opinion is reflected by his strange ship: The Stratus Shredder is a cloud manipulated into the shape of a small pirate ship, this makes it very, very fast, but very, very fragile, a single cannon being able to rip it apart. Luckily, Wood(or his crew, who could of politely suggested this to him on a good day.) keeps his ship far out harms reach as his men fly down for a fight...or at least he trys to, for to his crew's neverending horror, he has actually brought her down to circle the enemy at an intense speed to "put the fear of the sky into them.

In the center of the ship, is a very small area that the main crew never go towards on their own accord...it serves as the home of the ship shaman and where they keep the rare prisoner. It is full of strange ingredients and items and some would say holds the true treasures of the Stratus Shredder...medical supplies and items of strange and not-well-known power! It is also one of the only major things slowing the ship down to a speed that ponies actually have a chance of hitting.

(Weapons/Fighting style): Wanting to do something more with his speed and give him another layer of uniquity, Wood commissioned a set of of wing blades, effectively turning his wings into deadly weapons themselves and allowing him to do very quick attacks while hurling insults at his foes. The wing blades do not have some really ornamental look, believe it or not, they simply fit onto the edge of the wings with the serrated edges coating the tip feathers.

(Lifelong dream as a pirate/whatever they are): Wood's lifelong dream is to finally outshine his family and to cut his name into the beaten and bloody face of history(and his brothers.) and is willing to do literally anything to increase his fame, if he has to become the richest pony, conquer and island or two, or become Pirate King to do that, then so be it! (Gah...this is saddingly empty, sorry about that, but his dream is fairly simple at the moment.)

(History): Wood's history is a very.... touchy subject and he has been known to throw any who inquire about it overboard, but some things have been deduced by the more intelligent and scholarly ponies who have studied him.

He seemed to grow up in the scrawling Cloud Docks of the Mareabian, where you have to stab fast and think faster to survive, (Colt) Wood's quick tongue and quicker wings allowed him to survive in this hostile environment, but it also earned him many enemies. Soon, his eldest brother, Murk Wing, took control of the Docks and became a Pirate Lord, suddenly placing a measure of expectation onto the fast rascal known as Wood Wing, at first this was manageable, in fact he enjoyed the attention! But soon his second older brother, Glitter Wing, returned from a long journey with a truly titanic horde of treasure and only one fourth of his crew left, making him one of the richest ponies in Sky-Dock history.

Because of this, Wood began getting respect from previously hated foes and was treated as something akin to a prince...

And of course, he loved it! Abusing his power at every opportunity, getting revenge on those who had wronged him, it was great! But soon, ponies began noticing he hadn't done anything of note yet, they began muttering about him being the odd-one-out, how he was a failure.

Yeah, after an entire "childhood" of hearing these things all day every day, you would be rather insane too.

(Personality): Wood Wing is rude to his crew, often making jokes at their expense and putting them through hell, but he doesn't hate them, not at all, and he always pays them fairly and allows quite a bit of freedom and parties as long as he is invited.(Oh goodness...this is painfully short, oh well, I guess we will all find out over the course of the RP!)

Status: Legend Begins (for him) Legend Continues (for the ship)

Name: Royal Range

Species: Earth Pony

Eye Colour: Vivid Green

Coat Colour: Pale Blue

Mane and Tail: Both are blonde, cut short and well-kempt.

Appearance: Royal Range wears the coats with tails of the traditional naval officer in a bright white, like many in the Equestrian Navy. He always stands straight, and pays meticulous attention to his looks. No errant hair out of place, no marks on his uniform and certainly no stains on his coat. A sword that is mostly for show sits on his hip, while on his back he carries his weapon a choice, a flintlock carbine.

Cutiemark: A flintlock musket in the process of being loaded.

Ship: The HMS Alicorn is the pride of the Equestrian Navy, and the charge of the renowned Pirate Hunter, Ship Master True Majesty. She is a large frigate that has had its tonnage specially reduced so it can keep up with lighter, more agile ships. Her design was the work of the brilliant pegasus master shipbuilder, Wind Wolff, and constructed at the famous earth pony shipyards of Baltimare, with help of several of Equestria's greatest mages.This experimental design proved too costly to mass produce, so the Alicorn is the only one of her kind. A true blend of earth pony craftsmanship, pegasus design, and unicorn magic. As a side effect of her design, the 28 cannons on her top deck are constructed out of a magical alloy, and the cannonballs are specially constructed in a workshop in Baltimare. This means she can only be resupplied with ammunition in Baltimare harbour.

Fighting Style: There's only one class Range flunked, and that was hoof to hoof combat. He is quick at loading and accurate with a musket or pistol, and will try his best to keep out of a mêlée, but if he gets caught, then he'll stay mostly defensive, and hope that somepony on his crew might get him out of it. He wields a flintlock musket carbine, a specially shortened rifle that affords him a bit more mobility and faster reloading than the average musket. A gift from his uncle.

History: Royal Range comes from a family who has served in the Equestrian Navy for the past six generations. As such he knew from birth that he would be a seapony, and couldn't wait to grow up and experience it. He has a somewhat naive thirst for adventure, considering his grooming, and is a glory seeker, eager to prove himself to his father, who happens to be Lord High Admiral. One day he hopes for his own charge, but he has a deep respect for Ship Master True Majesty.

Personality: On the outside he is prim and proper, formal to a fault. His upper class upbringing has made him a little indifferent to the plight of the common sailor, but his youth means he gets on quite well with a few of the other newbies. Likes to take chances, and is unafraid to get stuck in, but his lack of experience and ability leaves him on the rear lines. Is quick witted and intelligent, as well as unafraid to break protocol if it means a pony's life. Qualities that True Majesty respects and understands.

(I hope you don't mind me rping as a Naval Officer. Also could I technically rp as the captain as well? Just that he isn't the focus of the narrative, but I'd prefer to retain control of the ship.)

Woah, this is taking off fast! Hooray for all the joining players, I know and freaking love all of you guys! XD This is gonna be sooo good!

...and yus, Talex, I am digging the music ^^

Don't worry Talex :3 My old school rifle shall be exactly as described. A single shot, bolt action rifle. That shoud be ok right? Like i know in pirates of the Caribean they use this kind of riffle so I think im all ok :D

Oh and welcome all! I can't wait to shoot ya twice and think nothing of it! :3