Favourite Youtubers?

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your favourite Youtuber?

• PewDiePie
    • RayWilliamJohnson
    • Smosh
    • CutiePieMarzia
    • Other

I enjoy watching Pewdiepie, Tobuscus, Yogscast, Nigahiga, TheFineBros, and sometimes thecomputernerd1. I must be missing someone. I go for the comedy ones.

I'm all in for the Yogscast, they get me laughing every time. Haven't actually looked into the others much...was a fan of Smosh though, when they were in their early stuff.

To be honest, I hate Simon a lot. He's trying too hard to be funny, and is just acting stupid. I don't learn much from him, considering he just screws around in a walkthrough. Plus, his staged laugh is terrible. The episodes he does with Lewis and his humor is a bit forced.

Duncan is my favorite, he's much more constructive than the others and gives some good advice for Tekkit and such. He plays around once in a while, but it doesn't interfere with the walkthrough. Nilesy is almost as good as Duncan.

Just saying that I'm only focusing on Minecraft on that. Yogscast is a gaming group, so they do other games. Before I played Minecraft, I was watching World of Warcraft from them.

The guys at Achievement Hunter (or Rooster Teeth), because its just a group of friends playing games.

Also the Two Best Friends. Probably because there the two (Sometimes 3) most well informed and video game savvy guys i've seen. Mat and Pat focus more on the interaction between themselves (an idiot and a short tempered guy) rather than screaming at the game like most LP'ers. The best way to describe them is more 'personal'. They talk about real life experiences and their vast knowledge of the video game industry, they do re-use jokes for the fans, but the're not too overused.

The only other two guys I watch are Criken and i've just got into Markiplier.

To be honest, I hate Simon a lot. He's trying too hard to be funny, and is just acting stupid. I don't learn much from him, considering he just screws around in a walkthrough. Plus, his staged laugh is terrible. The episodes he does with Lewis and his humor is a bit forced.

Duncan is my favorite, he's much more constructive than the others and gives some good advice for Tekkit and such. He plays around once in a while, but it doesn't interfere with the walkthrough. Nilesy is almost as good as Duncan.

Just saying that I'm only focusing on Minecraft on that. Yogscast is a gaming group, so they do other games. Before I played Minecraft, I was watching World of Warcraft from them.

I can agree with you on the fact that they don't particularly do good walkthroughs and they're actually quite bad players. Mind you though, I started watching them when they just started playing Minecraft and I found it very fun to watch, not just to get info on the game but also it was just really entertaining. I think I've only ever watched them for that entertainment factor from then on. I listened to their podcasts before and found they tap into my sense of humour. For me, they're great because they are just some funny guys, mucking about, playing games and having a good time....while also making some "useful" walkthroughs/tutorials in the process....although that's a rare occasion

And I do agree that sometimes Simon's "aaaaaaahhh" cry can be quite annoying...sometimes

There's better groups out there for gaming, without a doubt but...I don't think I'm very serious when it comes to gaming :P

My favorite Youtubers would have to be Criken, FreddieWong, TwoBestFriends, ChaoticMonki (AKA Cry), and AsapScience.

Note: Some of these Youtube Authors play or feature Mature Content within their videos. While they do have awesome content, please keep this in mind if you decide to watch some of their videos.

Reasons (Warning, it's somewhat a wall):

Criken and his crew seems to actually play games FOR the game. There's no forced gags, nothing is scripted (with the exception of two Quickie vids) and it usually showcases Criken and friends just having a grand time. There's nothing better than watching genuine, random events in comparison to those which are scripted.

FreddieWong makes incredible video game related videos, with a good dose of comedy and lightheartedness added in most of them. They have a good handing on both CGI, and traditional effects, mixing both to a believable degree. I'd like to see them create a movie, but I have a feeling they're raking up enough dosh via Youtube to live perfectly off that (not to mention the creative freedoms of remaining independent.)

For TwoBestFriends I agree with Penumbra's statement. I'm not saying that just because I'm lazy, but because he's right!

I'm also VERY lazy!

ChaoticMonki is a LPer who puts his own self interest in the game. He's one of the few people who DOESN'T interrupt during cinematic scenes or during important parts of the story. It feels odd to me having an LPer talk to characters in a game (I haven't really found many LPers who do this continually) but it's somewhat refreshing. He plays for the story of the game, not really for the combat or mechanics of the game (but surely it's a plus for him I'm sure.)

AsapScience, as in its name, uploads weekly Science videos which answers Youtuber's questions (Think Vsauce, but in smaller bite sized chunks.) Most of these videos last 2-3 minutes which has everything condensed to answer X question. If that's not enough, he provides source links to backup his youtube quickie's in case you want to know more information. But like all science (and anything you're interested in) it's always best to go further down the rabbit hole.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, I love JonTron, RageNineteen always makes me laugh, Brentalfloss' with lyrics are among my favorite video game related songs, and those four are probably at the top of the list.

Of them, RageNineteen is my overall favorite. I just like his style of humor, and he updates frequently enough for very few people to complain.

EDIT: Three. I meant favorite three.

There's this new guy. MrFostersz that only has like two videos but he is making more and he's very new but also pretty funny :) idk how I found him haha

• 3 months later...

I'd have to say Deepercutt (hi-larious Youtube Poops)

PewDiePie, even though I don't watch him as much as I used to.

MarkiplierGAME (he basically replaced Pewdie for me as an LPer).

Yamimash (friend of Markiplier).

DasBoSchitt, kitty0706, RubberFruit (the aforementioned three are great GModders).

big think (not really a specific Youtuber, but a collection of philosophers, scientists and other thinkers like Neil deGrass Tyson, Penn Jillete, Henry Rollins, etc.).

ShoddyCast (they do an amazing Elder Scrolls Lore series and other news/podcast videos concerning Elder Scrolls Online).

TatsTopsVideos (fun little videos like 'Top XX Game Glitches' or 'Top XX Weather Phenomena').

AwfulFawfuleTheFalafe (another hilarious Youtube Pooper that does mostly pony and Spongebob poops, among other things).

TeamFourStar.

CardGamesFTW.

Shesellsheshells (he doesn't do allot, but he made the mega popular 'Extreme Rice' and did a fun LP of the terrible game 'Silent Hill: Homecoming' and does 'Youtube Reacts' videos, which is basically a collection of online buddies who quote ridiculous Youtube comments on popular videos in loud and crazy ways).

And of course 1KidsEnterainment, home of Pokemon 'Bridged, seemingly the only good Pokemon Abridged series on the net.