The Courageous Journey

Sky looked down at the pony who had talked to him, he shyly flew down. As he landed in front of her, he moved his mane in front of his face, he was still nervous and frightened at not knowing anyone here

"H....hi" He managed to get out

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah good! She had managed to get him down of there and away from the bat pony. Miryo needed to have AT LEAST one friend, after all because there she was off to a bad start with Aegis and Sapphire. She'd grin at Sky when he came down to say hi.

''Don't be shy! If the princess chose you to come here for whatever's the problem, then it must be for a good reason! Just like me!''

She'd proudly bring a hoof to her chest to point it out. That hoof would then be put forward ready to be shaken just to welcome the newcomer. She wouldn't let go of the smile there. Truly she was just happy to see that not everyone here was a guard of Celestia or Luna because so far she felt left out a little. She didn't just forget that she had been called a farmer after one sight of her weapon of which she was the proud owner.

''So what's your name?''

She'd ask, her hoof still ready to be shaken.

Sky nervously reached out and skock the pony's hoof. She seemed nice though sky was to nervous to say much, it didnt help that the fangs of that bat had tramatized him. When he heard her say about the good reason, he instantly thought to himmself 'The only thing im good at is flying', as thought that, he subconciously said"Im sky"

Sapphire smiled at him as he came to say sorry." Meh no worries get it a lot," she said jokingly and then shrugged. "Haven't slept," she said and looked at Miyro, she seemed alright although she knew the weapon was not that off a farmers. She flew to the doorway and net her friend. "Be sure the surroundings are safe for tonight, I will be gone some time and I don't want any pony hurt, however if this happens, be sure to be there and give me the blame, no pony is dying when I am gone, the welfare of them are what is most important, ok?" She said with a nod. "Take my position whilst I'm gone,"

"Yes Ma'am Night wing will do his best," he said referring to his self.

"Good, thank you and tell Celestia's as well, but for now go and get some sleep," she said and patted his head, he flew up to his quarters.

"Better hope they come soon, we're loosing precious daylight or whatever," she shrugged and took off her helmet, letting her dark blue mane fall down. "Miyro, how long have you had that Scythe? Seems sturdy? You should work here for us or yourself, we could use some pony of your talents,"

Aegis nodded at Stormchaser as he revealed his talent for lightning control. "That is a very useful skill indeed. I can see why you're here. Bolt of lightning hits me and this suit'll bring me to a slow boil," Aegis said with yet another laugh. He then looked to Miryu, who laughed in response to his insult, before retorting. He flipped open the grille of his helmet to reveal his scarred and starting to wrinkle muzzle and grey fur. He slowly sized her up with his emerald eyes, before his muzzle twisted into a smile. "So you are, lass. If I don't hold the punches, you shouldn't either." He closed the grille again as another newcomer arrived. He recognised Pyro the same moment he recognised him. "Pyro! Long time no see," Aegis said with a nod of his helmet at the stallion. "How have things been since the Changeling thing?" he asked.

Another newcomer slowly slunk his way down the hall, almost in the shadow of Pyroblaze before standing away from the group completely. Aegis wasn't sure what to make of this one. Was he just antisocial? Sapphire went over to talk to him and it clearly didn't end well as Sapphire flew up to the ceiling. They both came down as Miryu seemed to earmark the stallion as a potential ally. Aegis walked up to Sky as he hid away from Sapphire and Miryu. "Just some friendly advice, lad. We're all going to be fighting together here. You need to get comfortable with us. You can't hesitate to warn one of us if something's going sour. You hearing me?" Aegis advised, his tone friendly, yet also a little stern.

Sky looked at the older and by the looks of it, more experianced guard standing over him. Sky was shorter then most, so he was a little taken aback by the stallion.

"I...Im useless" Sky said, knowing his only talent was his skillfull flying. He knew he had other talents, but none that he thought were important

Aegis stared at the stallion for a moment, his helmet keeping his face hidden. The pansy in front of him was about as confident as he looked. Aegis shook his head. "You're only as useless as you think you are, lad. Grow a backbone and start to act like a stallion. Celestia picked you personally. She sees something in you, or you wouldn't be here," Aegis said quietly so as to keep the conversation as private as possible. "Think on that one, lad. You're special. So tell me what you can do."

Pyro smiled at Sapphire and gave a wave as the bat greeted him. So they had two current guards, one of Celestia's and one of Luna's, and a former guard. Well, they definitely weren't lacking in experience. Then he looked over his shoulder at the other stallion that had entered behind him.

Then Aegis spoke to him, asking how he'd been since the changeling attack. He sighed and looked over to the former guard before answering.

"Pretty good, I guess. We were on a changeling hunt for a bit after the attack. We couldn't find any more changelings though. After that, it's been pretty quiet." Pyro said before Aegis walked over to the pony that had entered behind him, Sky, he believed. Aegis gave Sky advice to not be so shy and to not hesitate to ask for help. Then Pyro frowned as Sky said he was useless. Pyro walked over to the two, stopping near Sky.

"Seriously? Everypony's useful for something. Celestia wouldn't have invited you along if she didn't think you could contribute to the mission." Pyro said, trying to encourage Sky.

Sky was looked at the guard. Sky brang a small smile to his face. The guard had made some good points, espeially the one about celestia hoof picking him. When he said about growing a back bone, it made sky wimper a bit but it didnt stop him from smiling

"All im really good at is flying" He said

Aegis could see his words were having some effect on the stallion, especially as Pyroblaze walked over to help out. The guardspony had the exact same idea he did, and Aegis flashed him a smile from somewhere within his helm. Sky slowly started to smile and made a small admission. He was a skilled flyer. Aegis laughed reassuringly. "There we are, lad. See, that wasn't so hard. You're a great flyer. Probably one of the best to be hoof picked by the Princess, isn't that right, Pyro?" Aegis said with a small nudge at the guard. "There's always a call for skilled flyers. Any more tricks you hiding away there?" Aegis asked warmly.

Pyro smiled as Sky admitted he was a good flyer. He then looked over at Aegis as the stallion nudged him, talking about how the Pegasus was one of the best to be picked by the princess.

"Right, a good flyer will undoubtably be useful." Pyro said, smiling at Sky. Sapphire put her two bits in as well, but he didn't really mind.

(Here's a quicky I did of Miryo during lunch break http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii309/Ikima/20140531_184310_zpse289290e.jpg and sorry for the delay. Was at work. Same for tomorrow, I won't be on much. )

MIryo had chuckled slightly at what Aegis said before she went onto other things such as greeting Sky. The pegasus shook her hoof just like she wanted, but it seemed like he was still pretty shy. He didn't say much... but at least introduced himself by saying his name. Good enough! At least for now... After what this one was starting to meet with everypony else it seemed. Sapphire, then Aegis and... well almost everyone. Miryo looked and listened, not having much to add to the rest of the conversation there. The others were trying to cheer him and even if she had put her share into it, the bat-pony came back to her with a question. She couldn't help but to look proud and smirk again when she was asked about her scythe. Once again she took it off her back while being careful of her surroundings not to hit anyone with it.

''This lil' baby? Yeah, had it for at least a year! Made sure to make it tough enough and it's even enchanted!''

She'd say, now rubbing the blade of her weapon on the flat side with that grin of hers as she looked at it. It's only to Sapphire's next question that she would lose it, though and would look at her. When asked to work for them or herself in this place? Well... things were a bit more complicated than that.

''Nope... Sorry, but that's a no can do for me. Got other projects in mind that I wanna do and staying here wouldn't allow me to do that.''

She'd say ending it all with a shrug.

Sky couldnt think of anything else thats useful he could do, sure there were traits he had that might be useful, but nothing that would help the team. Sky wimpered a bit as he couldnt think of anything else he was good at, and a bit more when the other Pegasus walked over and boasted a bit about his flying.

"N..no" Sky said, still shy. Sky didnt know if he had other talent, thats why he couldnt answer that question

Aegis was glad the others all pitched in. She could hear Sky growing more confidant, which was good. Celestia always chose a pony for a reason. Sky might not seem impressive, but it was true Celestia saw something in him, and he was sure that Aegis would say the same. Pyro came through with his support, and Sapphire pitched in as well. Then Stormchaser walked over and voiced his own skills. Aegis rolled his eyes and looked over to him. "You must be great too, Stormchaser. You were chosen as well after all. Sky here just needs a little encouragement," Aegis said, trying to play nice before turning back to Sky. "Well don't worry, Sky. Even if you don't know yet, I'm sure Celestia has seen them," he said with a nod.

"I know and I am not trying to put you down sky it's just I didn't say it you might put me as a bad flyer we won't know who's best until we both get in the air and again not trying to be rude. If we get lost in a thunderstorm on the ground or in the air I will be able to guide us out and sky I am sure you will find the skills your the best at during this journey my skills as you guess is base on storms not just thunderstorm but thunderstorm is the one I am best at. Said stormchaser

Sky felt alot better about himself, though he was still a bit scared, but that was probably only natural. Sky smiled, a decent smile this time, as he stood up though he still had his mane covering his face. Sky was glad that these pony's seemed nice, they all were trying to help him see that he is there for a reason.

"T..thanks" He said happy that although he felt useless, the others thought he would still be helpful. Sky stood up straight though, like before, keeping his face hidden by his mane

Sapphire smiled at Miryo. "Cool, well if you do need anything just trot right up to the gates and ask for Sapphire Swirl! Anything! Anyway how long?" She asked with a shrug, she then closed her eyes and let her heightened ears do the work, of hearing wings flapping or armour across the ground of the Princesses.

Sky looked at every pony, although he didnt know any of them, he felt a little bit safe, not as much as with a friend, but safe notherless

"I...I wonder what.....wwe are h..here to do" Sky said, still feeling a bit shy and findign it hard to talk properaly

Get anything just by asking? Wow well Miryo seemed to be trusted rather quickly, which was good! The mare would give a small shrug with a little smile before she'd look at her weapon she was holding the blade down on the ground. Noticing that the blade seemed to be lacking some of its sharpness. Nothing big, really, but noticeable by her anyway. She'd remedy to this situation right away as by magic of her horn, a sharpening stone would fly out from under her mantle since her bag was there. That little rock would come floating above the blade while the unicorn would keep her eyes on it. Then in control of this magic, Miryo would make the stone slide on the edge of the blade to start sharpening it. The sounds of it could be heard across the room, although it wasn't very loud.

Always with the magic of the horn, the weapon would be taken into a pale brown colored aura and would be lifted off the ground so the blade would arrive at about her eye level. There Miryo would squint her eyes to look at it carefully after having put some work on it. She took some time to observe and look carefully, but to show satisfaction, her eyes opened and a grin appeared on her face. This being done, the stone would go back under her mantle and the scythe one more time on her back. She looked around the place a little. Some more ponies were to be met. That other unicorn for example... and the other guard who already knew both Sapphire and Aegis. Bah truly, she didn't feel the need to introduce herself to everypony one by one. She'd do it if they came to her, but the entrance she had done earlier should have been enough.

Instead she'd look around the room a little, now really noticing how the place was. The great hall leading to the thrones, but mostly the stained glasses. She knew those were all telling a different story. Well since Miryo didn't live in Ponyville forever, she didn't know everything about it as well as Canterlot. It was the first time she had put a hoof in here, after all. She'd look at them one by one, now curious enough to know about their stories.

''Can anypony explain to me what happened in those?''

She'd ask the general crowd loud enough to be heard, not leaving her sight from the stained glasses.

Sky slowly flew over to Miryo, who seemed to be lookign at the painted glass. As he landed next to her, he looked at the paintings, he didnt recognise all of them, though he did make out a few he had seen before.

"I cant make out all of them, though this one is telling about luna and celestia, back when they defeated discord" Sky said, smileing a bit

Pyro sighed slightly as Stormchaser came over and pointed out that Sky wasn't the only good flier in the room. Aegis was being more diplomatic about it than he would've been, so he was happy to let the former guard handle it. At least their efforts were paying off in Sky's case, as he seemed to not be so down any more.

He then glanced over at the scythe-wielding unicorn as she asked about the stained glass windows. Sky went over to her and spoke of the window of Celestia and Luna battling Discord. With a slight smile, Pyro walked over to the two and pointed out another window.

"That one's about when Discord returned and was stopped by six friends." He said. He couldn't remember their names though.

Archived