Telephone Pictionary: IT'S BACK!

Hey all!

I mentioned this awhile ago, mostly on Skype, but there's a forum game that I think is a heck of a lot of fun and should be resurrected! Back on the old Canterlot, once in awhile we'd have signups for this game, Telephone Pictionary, where players would alternate between drawing pictures to fit a caption, or giving a drawn picture a caption! For example, take a look at the example below:

Start Caption: An apple holding a macintosh.
I will PM this starting caption to Player 1, who will have to draw a picture.

Player 1 has to draw a picture:

14skujd.png

Player 1 will PM this picture to me, and after checking it, I will in turn send it to Player 2!

Player 2 has to give that a caption:

Scary apple on a computer.

Once again, Player 2 sends me this caption, and I send it to Player 3 who must draw a picture!

Player 3:
smzwgg.png

And so on and so forth until the game is over!

At the end of the game, the results will be posted from start to finish, and we all have a good laugh!

The rules of the game:
1. You can sign up for either a picture or a caption, but keep in mind you're not guaranteed that spot! If we don't have enough of one, we'll have to move folks!
               1a. You CAN ask to do both, and if we want a game to go on long enough (or we don't have a lot of players), we can let players have multiple turns!
2. KEEP IT CLEAN! We must obey the forum rules if we don't want this shut down and if we don't want warning points! This is a very fun game where we can get silly and crazy, but don't go overboard, guys. Keep it reasonable!
               2a. Posts deemed inappropriate will not be submitted, and the player will be asked to change it, keeping in mind the below time limit. Sorry, but I love this place too much to get in trouble :P  
3. Don't ruin the game! Again, I know we're getting silly and all that, but don't give a picture a random caption just because you want someone to draw that instead.
4. Once the game is started, each player will have a 24 hour period to either draw their picture or submit their caption. Players that fail to meet the deadline will be moved down the list.
5. Have fun!

I remember a lot of people having a lot of fun and having some great laughs playing this game. It was also a great way for the community to come together in a judgement-free zone! Can't draw? That's fine! Makes the game even better, if you ask me!

So, we're going to have signups here, which will be open until next Saturday, May 28 at 11:59 EST! The game will begin that next Monday, May 30!

Anyone who's interested, please say so below!
With your signup, please indicate whether you have a preference for writing a caption, drawing a picture, or both! Again, keep in mind you may not be given your preference depending on how things balance out. The order players take their turn will be on a first come, first serve basis. Once the signups are concluded, a final game roster will be sent to all players, and players can feel free to PM me before the game starts if they want to try and change preference, play order, anything like that! In fact, any questions or concerns at all, please PM me!

Hope to see you all come around!

Players                                       Pref. Role
Imagination                                 Starting Caption
Zeig                                             Drawer
Lyipheoryia                                  Either
RarityDash                                  Either
ToothpasteThy                            Either
SymphonicFire                            Drawer
SteelEagle                                   Captioner
Mute                                            Drawer
PolyBlank                                   Either

Sign me up for either. Anyone who recalls the  previous games from years back will recall I cannot draw at all, but that's the fun of this thing. 

Glad to see this be a thing again after so long.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all!

In the interest of time and difficulties in communication, I'm going to declare this round of Telephone Pictionary OVER!

Hope we all had fun! Of course, just how much fun? Lets see!
(for the sake of conserving space and ease of reading, pics will be posted as links)

Our starting caption was:

Board meeting for Blind Ponies Inc.

For which Zeig graced us with this drawing!:

http://i.imgur.com/J5Q9cNs.png

Lyipheoryia captioned it:

Blind ponies learning how to read.

RarityDash responded with:

http://www.canterlot.com/uploads/monthly_2016_06/575122b0c2650_trueart.png.df35a615a412cff557a2ae98910414d8.png

Toothpastethy captioned it:

Twilight teaching sign language to blind ponies.

Symphonicfire responded with:

http://www.canterlot.com/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=http%3A%2F%2Forig14.deviantart.net%2F3d41%2Ff%2F2016%2F156%2F8%2F6%2Fpictionary1_by_symphonicfire-da53br3.png&key=1ca2d9daef14765da07390451a655b53a62de741611f4a93f3e17117f4d9cef2

Steeleagle captioned it:

"Come, watch the dance of my people!"
"We are...we think..."

(Due to unfortunate time and communication constraints with the last two players, Zeig and Steeleagle volunteered to finish the game up!)

Zeig responded with:

http://i.imgur.com/AN97xjK.png

And to finish it off, the final caption from Steeleagle:

"And for a low, low price of ten bits, you too can be taught to dance blind!"

=============================================================================

I hope you had fun, and I hope to see everyone come back for the next round!

Speaking of which, if anyone has comments or suggestions about how this game went, please feel free to PM me!

Thanks for playing!!

Nice!

The transformation wasn't quite as great as I recall it being with some of the previous games. Even with the vastly different interpretations (including my Snowdrop clones), we didn't really get away from the blind ponies.

Still, got some amusing results and I look forward to future rounds. :smirk:

37 minutes ago, RarityDash said:

Nice!

The transformation wasn't quite as great as I recall it being with some of the previous games. Even with the vastly different interpretations (including my Snowdrop clones), we didn't really get away from the blind ponies.

Still, got some amusing results and I look forward to future rounds. :smirk:

Yeah, but still a good game!

I'll try to mix it up for the next round!

...Oh. I honestly wouldn't have gotten the 'blind' part from the Snowdrop clones, though now that I know they're suppose to be Snowdrop, I get the reference, lol. 

I enjoyed this round! I wasn't around for the previous rendition of this game, so I can't really compare it. Nonetheless I had fun~

Ooo!  Could I draw for the next round?  

I think my art is quite funny.

My donkey was called: 

a spider

a pig

a bunny

a horse

a pony

a monkey

But it distinctly still looks like a donkey

Archived