How to meet other bronys

CrossStitch

~A comprehensive guide on ways to attract fellow bronys~

Basically, stories of ways you've met other bronys

((For the life of me, I still cannot figure out if it's bronys or bronies))

-Wearing MLP merchandise: Now this is pretty obvious. One day whilst wearing my Derpy shirt, a brony stopped me and asked what was on my shirt (I was a little nervous about wearing the shirt, so I kept my jacket half zipped up). Upon showing him my shirt, he showed me his Derpy keychain on his keys.

-Drawing Ponies during class: For our art class, we were to turn in three sketches, drawings, etc. I drew Rainbow Dash, Derpy, and Doctor Whooves. Not many others understood what they were looking at, but it did attract another brony from class who applauded me for my sketches.

So, what are some stories of your encounters with other bronys?

during comic con, me and my friend sang the theme song wherever we went in hopes that somebody would stop us if they heard it. unfortunately we didn't seem to be as confident of our singing abilities while at a convention as we were in a noisy cafeteria (we did end up meeting bronies who were in cosplay or had the same idea of singing though). I also draw ponies on my homework in hopes that one of my teachers are a brony (none of them are). also when doing group work in class I make references and draw ponies, but nobody gets those either.

as far as I've been able to tell, me and my converted friend are the only two bronies at school :( but I think there might be two hiding in my english class as I've heard mention of unicorns a couple times

Yeah I draw ponies too in my highschool. Only 1 pegasis found, no bronies. I made 3 bronies out of regular people though :).

I tried the singing too, but most people asked me what I'm singing or just laughed. It's really hard to find bronies in Poland, guess it's still too few of us here.

I live in a fairly suburban area in New Jersey, so it's definitely hard to find any Bronies. I've tried to convert my best friend, but he seems to be quite insistent on it...considering he watches up to the intro and then stops... :roll:

However, I've joined a few Brony groups on Facebook, so I suppose that might lead me to such Brony friends...and hey, I've got you fellas, too.

I was thinking about going to BroNYCon once I move out, because there's NO WAY I'm asking my parents to go to a con related to FiM...After all, they don't even know I'm a Brony.

I made Pony refferences on facebook before I deactivated my account, found a few bronies and pegasisters from my school that way. Also converted my best friend, my English teacher has shown signs of being a brony (or at least admiring the fandom and possibly making a few mlp refferences in a few of our assignments), one of my friends told me of a few bronies at our school when I showed him my Rainbow Dash keychain, a kid at my lunch table has a few pony pics on his ipod touch, and another kid at my table wants to buy a rainbow dash tshirt.

At my school, we're pretty much a secret society. We don't reveal ourselves to anybody but our own kind, and when we do reveal ourselves to non bronies, it's either very subtle or disguised as a joke.

I'm the most obvious brony at our school, only about 10 people out of the hundreds (I'm guessing 300 or 400, though I'm now exactly sure) at the place know that I am one.

Just because my computer and my wife's are right next to each other, she can't help but view how much of my computer time is dedicated to ponies. Will she convert? I doubt it. But at least its in her head.

At my job, I'm constantly doodling Pinkie Pie (who is best pony) on the dry erase board, on paper and sticking it to the cork board, etc etc. On Thanksgiving, I drew a big one, tossing confetti and all that noise. Took up the whole board. Later that day, I see a cupcake drawn! That's too accurate, methinks. On Black Friday, I see Derpy. There is a secret brony at my Barnes and Noble. I just need to weed them out.

I've yet to find a brony anywhere. At least a true brony.

There's people that know what it is, but they're indifferent about it.

Then again, I'm not really loud about my bronyness, but I make a few comments from time to time and draw stuff at the school but nothing so far.

Oh well, maybe if I wear a shirt, somepony might say something.

I started posting about it on Facebook. Not only did I find out several of my old highschool friends are bronies, I found out my actual brothers are bronies.

Then I converted my roommate. So there's that.

I also found a brony meetup group for my area on meetup.com. I haven't actually managed to make it to any of the events yet, what with reviews and finals, but I'm hoping I'll be able to make one soon.

Oddly enough my school's full of them.

I converted (as he likes to put it) someone a couple months ago, and at lunch not too long ago we were randonly talking about apple.mov. Sure enough, at least three other people sitting around us knew what that was, and the conversation went to ponies... and trying to come to an agreement as to which pony is best pony.

Wee.

I've recently managed to get my best bud to watch "Lesson Zero"....wasn't impressed... :roll:

I was able to convince him to watch a few more and give it a chance, so if he doesn't like it still, can't say I didn't try, :)

I'm quite sure there are no Bronies at my school, though. My references go unnoticed, and I'm quite sure no one even knows WHAT a Brony is...I suppose it's for the best, eh?