Size of Ponies compared to humans?

korok132

Not exactly sure where this kind of question goes, so I might as well ask it here: How big do you think the ponies are in comparason to humans? I've always though of The Princesses as the size of normal horses, and everypony else is only about half their height. Horses are measured from their hooves to "shoulders," about where the mane ends on their back. Normal horses are about 5 feet tall. Meaning the show ponies are only about 2.5 ft in reality.

Those are some tiny horses! From what I can gather, actual ponies aren't much shorter than actual horses, only a foot or so shorter (meaning, 4 feet tall)

Alternatively, the MLP Ponies are the size of normal horses, meaning Luna and 'Tia, being twice as big as the ponies, are both 10 feet tall!

And I just realized that I more-or-less answered my own question, but ya know what? I want to know what you guys think on the subject. How tall are the ponies in comparason to humans?

I personally think they are (at the sholder) about half as tall as a human, if measured to the head, they're probably 4-4.5' tall

Though the thought of them being full-size and riding a pegasus... okokok! Yes, Riding Rainbow Dash! (lol) thats the stuff that dreams are made of! :D :D :D

• Like 2

Edit: Photobucket is being stupid.

But, I'm an art major. And one of the things that art majors find comforting is finding a way to put things to scale. The common apple is something both our universes have. Apples are approx. 4 inches high. I will refer to a picture once Photobucket isn't stupid anymore, but that puts the average mare at about 28 inches high. Her head falls shy of the waist of a 6 ft tall brony.

But, I'm an art major. And one of the things that art majors find comforting is finding a way to put things to scale. The common apple is something both our universes have. Apples are approx. 4 inches high.

Yes, but look at the average tree size, that throws it all into question. Also there's a difference in a normal apple and a crab apple - it's quite possible that equestria has the smaller varieties simply in different shapes, which would double the height of a pony. (I'm just playing devils advocate here, I think your completely right)

I'm surprised none of you have brought of G1 yet.

My theory is that the mane six, from their hooves to the top of their head, would be roughly 4-4.5ft tall. That's to the top of their mane, I mean.

It really changes, and I can see Big Mac being bigger than Luna, but Celestia being bigger than Big Mac, where Celestia can be seen about the same height in some shots. (Not the two in a single shot, though.)

For Ponies like Big mac, I believe from his hooves to the top of his head, he is about 5ft tall, maybe 5'5ft.

Just my input though.

I agree with Dashie -- our most solid evidence of pony size can probably be pulled from G1. Though I have to say, alicorns look way bigger to me than other ponies.

Most of us want to pretend G1-3.5 didnt exist... ;)

Alicorns are ~2x as tall as regular ponies (just pulled up Best Night Ever where twilight is standind next to celestia) which would make alicorns between regular horse and Clydesdale size I'm guessing.

Wow Whitehawke, that Scootaloo plushie! I want one!

I'm throwing my money at the screen and it's not going through!!! Scootaplush! Scootaplush! I'ts so D'awwwwww ^____^

lol. Seriously, Hasbro has NO IDEA how much $$$ they're missing out on by not producing plushies - the kids would love them and so would the bronies!

Why do you think alicorns are so big? Is it to reinforce Celestia's role as the motherly/parental figure in the show?

I think it's a simple "size = power" implication (though she's not bluffing with her size, she really HAS the power to back it up)

When you think about it, it's interesting... why not make Celestia the same size as the others so they could reuse another mold? There's something specific about her that they were emphasizing... (my guess is "our pink ponies are BIGGER!" >.<)

In a perfect world (which not even Equestria is with it's problems) Fillys (CMC) are about the size of a husky which you can cuddle and stuff but can't ride.Main cast are normal horses (including pegasusususus unicorns and normal earth ponies) And Alicorns are about twice the size of a mormal horse.Then finally but not least is the middle men (blueblood\big mac) which are a horse and a half.And I think thats it besides monsters und stuff

I'm throwing my money at the screen and it's not going through!!! Scootaplush! Scootaplush! I'ts so D'awwwwww ^____^

lol. Seriously, Hasbro has NO IDEA how much $$$ they're missing out on by not producing plushies - the kids would love them and so would the bronies!

I think it's a simple "size = power" implication (though she's not bluffing with her size, she really HAS the power to back it up)

When you think about it, it's interesting... why not make Celestia the same size as the others so they could reuse another mold? There's something specific about her that they were emphasizing... (my guess is "our pink ponies are BIGGER!" >.<)

There are offical pony plushies, but they're not very good looking:

pTRU1-9876383reg.jpg

AAAAC8dgmMsAAAAAAQX8qg.jpg?v=1289620581000

Also the dreaded Hasbro alert drone:

B33252DB5056900B10E4DF772D829A47.jpg

I don't think there's a brony alive that hasn't been spotted in the "pink aisle" by this thing.

• Like 1

There are offical pony plushies, but they're not very good looking:

pTRU1-9876383reg.jpg

AAAAC8dgmMsAAAAAAQX8qg.jpg?v=1289620581000

Also the dreaded Hasbro alert drone:

B33252DB5056900B10E4DF772D829A47.jpg

I don't think there's a brony alive that hasn't been spotted in the "pink aisle" by this thing.

Yes those are just depressing maybe they might actully want to try to make things accurate maybe they need to use Fluttershy's freaky knowladge of sewing.

Scootallo Plushie = Want (Withdrawls from ATM)

But how about this...

giant_pinkie_by_uknownprincess-d4i2una.jpg

And Link ---> http://uknownprinces...llery/#/d4i2una

Anyway, I would assume that ponies (except the Big Mac style and Princesses) are about the size of normal real life ponies which reach up to about 3-4 feet give or take. This would fit with the G1 (shudder) scaling as well. Granted in G1 the kids of course were a little taller than the ponies as they were kids rather than full grown adults. As for the princesses/ Big Mac, they would probably be more horse sized.

Having Mini horses around gives me a good feel for scale, especially seeing the ponies around non-magic animals in the show.They seem to be as big as the minis, about 2-3 feet at the shoulder, or roughly human size when standing upright on their hind legs. I measured the minis and did a rough calculation on how tall they would be upright. ;)

I am guessing Flim and flam are about 6' when they are dancing, while Big Mac might be about 7' upright.

The minis are also as big as I am when I have to get down on their level, on all fours, to tend to their injuries or check their legs and hooves. :smirk:

I TOTALITY agree. While I don't like toys that much, plushies would be just PERFECT for us.

Anyway. Let's not forget the moment then apple Jack were chasing The Cattles.

applejackridingacows01e.jpg

The cow size to human is something like it

chilli+giant+cow+%25282%2529.jpg

I can't do super precise math, and eye is not perfect part of human body to checking hight, but for eye, ponies should be around 1/3 size of adult human begin.

Ohmicelestia! That Pinkie plushie! Where in the hay would you keep her?

It wouldn't be called My Little Pony if all the ponies were huge. Just sayin'.

I know! Sadly she was auctioned off in Ebay.