Shipping pairs that never made sense

korok132

I know this fandom is crazy about shipping (or at least a vocal part of it is), so what are some ships you've thought about that never made sense to you?

For me, Vinyl Scratch/DJ Pon-3 and Octavia never made sense to me. I could maybe see them as roommates, but never as anything more. Vinyl's a party animal while Octavia is more of a refined, sort of high-class pony. I doubt they would even meet, much less have anything more than mutual respect for each others' music style. A friendship might form between the two, for some other reason, but not anything more.

Another one that never made sense would be any involving the villains. Not "villains" like Trixie or Gilda, but villains as in Discord or Queen Chrysalis. The ones that pose an genuine threat. That goes double for any involving Villain/Mane Six. I could see the villain undergoing redemption, and a friendship forming from that, but again, nothing more than that.

What about you guys? What are some ships that are just plain weird to you?

First of all familal shipping makes no sense like Apple Bloom x Applejack or Luna x Celestia. Yes, they're out there in the fanon world.

Vilain shipping like Discord x Chrysalis I think is ok as the whole mutual hatred of ponies turns into a common bond.

I don't like the Twilight x Trixie ships either. How can two ponies who dislike each other fall in love. I get the change of heart idea, but going from dislike to love is a difficult thing to pull off.

Also don't like any Twilight x Celestia ones either. It reeks of the student/ teacher love relationships which are just wrong IMO.