Special 8Bit Hub Game Comic-Con Exclusive

MyLittlePonyTales

Merging with original topic. Come on people, this was the third one posted. Please look before you post. :)

its such an awesome game buddy that it needed like three posts, though you beat me to it, but i didnt see at the time because of the hype ;)

I can't figure out how to defeat Discord. :scream:

Really...you just have to mash the Attack button whenever you're near him.

There's no real strategy. He blocks like crazy and is hard to hit without mashing the Attack button. ESPECIALLY when you're Applejack.

Essentially...you just have to ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK when you're near Discord. You can touch him, you just can't get hit by his fireball attack. That's the only way he can damage you.

Yeah, that's the thing. I keep attacking (did for all villains), but I can't figure out how to dodge the fire balls.

Best advice I can give is to stock up on extra lives once you face Discord. If you keep up that strategy, you'll be good.

If you need actually strategic advice, then I can recommend striking him with an Attack, then dashing away and dodging the fireballs. It'll take longer, but it does the trick the same.

Best advice I can give is to stock up on extra lives once you face Discord. If you keep up that strategy, you'll be good.

If you need actually strategic advice, then I can recommend striking him with an Attack, then dashing away and dodging the fireballs. It'll take longer, but it does the trick the same.

You're supposed to avoid his fireballs and then damage him while he jumps over you(Preferably before he lands, although his hitbox is still there for a few frames even when he does). Repeat until you win.

Attacking him repeatedly before that will never work - he constantly blocks until he gets close enough to fire at you.

It's a lot like the Iron Will boss fight actually - he also blocks constantly until he tries to attack you. The difference is that Discord has a much more difficult attack to avoid.

• Like 1

^That about sums it up. It's alot easier to hurt Discord when he's in the air.

I gotta say, it's hardest to beat the game with Applejack. Her Attack is not only inconvenient (You need to ACTUALLY FACE BACKWARDS for it to work properly), but it's also a short range attack. I suggest SERIOUSLY stocking-up lives with Applejack. You'll need them...

I gotta say, it's hardest to beat the game with Applejack. Her Attack is not only inconvenient (You need to ACTUALLY FACE BACKWARDS for it to work properly), but it's also a short range attack. I suggest SERIOUSLY stocking-up lives with Applejack. You'll need them...

Agreed. The ranged attacks were way safer, but the kick and the stare were super powerful comparatively. Fluttershy seemeed to be the easiest, but I also did her last so I'm not sure if it was easiest just due to practice.

You're supposed to avoid his fireballs and then damage him while he jumps over you(Preferably before he lands, although his hitbox is still there for a few frames even when he does). Repeat until you win.

Oh, he jumps over you? I don't think he did with me because I kept hitting him after he shot fireballs, so he didn't have a chance.