New Official Friendship is Magic Comic Series

Excited to hear about this micro series. Not surprised though; with the numbers the first pony issue made, it's not at all surprising that IDW is gonna wanna do more. :)

So looking forward to Rarity's issue. ;)

Also, I expect more side series' and such to be announced. Adventure Time has like four thangs a month, GI Joe and Transformers have more series coming out monthly than you can shake a stick out. I wouldn't be surprised to hear about a third, even fourth comic being released.

Also, I expect more side series' and such to be announced. Adventure Time has like four thangs a month, GI Joe and Transformers have more series coming out monthly than you can shake a stick out. I wouldn't be surprised to hear about a third, even fourth comic being released.

Yep... and knowing me, I won't be able to resist buying any of them... :P

• Like 1

Alright, after slow rolling 9 pages of this I am officially confused. Could I get some clarifications?

If I understand correctly, the first comic series, 6 volumes long, is due out this month. There is also some sort of special covers for these exact comics as well? Then there is an additional series? Is that up for pre-order yet?

To straighten things out:

1. The first MLP comic series, which is an ongoing monthly, will have its first issue released later this month.

2. Whenever a comic book shop ordered a large-enough number of Issue #1 copies to sell, they got a custom cover for their Issue #1 stock. I'm not sure if this will occur for later issues.

3. Apparently, Issue #1 preorders have gone so well that a micro-series (which only has six issues) has been commissioned, the first issue of which comes out next year.

Alright, after slow rolling 9 pages of this I am officially confused. Could I get some clarifications?

If I understand correctly, the first comic series, 6 volumes long, is due out this month. There is also some sort of special covers for these exact comics as well? Then there is an additional series? Is that up for pre-order yet?

We don't know how long the first series will be. It's to be an ongoing monthly comic. A new issue will be released every month until such time as it is cancelled. And since initial numbers are so high, that's not likely to be a concern for a while. :P

As a buying incentive, alternate covers are being issued; the first issue has 19 different covers available, many of which are retailer exclusive.

Now, just announced, is a new six issue mini-series, that will focus in on each one of the mane six individually in its issues. I don't think this is quite up for preorder as it doesn't come until february. The solicitation was just released today.

To straighten things out:

1. The first MLP comic series, which is an ongoing monthly, will have its first issue released later this month.

2. Whenever a comic book shop ordered a large-enough number of Issue #1 copies to sell, they got a custom cover for their Issue #1 stock. I'm not sure if this will occur for later issues.

3. Apparently, Issue #1 preorders have gone so well that a micro-series (which only has six issues) has been commissioned, the first issue of which comes out next year.

Also, judging by the timing and the release of the first in the series, the micro-series has likely been planned and in the works since before the preorders began. It's actually somewhat rare that a franchise has only one comic, so this was to be expected, as will at least the next one to be announced.XD

D'oh.

Oh well. I can probably find a few people who would be interested in the extras. I'm certainly don't care.

Anyone know what the likely MSRP for the individual issues will be?

It's $3.99 per individual issue. :)

I could have bought separate issues, for myself, my sister and the little girl that I watch the show with and still saved 50%? Amusing.

I have an inclination to freeze when faced with an impulse purchase, that forces me to think about things before I dive in. But it takes at least $30 or it doesn't work.

Yep... and knowing me, I won't be able to resist buying any of them... :razz:

Me too. I would love if they make as many different titles as the Adventure Time comic series. Alternative universes with everypony's sex is the opposite! Crossovers with other IWD properties such as Doctor Who, Star Trek, and Transformers! Miniseries dedicated to minor characters like Lyra and Bonbon, Gilda, Octavia, and Steven Magnet! An orgy of increasingly bizarre fandom nods, impossible for television but all too real for print.

Hm, I'm only seeing 18 covers here: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/10/list-of-variant-covers-with-pictures.html, yet 19 are listed... I think I might be missing the 19. MLP: FIM #1 {Secret Mystery Variant}, as far as seeing where I can order all of them. Anyone want a purchasing list based on the EqD post?