Season 3 Information Thread (Spoilers inside)

Today is day 3 with Applejack featuring the song Redneck Woman by Gretchen Wilson.

This was a challenge for me, Applejack being a southern type character needed me to do something (sigh) country music in nature.

The idea here was to use a different music form for each of the characters.

For Twilight Sparkle something light rock is fitting

For Pinkie Pie the hip hop music style is fitting

For Rainbow Dash something hard rock or high tempo

For Rarity something that is sad but romantic in nature

and for Fluttershy something soft and mellow.

So I elected on this song for Applejack, Redneck woman as even though Applejack is not a pure redneck the song does represent her more rough and tumble nature, her simple attitudes towards fashion and her general outlook on things.

I didnt want anything too "twangy" or too old, just a fun sounding country song that I think I did a rather humorous job with.

And it suits Applejack overall, again this is a remake of last years video.

• Like 1

Season 3 episode 4 synopsis.

[colour=#333333]One Bad Apple:[/colour]

[colour=#333333]Air time: [/colour][colour=#333333]10:30-11 a.m (Later than usual for both "Too Many Pinkie Pie's and this one) [/colour]

[colour=#333333]The Cutie Mark Crusaders are crushed when Apple Bloom’s cousin, Babs Seed,[/colour]

[colour=#333333]rejects their invitation to become a fellow Crusader and instead becomes a bully determined to make their lives miserable.[/colour]

[colour=#333333]Arrg, stop stealing episodes from AJ, Applebloom! :roll:[/colour]

[colour=#333333]This must be the "bullying" episode. Wonder why they couldn't just use DT and SS? I guess they wanted to use a blank flank (assuming Babs Seed is one).[/colour]

It seems like part of the plot hinges on it being a blank flank asked to join the crusaders. Its also possible the family element will be important

I thought that was proven to be fake?

I thought so too...

Note my word choice: I said "[colour=#282828]something like that fake amulet". I did not mean to imply that the amulet was not proven fake. Maybe Trixie is going to use something else like that- a crown or something.[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Also, possible Season 4 on the way:[/colour]

http://www.equestria...nfirmation.html

Let's hold off on the S4 hype train until S3 is over, though...

Today is day 4 with Rainbow Dash featuring the song Push it to the Limit by Paul Engemann..

Finding a song for Rainbow Dash was both easy and hard at the same time as most of the songs about speed and power were already used for her such as Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins.

I wanted a similar song to that, something about pushing limits as Rainbow Dash does.

I did not want anything from Rocky, or Karate Kid... Too predictable so I went with something not sports related however something that sounds like it could have been made for a sports movie and so this song came to mind.

Yes Push it to the limit is a song written for a movie about a drug dealing gangster, Scarface.

And yet has nothing to do with that, it sounds like a song you would put in a Rocky movie so thats why I used it here.

Out of the box thinking a little here.

Again a remake of last years vid.

• Like 1

The Pony a day project continues with Rarity

This video is actually NOT a remake for a change but a total redo as I found a new song for Rarity.

The song I chose this round is "Lady" by Styx, last years song "Diamonds are forever" by Shirly Bassey was appropriate at the time but as Rarity has grown on me as a character I gave her a longer song to fill the bill.

This one may be blocked in Germany, I am in the copyright claim rebuttal process.

• Like 1

Today is the final video in the pony a day project.

Today is Fluttershy and her song "Dear Prudence" by the Beatles.

The song was originally about Prudence Farrow sister to actress Mia Farrow

She became an isolated recluse and the song was meant to lure her out so she would not be alone and take her meditations too seriously.

But the song fits Fluttershy so well, with its mellow beat, its sweet lyrics and overall tone.

The lines "The sun is up, the sky is blue, it's beautiful, and so are you" seem to fit Fluttershy so well too.

Again a remake, and the last vid of the project.