Season 3 Information Thread (Spoilers inside)

I WANT HOLIDAY EPISODES! HOOOOLLIDAYYYYSSS!

Oh man, what do we have left to explore?

• I am assuming that the Summer Sun Celebration is parts of Easter (although a hilarious episode with Angel giving out eggs would be brilliant), so we;ll cancel out Easter
  • Hearthswarming eve = Thanksgiving? Or Christmas?
  • Nightmare Night is clearly Halloween
  • Heart and Hooves day is definitely Valentines' day.

St. Patty's day? Green pony beer? Whatever holiday Hearthswarming eve is not supposed to be?

Well so far there's:

• Summer Sun - more like a Summer Solstice (June 20-21 st) The longest day in the year.
  • Probably a Winter's Eve (December 20-21 when the night is the longest)
  • Winter Wrap Up
  • Nightmare Night (Halloween)
  • Hearth's Warming Eve (Christmas)
  • Hearts and Hooves (Vallentine's Day)
  • Family Appreciation Day (Mother's/Father's/ Grandparents Day)
  • Sisterhooves Social
  • Running of the Leaves

Really unless they come up with a strictly pony holiday, then I think everything's coverd except Easter as a general holiday (rather than a national holiday like Memorial Day or Independence Day)

I think the obligatory "holiday" episodes honored the series without being too upfront about it, and offered some original and entertaining stories as a result. How many of us will fire up Hearts and Hooves Day for Valentine's Day from here on? Or make it a tradition to watch Luna Eclipsed during Halloween? I plan to! Winter Wrap Up/Running of the Leaves introduced holidays that honor the seasonal equinoxes, which I think is quite clever and worth celebrating!

I think the obligatory "holiday" episodes honored the series without being too upfront about it, and offered some original and entertaining stories as a result. How many of us will fire up Hearts and Hooves Day for Valentine's Day from here on? Or make it a tradition to watch Luna Eclipsed during Halloween? I plan to! Winter Wrap Up/Running of the Leaves introduced holidays that honor the seasonal equinoxes, which I think is quite clever and worth celebrating!

I agree, having an excuse to watch these episodes on these days is great! I think Hearth's Warming Eve is more like Thanksgiving, since they discover Equestria and settled there like the colonists did back then. But then again, I immediately did think it was a Christmas equivalent when I first saw the title...

I agree, having an excuse to watch these episodes on these days is great! I think Hearth's Warming Eve is more like Thanksgiving, since they discover Equestria and settled there like the colonists did back then. But then again, I immediately did think it was a Christmas equivalent when I first saw the title...

I think the beauty of it is that it manages to celebrate all of those holidays in a way that is important to us, or our own personal perception of it. Not everypony celebrates Christmas or Thanksgiving, but the holiday time has some special meaning that resonates with everypony in some way -- Hearth's Warming in particular did that beautifully.

That COULD be Scootaloo flying, but it could easily be another filly that looks similar.

Why, when every single other of the packages used vector art of the main characters, would they make vector art for a pony we have never seen before?

Yeah... that's pretty terribly hideous. :sniff:

Princess Skyla though? Makes one wonder. Guess Cadance and Shining Armor might have gotten a little busy since the wedding... :blush:

• Like 1

Odd; for someone who's supposed to be a newborn, Princess Skyla's official art makes her look more like a schoolchild than a infant like the Cake twins. Assuming Skyla is Shiny and Cadance's love child*, it would be very perplexing if the Princess shows up like her official art while the Cake twins remain as newborns.

*Har har, it's funny because it's figuratively true.

Yeah... that's pretty terribly hideous. :sniff:

Princess Skyla though? Makes one wonder. Guess Cadance and Shining Armor might have gotten a little busy since the wedding... :blush:

If that kid pops up in season 3, I'm gonna guess that didn't wait till the wedding! :blah:

Odd; for someone who's supposed to be a newborn, Princess Skyla's official art makes her look more like a schoolchild than a infant like the Cake twins. Assuming Skyla is Shiny and Cadance's love child*, it would be very perplexing if the Princess shows up like her official art while the Cake twins remain as newborns.

*Har har, it's funny because it's figuratively true.

I guess Skyla could also possibly be Cadance's little sister.We are probably going to learn more about her family and stuff in all the Crystal Empire stuff. A younger alicorn princess being there is a possibility, I suppose.

Honestly, I wouldn't really mind the whole matter of who exactly Cadence parents are being settled one and for all, as much as it's been joked about since she was introduced. :P

More than half of the episodes of S3 are scored, possibly: http://willheim.devi...-Math-319052184

As for Skyla, I think I'll go with Phil's prediction with her being connected to the Crystal Empire in some way -- though the dialogue on the toy "Mommy, are you a Princess too?" might make her Cadence's. :-o

Or Celestia's. :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o

Either that or the toy is asking whoever's buying it if they're a princess.

(Guess Skyla never seen a brony before)

But I can definitely see this new pony as a sister or daughter.

Now, consider that Skyla may also be a full grown pony like Cadence. Remember how Hasbro made a newborn Pinkie Pie doll as well as Sweetie Belle? So, until I see Sktla in the show, I won't count on her being a foal.