Returning the Manticore adventure

In the Pony Joe thread, I iannounced that my critter wrangler pegasus, Candy Catch-em was going to be taking a manticore she had been nursing back to health back to the wild, via an air yacht she convinced a customer to let her use for the day.

Anypony interested in joining a trip by airship to the Everfree to release a critter the size of a 1979 chevy van? ;-)

Chatted with Dunder and found out more details needed to be posted on the general plot.

Along the way, the airship will be forced down by a wild Everfree storm before the pegasi aboard can deal with it, and the Manticore will get out in an area too dangerous for it.

Manticore Roundup ahoy! :D

Do we have to have been in the other thread you mentioned to join? Willow would love an adventure like that~ And so would I! :D

Not at all, Candy Catch-em only stopped in that thread for breakfast so it's not neccessary to have played there. :)

If you like, you can read it here to get some of the backstory on the manticore before this RP starts. :D

Candy will be retelling it anyway but it would be a handy head start to read. ;-)

I would gladly join with two notes:

1. Swift has very bad experiences with manticores. For that he will accompany the group not for the sake of the creature but to be sure that it will not maul them or something. Especially his pal Dunder.
  2. For this reason I like to play Inspector Javert role. Some clash of beliefs and characters will spice the things for sure!

Sounds like we have a good number of players ready then. Should we decide what everypony's role or reason is for being there before I start the thread?

Candy Catch-em is there of course as the naturalist who talked one of her exotic collector customers into letting her use the sky yacht, and I'll also run the Manticore and various crew.

Putting up posters for helpers and/or volenteers that day is a good idea and I'll include it in the first post. Thanks Dunder. :D

Reasons for being there can include being part of the crew, or as ponies who showed up because of the poster, or bored posh ponies along for the excitement. ;-)

Well... Willow probably would have seen the posters and wanted to help, because he loves excitement, and he likes trying new things. He would think that he could protect others as well, because of his armor and experience and whatnot. But mostly for the excitement.

I was thinking Dunder would be there either after seeing a poster, or seeing Candy put up the posters and they talked. Then he decided that he'd spend some time with his friend and then he gets on the airboat with her... and you know the rest :)

• 2 weeks later...

I guess we can use this topic to discuss some errors.

First off - Swift Squall certainly isn't a pegasus.

Second - he's Sunglasses at Night pony. Any attempts to describe his eye's can't be possible for shades obscure them completely.

Huh? Hmm... I thought you were talking about him flying, so I assumed he was a pegasus. Sorry about that. Ignore any errors, It happens to the best of us. And I wasn't describing Swift's eyes, I was describing Willow's.

I fixed the errors, so it should be better now. :)