Mareabian OOC.

I like that idea! Adds something unique to the Mareabian! I encourage everyone to come up with something! Even if your not going to be joining the RP!(Though I would recommend you do,obviously. I have some big plans!)

Heck, just to help you guys feel comfortable, I will give the Bio of one of the Mareabian's most beloved animals!

Name: The Giant Fungi Snail.

Color: usually yellow, but can come in many others depending on their diet.

Diet: Mostly plants and fruit. They are strict Herbivores.

Height: Around the size of a large dog, though the oldest have been known to reach the size of houses.

Appearance: http://dfwiki.com/images/thumb/0/0c/Snailmail.PNG/230px-Snailmail.PNG

Nature: The Giant Fungi Snail is the Gentle Giant of the Mareabian and are often seen minding their own busniess and feeding in the swamps. They have only been known to attack in self-defense, and are surprisingly vicious.

Possible uses: The Mushroons that grow on their back make fantastic ingredients for the world famous Mareabian style Healing Potion, which while not as strong as the Zebra version, is cheaper to make and to get ahold on, allowing for a better end profit.

Current status: The Giant Fungi Slug is doing perfectly fine, in fact their population has changed dramaticaly in 300 years!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I came up with names! Individual trees are named after the islands they are on, for example, the one on the Vada is 'Tree of Vada', etc. When speaking in general, the locals would call them Mezi's Trees, and scientifically, they would Turritopsis Arborus (I'm guessing it means 'immortal tree' but I'm not certain), which I'm only saying the scientific name because that's the only name Pawn would call them XD

If you have any better name suggestions, feel free to share them.

Right. So I vanish for a few days, and suddenly we have another side rp? Cool! Watcher will totally hate this. The patriotic stallion has terrible memories of this place. Although he is mellower as this is the future. Clear Skies will have heard both Watchers shock stories and Gumbo/Mojo's tales of their culture. He loves adventure, but has never been on one, so this is perfect for him. Yeah, I'm up for this. Can I post in the rp now?

Species name: Canis Mareabius, The Mareabian Dog

Color: Coat color may vary, often grey

Diet: Omnivorous

Height: Large dog, about 3 feet high at top of head

Appearance: Looks like a wild dog

Nature: Typically a pack animal, this creature will fight to protect its pack, but rarely for selfish reasons. Living in the Mareabian, this creature has developed an advanced brain, often found with thoughts on a level similar to the average pony. Also has some telepathic powers, in that they can bond with one master (Though there are rumors of a few, hyper-intelligent ones, bonding with two masters, though this is unconfirmed). When bonded, the two can speak telepathically to each other, giving the pony a chance to understand the dog.

Possible Uses: When not used as a pet, they are often found being used as guard animals.

Current Status: Available for adoption, but must be adopted at a young age.

So, what do you think? Neigh, or Flutteryay?

FLUTTERYAY!

Oh, and Cainam, Pawn is a HUGE suck up to Watcher, since Watcher was a royal guard, and that's Pawn's dream proffesion. So Pawn bugs him a lot. Just thought I'd mention that.

I came up with a villain! First, I have a concept, which continues with the Mezi Tree's.

Each tree has an entrance, where you can go through caves, and where different animals live. If you take all of the correct passages, and you don't die on the way, you make it to the center of the tree. In the center is where the water for the tree is collected, but it's also been enfused with the magic that keeps the tree alive. If you drink from it, it gives you immortality, or at least, you stay young and can't be cut, so they can only die from an extremely strong blow, or being crushed. It also makes them much more magical, even for non-unicorns. So, as for the villain...

She takes the appearance of a pegasus pony from Equestria, but she is much more than that. She is a Veela, so she has the ability to seduce any man at will, and can use certain magics. She came to the Mareibean to get the powers from the tree, which she does successfully, after seducing some ponies who were in the tree, into giving her food and supplies (those ponies COULD be on of us, who wanted to see the inside of the tree). However, she get's mad with power once she gain it, and starts attacking everypony and every living creature, and she has the potential to wipe out the entire Mareibean, so she has to be defeated before everypony dies.

There's also the potential for us to go after Murkwing's crew, and any other terrorists around as well, but THIS IS MY UNDEFEATABLE VILLAIN!

Actually, I might make her good up until becoming completely immortal. You know, you randomly find her outside the town, then she joins a group, and they get to the center of the tree, and she goes nuts with power.

Yeah, the guardian sounds awesome! I might just make her a character that joins a group, I suddenly don't want her to be evil. She'd mostly be comic relief, but I still want to keep her :)

I'll put her in after the angry mob. Oh, and Pawn would have A LOT to say to that net-cutiemark-pony, but that would just cause the angry mob, and he's busy being mad at Easy for telling him to calm down.

Here's an Idea for a species;

Species name: Geo Crocodylidae; Rock Crocs

Color: Range between dark Grey and light brown

Diet: Carnivorous

Length: 6-16ft

Appearance: Incredibly large Crocodile with scales tougher than most stones. Soft underbellies

Nature: These Large lizards spend most of their days blending into whatever stony environment they can find. Surprisingly good swimmers despite their weight, Rock Crocs are lethal in water. They are slow on land but have been known to attack stray travellers with their large mouths and sharp teeth.

Hm? Ah...Grey actually did that? Well I'll be a Pegasi fried in KFC...

Well, seeing Grey and Pesto HAS brought up the idea of Easy finding somepony, but it was just a passing word between me and Grey over Skype. That sucker gets around fast....

But yes, he is. Why? Do you know somepony who is open? :shifty:

Names Black Light, she's a hyperactive and yet lazyslashlaidback pegasus (with a habit of experimenting with mane & pelt dye) who loves neon lights, parties, sleeping and relaxing.. kinda slow on the uptake sometimes, a bit of a dreamer, she has a pet hummingbird who she always ends up losing.. And yehh, I'm too sleepy to type more..

Dunno why she's ended up on the islands, but I'm sure i'll think of something Dx

Alright! I came up with everything for my new pony-thing!

Name: Foxglove

Species: Pegasus Veela

Cutie Mark: Purple foxglove

Appearance: Pink coat, pinkish-purple mane, very curly

Story: Foxglove, since she learned to use her powers to seduce any stallion, has become a nutorious thief, seducing stallions into giving her expensive items and food. She was born and raised in the Mareibean, and is currently traveling through different islands. She is currently in the Vada. When it's needed, she can be a fast flyer, and enjoys the company of fun ponies. She has mastered her veela powers, and uses them at will, and can even use them on a specific pony rather than everypony as a group.

Anyways, I'll make her join when I feel it's right.

Well, she certainly sounds interesting. The group's predominantly male at the moment. I'd imagine her only real threat is Mojo. Although you refer to her as both Foxglove and Fairy Bells. I'm imagining it's Foxglove though. Also what exactly is a Veela?

You know Gumbo or Mojo may recongnise what she is...right? Well...maybe not...

Anyway, you ready for a sentient creature?

Name: Swamp Ent.

Color: Well, they are trees.

Diet: They don't eat.

Length: 10-20 feet tall at least.

Appearance: They appear as simply really tall Willow trees, despite the wooden arms and legs. Oh, and the face at the top of the trunk, making the leaves look like hair.

Yeah...regular trees...

Nature: Ents are some of the wisest non-spirits in Mareabian and are only found on Vada and Menzi's Meadow. They are known to simply sleep peacefully in the deepest and most sacred swamps, though they are sometimes found outside towns, observing the population and learning about their mortal neighbors. Their true purpose is ill-understood, some say their purpose is only truly known by Menzi herself....

They do not tend to stay in groups, you will be lucky if you see even two in the same Bog. They are quite friendly to all mortals, seeing them as little siblings that need to be taught, though they will do what they must to defend nature.

Intelligence: Extremely high.

Battle skills: While they aren't really into fighting, they are more then capable of defending nature.

Weakness: Fire.

Rarity: Quite Rare.

Current Status: Unknown.

Picture? Why not.

http://pooryorickda.deviantart.com/gallery/37506217#/d54hqpf

Just look at the Everfree Ent and use your imagination.