I'm sort of new and have some questions

kirby163

Hello kind-brony-folk.

I was wondering if there are any background ponies that don't have names or personnalities yet. I'd like to try roleplaying, but I'm no artist, so I'd like to "adopt" some existing ponies. A mare and a filly would be ideal.

Please let me know.

Hello kind-brony-folk.

I was wondering if there are any background ponies that don't have names or personnalities yet. I'd like to try roleplaying, but I'm no artist, so I'd like to "adopt" some existing ponies. A mare and a filly would be ideal.

Please let me know.

Heh. Well, to be honest, you do not need to be an artist to come up with an original character here. A picture is not a requirement on our character applications and if you feel you absolutely need a visual representation of your OC pony, you can always turn to General Zoi's Pony creator.

That said, we do also allow people to app for background ponies if they wish to. You don't even have to use their fan-names if you want to give them other names, and personality is entirely free. Just look at the cast list in the application section to see a list of background ponies (listed as tier 3 characters) that are already being played; you can pick any pony not on that list.

• Like 1

I'd like to do this also kind sir!I started a search on Google Images by typing MLP Background Ponies.I think I found a chart.Plus most of the background ponies are fan named!Oh and hope you have fun here on canterlot.

Thank you very much (^v^)

I did a search and found a list, and I like these two. Is anyone using them?

Sweet_Pop.png150px-S02E18_UEM7.png

Sweet Pop and Berry Frost (I might change that names though~)

Edit: Oh! Thank you Phil! I shall do that right now!

There's also the fact that we do have a pretty good sized artistic community. If you've got the look of the OC(s) in mind and can put a detailed description to words, I'm sure someone over in http://www.canterlot.com/forum/249-request-area/ would be more than willing to lend you a hand at some point.

But like Phil said, an image isn't required for an RP application (though it can help).

There's also the fact that we do have a pretty good sized artistic community. If you've got the look of the OC(s) in mind and can put a detailed description to words, I'm sure someone over in http://www.canterlot...9-request-area/ would be more than willing to lend you a hand at some point.

But like Phil said, an image isn't required for an RP application (though it can help).

I didn't really have a look in mind~ But thank you for the recommendation.

Hello kind-brony-folk.

Please let me know.

There is a Cast List over here with all of the taken Cast characters on the board. There is also a list of background ponies. Any ponies not listed on the Cast List here belong in Tier 3. If they aren't listed in any of the tiers, they aren't taken. You're welcome to use the Application Form to apply for a Cast character.