Hello Everypony!

AceOfSpades1309

About Myself: I'm an aspiring actor, director, writer, etc. Pretty much, I'm a story teller and I want to make it my career.

How I found Canterlot.com: Celestia Radio

How I became a fan of MLP:FiM: It's a long and complicated story. Let's just say it involves two sci-fi franchices and ThatGuyWithTheGlasses.com.

My favourite main cast pony/s: AppleJack,Rainbow Dash
Hello everypony! I'm AceOfSpades1309 and I love MLP FiM! I am currently working on multiple projects for the fan base, including a fanfic and an audio drama series. I hope to make friends very soon. This is AceOfSpades1309, signing off.

Sorry that it's been a while since I respond to anypony, busy in rl. Anyhoof...

@starswirlthebearded

Yes with CR, but no, not Star Wars or Star Trek. Actually it was Doctor Who and Mass Effect. It also has to do with my PS3, Netflix, an audio drama series on YouTube based on Doctor Whooves, and something soul crushing. I do wish to tell my brony story, but I want to record it and put it on YouTube, that way I don't have to keep typing it.

@Kryptchild

Actually, there have been quite a few audio dramas popping up on YouTube lately, there are actually two about Doctor Whooves. One with Derpy as a companion, and the other with Twilight.

@SonicRainb00m

Of course, I'll be posting my stuff here in the creative section when I get the chance. Would love any kind of advice you can give.

@Rosewind

Eeyup. It's based off a fanfiction about Applejack. It's called Scorched, and it's by Kody910. Here's the link to it:

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/17806/Scorched

I'm actually need voice actors for the series, however, I'll be making a thread about it later in the creative section.

And to every other pony who welcomed me, thank you very much.

@TheInvisiblePony

Aww, thanks for the Derpy. *Gives Hug*

@starswirlthebearded

It's a tie between David Tennant and Matt Smith. Although, I have yet to watch the classic Doctor Who series. I'm the kind of guy who has to see things from the beginning to the end, so I've been downloading the First Doctor's adventures and will start watching them soon.

Also, I've finally put up my fanfiction here on the site. Here's a link to it. I hope everypony enjoys it.

http://www.canterlot...-trotting-back/

If you're a Dr Who fan, I have a very revealing question to ask you; who is the better showrunner? RTD or the Moff?

Oh, and welcome to Canterlot! I shall have to check out your audio drama when I get the chance,1 as I'm a big sucker for anything like that.2

--------

1 It's been added to my list...

2 I was brought up on BBC Radio 4, and mainly regard TV as a nuisance.3

3 Apart from MLP of course.

@BrainedBySaucepans

Moffet. I mean, RTD was good at writing for the Doctor, but he never tried to make up his own enemies for the Doctor. The Daleks, the Cybermen, The Master, Darvos; they're great, but Steven Moffet has made equally great villians. The Weeping Angels, The Silence, and the Vashta Nerada. Which, and I mean no offence to the Daleks or the Cybermen, are much more frightening.

@BrainedBySaucepans

Moffet. I mean, RTD was good at writing for the Doctor, but he never tried to make up his own enemies for the Doctor. The Daleks, the Cybermen, The Master, Darvos; they're great, but Steven Moffet has made equally great villians. The Weeping Angels, The Silence, and the Vashta Nerada. Which, and I mean no offence to the Daleks or the Cybermen, are much more frightening.

I agree that Moffat's a better writer, especially when it came to inventing new villains,1 but I don't like how the show developed when he took the reins.2

--------

1 Although I get the impression he didn't really understand what made his villains actually effective. Look at what he did with the angels when he took over. I've seen all the fan justifications out there, but at the end of the day, you shouldn't see the angels moving.

2 Me and a friend actually bumped into him at a sci-fi convention.3 We were both rather drunk, so decided we'd take him aside and explain in detail everything we thought he was doing wrong. Ah, precious memories. I'll never forget the look on his face when I repeatedly told him "You know what your problem is? It's that you don't know what your problem is. Well me and Alan her can help you with that; you see we've worked out that you don't actually understand yourself, so everytime you try to work with yourself, you just balls everything up!"

3 It was a truly epic convention, I got free tickets because a friend won them in a competition, but found out at the last minute that she couldn't go. To make it up to her, I got George Takei to record a video message for her, saying how sorry he was she couldn't make it :D Then I went browsing the stalls, and had found a particularly interesting steampunk retailer when I looked up and realised that Terry Pratchett was standing right next to me. To cap it all off, Craig Charles was DJing at the evening get together, and the man has talent.4

4 He played a lot of funk music, which isn't normally my thing, but I got really into it, especially when he put on a funk cover of Killing in the Name of.

It just that he seems to go for style over substance.1 Just my personal opinion.

--------

1 I think he gets too much credit for his villain creation too. For example, while he was credited as writer for the episode that introduced the Angels, his main contribution to that episode was the overall story structure, and from what I gather, the Angels were added by another writer in the final stages of writing to provide a villain that wouldn't be too VFX intensive.