The Airship Crash[Open]

Chapien

Dunder could tell that this blonde unicorn was pretty angry. Dunder hoped that he'd calm down or else he'd have to smack this pony around a couple times. Then again, this pony was pretty useful. At least seemed useful. And had a better grasp on what was going on than Dunder.

When Dunder got his order, he gave the other pony a stern look. "Alright." He said before flaring his wings and started to hover. He didn't really know where he was going, but time wasn't a luxury the ponies had right now. He took off, flying back to the wreckage. The cold air didn't make him want to fly for long in fear that he could cramp up and get hurt even more. Or worse, not be able to help out these twins. After a bit of flying around the wreckage, he could see what he thought he was looking for.

Dunder dived down to the charcoal grey unicorn stallion standing over a similar colored mare. These HAD to be the twins. The pegasus pulled up, pulled his wings close and landed heavily on the ground next to the two ponies. The sight of the mare made his heart skip a beat. She looked as if she was lost by the blood, but no way was Dunder at least not going to try. He trotted over slowly. What were his orders again? Dunder couldn't remember, but it looked as if there wasn't too much he could do... maybe watch over her. He looked up at the unicorn stallion, "Go, help the unicorns hold up the wreckage." Dunder said and swallowed, "I'll watch her..." Dunder said softly.

He laid his saddlebags down on the ground and started to rummage through them. Nothing much could really help with the bleeding, all he found was an old kerchief, crumpled at the bottom of the saddlebag. He quickly bundled it up and pressed it onto the mare's head wounds in hope to help stop some bleeding.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(OOC: Sorry for such a small post given such a long absence. I wasn't quite sure where to go with her current situation)

Rabble continued to find herself worrying frantically about the future but she had to stay strong and she knew that. Now wasn't the time for a mental breakdown. There wasn't much she could do given her state but watch. She felt incredibly helpless and somewhat embarrassed by that fact. Every pony else seemed so helpful and it was as if they all suddenly had a new job to do whilst she lay there simply recuperating. A slight smile crept across her still pain stricken face. Rabble could see that every pony seemed to have made it out safely and those that remained we're seconds away from escaping themselves.

For such a traumatic and hectic experience, everything seemed to move so slow. She wasn't sure if that was just how such a thing would happen or that she was struggling to comprehend the sheer magnitude of what was happening around her with her new found head injuries. Even though it was all so doom and gloom she turned to a nearby pony and simply said: "...Remind me not to get anymore piercings eh." Her smile was still present and somewhat emphasized by her pained chuckle following her statement.

Percival took a few seconds to survey his surroundings. He was waiting rather impatiently for the brown pegasus, to return with the injured twin. The airship looked like it was about to fall any second now. Percy was certain that he told the pegasus to bring the injured mare back out in the open, so he could treat her. What was taking him so long! Suddenly, an all-to-familiar cry broke the silence.

"Hey, my wing is broken! If one of you ponies who knows what they're doing would come look at it, that would be just fantastic,"

Percy facehoofed. To think that it would take an entire airship crash, to knock that appalling attitude of hers! Nonetheless, he had to help this pony.

"Clearly it ain't bloody well broke'n enough!" He murmured under his breath. He trotted over to the lavender mare. He arrived at an abrupt halt, then stopped to check the pegasus's wing. At first, the wing just looked like it was badly sprained, or twisted. But as he surveyed the wing even more, he discovered that the mare's phalanges were slightly fractured. It was broken, but barely.

The airship gave yet another dreadful lurch. Percival simply could not wait anymore. "I apologize miss, this is important, right, I will be hammer and tack for yer' soon!"

He ran, full speed to the Airship wreckage. By the time he got there, he was teeming with frustration. He frantically searched for the Pegasus and the two injured twins. Then Percy found him. The brown pegasus was inside the wreckage, pressing a old handkerchief against the wound.

Percy bit his lip in sheer rage. Not only did this stallion disobey his instructions, but he was applying a non-disinfected handkerchief to an open wound as well! An open infection in the middle of the wilderness, spells certain death.

Percival abruptly shoved the brown pegasus to the side with his magic. Then he gently lifted the injured twin's body out into the open. Percy was slightly unprepared for the sudden weight, he grunted slightly as he levitated the mare out into the open, resting her gently on the ground.

Percy turned to Dunder. It was taking an enormous amount of self-control, not to blast this incompetent pony straight into Tartarus.

"Wot in blazes, does 'Pull the injured one into the bloomin' open' means ter yer, mate!"

ValenOrange1withtext.png

Valen shook his head, relieved that the unicorn was fit enough to not need any further assistance. Around him, others barked back and forth regarding injuries and their commands that weren't heeded and he was useless in such a maze of voices. He had neither the strength of voice, hoof, or character to be of any aid in the greater picture at this juncture. All he could do was worry about one, and that one was Sparks and thank Celestia he was fine enough to not require attention any further. But that didn't stop Valen from interacting with him as opposed to worrying about anything else, however; it was a good excuse to not do anything else while appearing to care deeply. Considering how shaken he was and how Valen was still suffering from the aftershocks of, well, shock, it didn't strike him as uncouth to feel somewhat relaxed at the thought of laying down and resting for the next ten years.

"That's good to hear, v-very nice, yes," Valen blubbered out, his adrenaline starting to keel down a peg or four. The other colt's accent was unusual, though something not entirely unknown to Valen. He had been bored to tears by his parents' constant business meetings, but he wasn't so out of it that he couldn't pick up on things that interested him. Accents, languages, these things held some interest to him. Stalliongrad native, Valen supposed, on his way home. The trip had taken a sour detour, Valen thought solemnly.

"The name's Valen Orange, of the Oranges. A pleasure to meet you, Mr. Sparks, though I c-can't say I don't wish it was under different conditions," Valen added meekly, sitting down on his flank. It was just as well, as his back legs had started to feel like jelly. He took a deep breath, fighting down the summoning bundle of nerves that hammered away at his head like the alarm bells of a panic attack.

"Where were you when it happened?"

Sparks glanced at Valen, a bit of worry in his eyes. The younger colt seemed to be rather shaken up, though, fortunately, relatively unharmed. "I was near the middle of the airship. Honestly, I'm a bit surprised it crashed at all. Most of the parts in this thing were NSI made and... well, I generally expect better from such 'high quality' equipment," he said with a slight chuckle obviously saying 'high quality' with a trace amount of sarcasm.

"It's a pleasure to meet you as well, Valen," Sparks continued, "May I ask why you were heading to Stalliongrad? It is a bit of an odd place for a young rebenok such as yourself to be traveling to such a place." He continued to talk, figuring that conversation could perhaps calm the young foal down at least a bit. "I myself am from Stalliongrad, where, until recently, I had spent my entire life. I work at Northern Storm Industries as an engineer, and am currently living in Manehatten for my work. I am simply visiting my home."

"And what about yourself?"

((OOC: going to post now, but please note what I said in the OOC thread, TemplarFrost))

Serendipity sat there waiting for somepony to answer her call. For some stupid reason, nopony came immediately though. It was like they didn't realize what an amazing asset she was. She gave an impatient sigh and then winced as the overwhelming pain in her wing came back to her. Ugh, this sucked! No matter how awesome Stalliongrad was or wasn't nothing would be worth this!

Eventualy, somepony did come to her. Unfortunately, it was Mr. Soldier from before. She rolled her eyes as she overheard his murmured snarky comments. There was nothing she hated more than ponies with attitude problems! If she wasn't in writing pain and in need of assistance she would have had some choice words for him. As it were, he looked at her wing momentarily, but probably not long enough to accurately asses the damage. He at least didn't seem compelled by it, as he turned back from her almost immediately to rush off and try and be the hero elsewhere.

[colour=#000033]"Sure, don't help me, that's fine too," [/colour]she said, rolling her eyes and then whispering some of the fouler curses she could think of under her breath.

Mr. Soldier gone for the moment, she gave a sharp whimper from the pain. Clenching her teeth, she tried to focus on everything else, but that was becoming increasingly difficult. She was starting to go faint again, which was kind of scary. For all that was said and all that wasn't and all the effort she put into keeping her face as chill as usual, she really did hopes somepony would take the time to help her.

• 3 weeks later...

Dunder was breathing heavily as pain in his head began to return. The throbbing and dull pain feeling like a slap across the head each time it passed. He wanted to lie down, but he was too able bodied to just have somepony else take care of him. And he was definately too able bodied to not help.

Or maybe he was doing the opposite of what he was supposed to. The return of the yellow unicorn made him want to faceplant. He forgot about the unicorn's instructions! He would have protested and explained himself, but the unicorn was already carrying out the mare with his magic. The pegasus couldn't do anything except lower his head in embarassment. He couldn't beleive himself, how he just didn't help the pony like he was supposed to. He knew he'd have a chance to redeem himself in the future. Now he would just have to hope this unicorn went on his way...

Nope, the unicorn decided that it would be approprite to just get mad. With good reason too, making it worse for Dunder. The pegasus gave the unicorn a glare, he head low. The venom in the unicorn's voice along with the anger of having the failure rubbed in made Dunder's heart swell with rage. "Go back to the other ponies!" He said, "Go! Before I bust your teeth in!" He threatened. He didn't want to fight, in fact Dunder wouldn't fight back. He wanted this unicorn to leave him alone.

The brown pegasus responded with nothing more than with a weak threat.

[colour=#8b4513]“Go back to the other ponies, Go! Before I bust your teeth in!”[/colour]

Percy was in sheer disbelief at that threat, this pony was in no right to speak to him this way, who did he think he was? Even yet, why was he so angry? It was his own bloody fault. Unfortunately, as good as an invitation to deliver an arse-whooping sounds, he had to repress the urge. The last thing he needed was a court-martial! Percy countered the petty bluff.

[colour=#daa520]“Yor in no position t’ make threats, mate!”[/colour] He replied, slightly chuckling.

With that, Percy hopped out into the open to tend to the pony, that this pegasus did a wonderful job of taking care of himself. He dismissed the the curious onlookers aside as he approached the poor mare. He neared the pony, with dead silence. The red unicorn was strewn on the dirt like a crippled foal. She was severely hemorrhaging her head wound, and a small stream of crimson tears were ebbing from her nose and left eye. Her chest movements were small, almost non-existent.

[colour=#daa520]“Hyphema n’ a bloody case o’ severe ‘ed trauma, right.”[/colour] Percy muttered as he got to work.

He slowly kneeled over the unicorns muzzle to check breathing. Nothing. Percy’s heart raced furiously, could this pony be- He breathed his own sigh of relief when he finally heard her breath for the first time. With a flash of golden light, Percy switched on his x-ray spell to further examine the pony. Although her skull was not fractured, she was still bleeding from a nasty cut on her head. This wound was far too serious to be treated with mere rags, he was going to need proper gauze to treat this pony properly, a medical kit. He knows exactly where that might be.

In the back of the Airship.

Percy jolted to his feet, and ran back towards the Airship, effortlessly climbing inside. He asked one more favour from the brown pegasus before heading any further.

[colour=#daa520]“Oi! Right, wotch this pony wile i’m gone!”[/colour]

Percy slowly climbed inside the cabin, and looked up. The entire airship was lopsided, so the cockpit was the new floor. The once-safe isle now served as a cruel slide to certain death. On the other hand, as Percy looked up, he saw a reliving red cross on a steel hatch. A medical kit. Percy breathed a long sigh of relief, before climbing the dreadful climb. Hoof by hoof, he inched slowly to the back (or top) of the cabin. It’s times like these where Percy wished he could self-levitate, or maybe even teleport!

He halted his progress at a window, to catch his breath. This was tiring! Perhaps he should call the brown pegasus for help... Percy quickly ejected that thought from his head.

[colour=#daa520]Fat chance! There is no bloomin’ way i’m gonna ask that brown bafoon for e’-[/colour]

His train of thought was quickly interrupted by the piercing shrill of screeching metal. The entire Airship lurched once more, nearly sending the white unicorn into the bed of broken glass below. The sudden calamity also sent a luggage bag plummeting towards him. In a sudden panic, he forced out his magic onto the falling object, blasting the object into pieces. Percy was showered with fragments of luggage. This was going to take a while.

[colour=#000000][/colour][colour=#ff0000][/colour][colour=#000000][/colour]

Percy a final groan as he hoisted himself to the top, he made it! He hastily swung open the metal hatch, and levitated the medical kit to his eyes. It brandished a scarlet cross, on a placid white cover. Percy struggled to open the kit. The clamp was aged, and proved difficult to open. But with a last effort, it swung open, yielding it’s contents inside. Containing the usual... Scissors, cotton swab, gauze dressings, bandages, gloves, masks, medical alcohol, ect. But there was a few items that stood out the most. In the upper-right hand corner of the container, there was four test-tubes of colored liquid. Two being red, and the other two being blue. Slightly confused, Percy examined the tube holding blue liquid. There was text printed on the side of the test-tube.

Epinephrine Magika

Then it suddenly clicked. This was a Mana potion! The other red must be health. This was essential for the health of his patients. The white unicorn was thrilled, but was faced with one more problem, getting back down.

Percy slung the medical kit on his back, with the help of a convenient back-strap. He focused his magic on his hooves, and began his descent. Carefully, he navigated down the cabin, and lightly placed his forehooves on the exit of the airship. Then Percy hoisted himself back onto the open. He breathed a huge sigh of relief, this pony was finally going to get the care she needed, with proper equipment. Not wasting anymore time, he ran towards the injured mare, and dismissed the curious crowd once more. Including the brown pegasus that was watching her.

[colour=#daa520]“Eh’, thanks for yor ‘elp mate.”[/colour] Percy called out to him, not sure if he even did anything.

He returned his focus back to treating the Mare. He started by cleaning up her face and head with a moist-towelette. Getting rid of all the excess blood that might tamper with the procedure. Then he placed a small rag over the mare’s eyes, then levitated a small bottle of disinfectant alcohol his side.

[colour=#daa520]“Oh, yor’ gonna luv’ this”[/colour] He muttered under his breath.

He opened the bottle, dabbed it on some gauze dressings, and then lowered it towards the mare’s forehead.

[colour=#daa520]“Please don’t scream”

“Please don’t scream”

“Please don’t scream”[/colour]

He pressed the gauze onto the mare’s wounds. She let out an ear-splitting cry, that jolted her to full consciousness.

[colour=#daa520]“Bollocks!”[/colour]