Your Favourite Fanfics?

BaconofChaos

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simply Rarity Was pretty good. First one I have read in a week or so and I will admit that I shed a manly tear or two.

I don't normally read sad-fics. I like ponies because they make me happy. Still, I gave this a shot. It was a good read, the journal style was interesting.

Cupcakes. That will be all.

Blarg. What is it with people and that fic? I read a short paragraph on Know Your Meme and it made me feel queesy. And it wasn't even a gory bit!

btw and then she exploded twice is hooves down the most hilarious thing ever

Might give this one a try, it sounds like it might be fun.

BA? Also I just plain haven't gotten around to this. Probably never will. I have a huge backlog of fics I need to read. I still can't bring myself to read the next chapter of Paradise even though I want to.

I had thought my favorite fanfiction was going to be abandoned unfinished until today and holy crap it actually updated. I haven't read the latest installment yet, but the first is amazing. Also a very, very long read. Beautifully written, and my favorite depiction of the sisters.

Luna's Goodwill Tour

I also love Bubbles.

I recently started reading some of the fan-fics, these so far are my favorites and the ones I keep coming back to in hopes of updates.

How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bon Bon

In Her Majesty's Royal Service

Luna's Goodwill Tour

Mort Takes a Holiday

Progress

Trouble Comes in Threes

Vengeance and Fashion

Some are better written than others, but I find them enjoyable none the less. I figure that unless I write a fan-fic, then I have no right to criticize their work... Well, not criticize TOO harshly that is.

If you can find the common theme in these fan-fics, then you deserve a cookie. If you can figure out what kind of fan-fic I'll probably end up writing, so that I can then properly criticize them, you get a brownie.

*Promise of cookies and brownies are none redeemable at the discretion of, well, me. So just picture them in your noggins and be content.*

I recently started reading some of the fan-fics, these so far are my favorites and the ones I keep coming back to in hopes of updates.

How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bon Bon

In Her Majesty's Royal Service

Luna's Goodwill Tour

Mort Takes a Holiday

Progress

Trouble Comes in Threes

Vengeance and Fashion

Some are better written than others, but I find them enjoyable none the less. I figure that unless I write a fan-fic, then I have no right to criticize their work... Well, not criticize TOO harshly that is.

If you can find the common theme in these fan-fics, then you deserve a cookie. If you can figure out what kind of fan-fic I'll probably end up writing, so that I can then properly criticize them, you get a brownie.

*Promise of cookies and brownies are none redeemable at the discretion of, well, me. So just picture them in your noggins and be content.*

Common theme, you say? Ponies. :blah:

And I bet you will write a fanfic about ponies.

I have something to say here. If anyone ever tells you to read Cutie Mark Crusaders Film Critics... I don't think most ponies would like it. I got over it, but most ponies don't like it.

And now you're all gonna google it aren't you? Oops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations! I would have also accepted "comedy" as your response. Feel free to imagine yourself some cookies and brownies at your own leisure. Also, make sure to imagine enough for everypony.

You gotta share, you gotta care :smirk:

Also, has somepony read any of the Dr. Whooves ones? I am curious to read them but my love of Dr. Who and my love of MLP makes me skeptical. Odd I know, but I look at them and think "Hmm, can two incredibly awesome things create something super epic, or will they repel like two magnets with their equal polarities being forced against each other?"

Other than that, there's Out in the cold and the bunch of side stories it spawned, and Ah ain't got no ack-cent! which is very well written too.

Ah Ain't Got No Ack-Cent was pretty good. Out in the Cold, I did read it and its spin-offs. It was too WTFish for me. That and the way that Midnight was... "created" was very disturbing to say the least.

Congratulations! I would have also accepted "comedy" as your response. Feel free to imagine yourself some cookies and brownies at your own leisure. Also, make sure to imagine enough for everypony.

You gotta share, you gotta care :smirk:

Also, has somepony read any of the Dr. Whooves ones? I am curious to read them but my love of Dr. Who and my love of MLP makes me skeptical. Odd I know, but I look at them and think "Hmm, can two incredibly awesome things create something super epic, or will they repel like two magnets with their equal polarities being forced against each other?"

Well I read Poisoned Sugar which was kinda cool. Works well for the most part. I've also been meaning to read Bright New Days for a while now, since I hear it's pretty good and it's by the same guy who did Misted Stage.

• 2 weeks later...

Phew, I've been meaning to post this for a while now, since it already convinced me of it's quality some time ago, but I have a rule about posting fanfics that aren't complete...

But crisis averted, this one's finished: It's Dangerous Business, Going Out Your Door!

Really well written fic, the chapters are long, but keep you intrigued for more. The scale of adventure is great. There is also a good focus on under-used ponies Rarity and Applejack (Rainbow Dash too, but at least she's not being shipped for the 9001th time).

The fic is clearly inspired by Lord of the Rings, although it should be noted that for the most part there are no wars or fighting with the exception of a few chapters, so don't think about action in that sense.

Focus between the relation of the 3 ponies is well-done as well, as it can be read that the 3 of them get progressively closer as the adventure goes on.

Overall an excellent 19 chapters to read. Again, chapters are long but full of tidbits. I recommend reading 1-2 a day for a good pace, otherwise you might end up feeling like skipping too much.

I'm hearing a lot of good things about Fallout Equestria and it looks like there's a lot of fanart going around too. Here's a question then: Do I need to have played the Fallout games to read this fic? I've never played any of them and don't even know what they are about ^^:

Dangerous Business... I'm thinking about it, but the huge number of chapters is a bit daunting.

I'm actually reading The Party Never Ended now. I don't usually go for the regular ship-fics but this one was by Buttersc0tch Sundae and some of her other fics were, uh... relative to my interests... :blush: That said, she's also written a couple of more... creepy fics too :)

I've also been meaning to read Bright New Days for a while now, since I hear it's pretty good and it's by the same guy who did Misted Stage.

Well, I read it. It's... eh. It's short, kinda weird, makes sense for a Doctor Who story, I guess, and is filled with references to other fandom stuff. Frankly, I'd give it a miss.

I'm hearing a lot of good things about Fallout Equestria and it looks like there's a lot of fanart going around too. Here's a question then: Do I need to have played the Fallout games to read this fic? I've never played any of them and don't even know what they are about ^^:

Dangerous Business... I'm thinking about it, but the huge number of chapters is a bit daunting.

Imo you dont need to know Fallout at all - it will be easier to know Fallout but this is not important (But it is only my opinion :)).

Dont get afraid cause of so many chapters - it is very, very good.

Erm... Perhaps too many to list? Go to EqD, choose Shipping category, read pretty much anything between the Mane 6, and I've already read and enjoyed it.

I could list them all, but... There's about 100 or so, and we don't have the time or space for that :D

HAPPY BRONY DAY EVERYPONY!

Yeah. I love shipping fics between the Mane 6 too (which is why I write them). I don't typically remember names of individual fanfics I've read though.

Oh, and Cupcakes is kind of fun whenever I want to torture myself.

Erm... Perhaps too many to list? Go to EqD, choose Shipping category, read pretty much anything between the Mane 6, and I've already read and enjoyed it.

I could list them all, but... There's about 100 or so, and we don't have the time or space for that :lol:

HAPPY BRONY DAY EVERYPONY!

Oooh! I LOVE shipping fics! :D I wander, do you know of any good ones between Rarity and Rainbow Dash? Somehow I can't seem to find any shipping fics with that pairing :D