Changing Lives (CLOSED)

tacobob

It was morning in Ponyville. Spike let out a full stretch the moment he awoke. This is when he noticed something was not right. For one thing, he felt a lot smaller than he normally did. His bedding which was rather snug for an teenaged dragon felt more like a king sized bed than a simple cot. Once he started to grow, he had to move out of Twilight's bedroom and his beloved 'doggy bed' and into the library's basement. Which was something he was never too keen on doing, but it was either the basement or he would have to find another home, and he couldn't even think about leaving Twilight. While he remembered the potion the mulberry unicorn had given him, he did not remember going to bed that night.

What he did not know that his foster-mother had given him a sedative along with the transformation potion, knowing full well how painful it would have felt to have one's body quickly shift from dragon to pony. He glanced down at his new body, at least he was still purple! Feeling the desire to see how the rest of his new form looked, he started to climb out of his bed, only to tumble head first onto the hard floor, "Agh!", he yelped. This pain was a new sensation for him as he was no longer covered in a protective coat of scales, but now the only thing that kept his skin safe was his pony fur. "This is going to take some time getting used to", he reached over to touch his cheek with his right hoof. "No fingers! How in Equestria am I gonna help Twilight when she needs me to write letters for the Princess? Oh duh!", he thought to himself, "Twilight made me a unicorn like her! Would only make sense, I was a magical dragon, so I'll be a magical pony.", he slowly got up from the floor and tried to walk. Before he could just place one foot in front of another, but now he had four feet to contend with. It took him some time to get used to it, he knew Twilight would forgive him if her breakfast was a little on the late side, but with a little dedication he was able to make it to a mirror.

"Holy guacamole!", he yelped as he paused to admire his reflection in the mirror. Twilight sure made him into a handsome looking pony! But something was wrong. Instead of a proud horn on his head, he wore a pair of strange, webbed purple and light green wings on his sides. This didn't make any sense! He was supposed to be an unicorn! He shrugged before giving his new pair of wings a flex, "Well, at least I'm a pony.", he muttered to himself. As he was getting older and larger, uncomfortable urges started to fill his very being. He felt the need to horde, and his growing appetite was starting to get out of hand and while she would not admit it, he was more than a large burden on Twilight's financial situation and he hated to see Twilight worry so. Other urges started to flow, and after scaring Applejack's sheep one day, he wasn't permitted near the farm for more than a few months. And while he was still able to fulfill his appetite on pony-food and gems, he still felt the need for something a little fresher and a far more fleshier. He had considered moving out of Ponyville and back into Canterlot. The princess' probably could have used a big dragon to fight on their side against the kingdom's enemies, but he still wondered how long he would be 'Spike'. Would his mind change with his body like it did before? Would he become a monster?

He flexed his wings, pumped out his chest and growled, "Why hello Rarity! Noice anything different about me? Huh? I'll give you a hint!". He waggled his eyebrows at his own reflection before turning away from the mirror and towards the stairs. The need to eat Applejack's sheep and to horde was no longer a problem for him..Getting up these stairs..Now that might be a problem. It seemed like forever, but he was able to get up the stairs and only managed to give himself a few bumps and bruises along the way. He was able to push open the door, "Hey Twilight...er..", he stopped realizing what he said, "Er..Mom? Hey mom!", he glanced around the Golden Oaks Library, hoping his 'mother' was awake.

ponyspike.png

Sweetie Belle yawned as she was still curled up in bed, but right now the sun and her were having a heated debate. She growled and got up and looked up, "you win for now Sun!" she cried out and giggled like a little Filly she once was. She trotted to the bathroom and again admired her Cutie Mark, though it was about a month old or so she couldn't get over that the CMC were all Cutie Marked, it was different. Especially as they grew she changed, not only physically but mentally and emotionally, she once looked at the CMC as just a bunch of goofy Filly's having fun, but now...but now AppleBloom was like a sister, and Scootaloo, well she was....

Sweetie Belle went beat red thinking of Scoots and smiled, "Why my dear Scoots," she said and used her magic to open a heart locket the mare had given her, inside was a picture of herself on the left, Scoots on the right, and both of them in an embrace in the center. She sighed and smiled, "Well lets get ready for the day!" she said and walked out

Twilight didn't have a goodnight sleep. She was too worried about what would happen with the spell she cast on Spike to make him a pony. Then again, she had been worried about this day for a while.

it all started when Spike had been growing older and no longer could use the bed that was located in the same room as Twilight. It was sad for Twilight to see the dragon having to now live in the basement where her laboratory was rather than in the same room as him. She remembered the time that Spike began eating and ended up growing to an enormus size, threatening Ponyville with his hoarding tendencies. She feared that day was coming that Spike would be no longer be able to even live in the library or even Ponyville.

This was and especially disturbing though now that Spike considered her his mother. At first when she was with Spike, he was like a little brother to attend to. Recently however the dragon started calling her mother. The unicorn still wasn't sure about that, not knowing if she had the motherly instincts live other mares her age. She wondered if those instincts would be bresent when and if Twilight actually had a foal rather than an adopted dragon. Nevertheless she didn't want to upset Spike by saying she was not his mom, so she played along with the idea, offering the love and support she had always given him.

Recently, the dragon asked a strange request. He asked Twilight if there was a spell to make him a pony. Twilight knew she had a Transmorgifying Spell, but she had never actually used it. She was afraid Spike wouldn't like being a pony, or that it would somehow backfire. The dragon pleaded with her, saying that it would be the only way for him to be with her and to be able to remain in Ponyville. Looking into his eyes, Twilight felt her heart melt. She knew that if this spell wasn't done, then Spike would inevitably have to leave.

That night when Spike fell asleep, Twilight gave him a seditive to make sure he slept through the pain. Twilight knew there would be pain as his entire physical make up would be changed. She then focused and cast the spell before going to bed herself. She pondeered watching the transformation taking place for research purposes, but she decided that she'd find the end results later.

Today Twilight walked down the steps eager to see the results. There in the library was an older colt, about the same age as the Cutie Mark Crusaders, with purple pelt, green eyes, and a green mane and tail that still had its spky constiency. The most interesting this was his wings which were more webbed rather than a normal pegasus pony.

"Hello Spike," she said greeting the now turned pony, "I see that the spell worked. How do you feel?"

The beaming sun somehow managed to find a gap in Rarity's curtains, why did this always happen? why was it always just in the right place to find her eyes too? Rarity groggily got out of bed and looked in the mirror. Her hair was a mess! this simply could not work! She grabbed a brush quickly with her magic and proceeded to brush. She had to look perfect if she was going to see twilight today! The two of them were going to have a picnic planned for the next week and she needed to be there so she could have her all important input! She managed to finally get her hair to its normal wavy self, now she needed accessories! a hat of course! with the sun out its the perfect excuse! She went through her wardrobe and tossed out various hats that just wouldn't do. Either they had been worn too recently or it was not the right day for it. She finally settled on a big green hat that she had bought at the market yesterday, it looked simply dashing on her. Now for breakfast!

((does sweetie belle live with rarity?))

Spike quickly made his way over to the older pony and quickly gave her a hug, or at least as close of a hug he could do at the moment, "I dunno.", he backed away, "I feel so different, so light. I'm just a little confused.", he tried to rub the back of his neck with his right hoof, but quickly lost his balance and fell on his backside, "Oof! Er..", he slowly got up, "I thought I would have turned into a unicorn, like you, now i won't be much use when it comes to writing letters. Can't imagine how anypony could write with this things.", he waved a free hoof in the air, "And now I have these.", he shook his wings in place, "I'm gonna have to learn how to fly, which I guess would be fun."

"And I notice you always gave me a funny look when I call you 'mom'..Face it, you're the only mother I've ever known.", he smiled at the mare, "I know the princess took care of me when I was very small, and I never met my birth mother, but when I think back of all the happy times in my life, all the great things that ever happened to me, was cause of you. You've always been there for me.", his eyes started to get big, "You've had to sacrifice your own happiness and ofcourse more than a few bits to keep me well taken care of..But now I'm gonna be helping you!", he stood proudly, "Maybe I can get a job and I can help support you...Maybe fix up the base..er..apartment up a little. Just need to figure out what I could do around here..But for now I'll have to re-learn how to do some of my regular duties with this new body of mine.. Will you teach me?", he grinned.

(OOC Nah, Sweetie Belle still probably lives with her parents...Not like that couldn't change.. And according to Lauren Faust, Princess Celestia took care of Spike until Twilight was old and mature enough to handle the responsibilities..)

(Not really. Look how young most of the mane cast was when they got their CM's..9-11 years oldish...Still, this take places in the future, so the child characters in FIM are teenagers. SB could have still moved in with her sister..)

Rarity made her way downstairs and looked about, her sister seemed to be nowhere to be seen "Sweetie Belle!?" she called, hoping for a little help with breakfast "Sweetie Belle come help me make some breakfast!" she called out again, placing her beautiful new hat on the couch in the lounge before she headed into the kitchen, didn't want it getting dirty did she? Rarity first prepared some eggs and hay bacon, her favourite morning food! While the food was cooking she laid the table. Oh Sweetie Belle... she used to be so helpful but now she was a teen she was now more closed in then she used to be... Rarity never seemed like much of a sister to her, or at least she never felt like one.

(OOC: if you look at the show, there are many ponies who are school age who have their cutie marks, yet they haven't moved out. I think of the CMCs at this time like young teenagers, not only enough to be on their own. So Apple Bloom is probably still at the farm and Sweetie Belle is still with either Rarity or their parents).

Spike Twilight a rather awkward hug and explained how he was feeling. "Well it's understandable that you feel strange since your are not used to being a pony." Suddenly Spike fell over, not used to standing on three hooves and adjusting his balance to accomodate it. For a moment she though the dragon turned pony had hurt himself, but upon him standing it looked like everything was ok. He then mentioned his surprise that he became a pegasus.

"I mentioned that I hoped that you became a unicorn, not that you'd definitely become one. Unfortunately the Transmorgifying Spell doesn't allow me to choose which pony type you'd become, only that you'd become one. Perhaps because you were a dragon and many dragons have wings you became a pegasus. I hope being a pegasus is ok for you. As for writing, usually ponies use their hooves or their mouth. I'm going to have to teach you how to do that, and I think we'll have to find somepony like Rainbow Dash to teach you how to fly."

Apparantly, the look on Twilight's face when Spike called her mom was not lost on the new pony. He stared at her with his bright green eyes as her heart melted. "Oh Spike, of course I can be your mother! It's just will take some time getting use to calling me that. I'm not really in mom mode in my life just yet."

Spike then began to rattle off the things he could do to help her now that he was a pony and the things he wanted to learn.

"Woah, easy there," Twilight said with a laugh at his exuberance, "let's take this a little a ta a time. First how about you practicing now that you have four legs to deal with rather that two."

(yes that's what I said, keeping Sweetie Belle with Rartiy)

Sweetie Belle sighed as she heard her sister, asking about food. Her and her sister weren't on the same level, Rarity stil seemed too I to work that she never really sat and spent time with Sweetie.

"Be right down!" she called and finished her hair and closed up the locker and trotted down the stairs to the kitchen with a weak smile on

((OOC: Can we please settle down on the OOC a bit? it breaks the flow of the RP, and we have an entire THREAD of OCC set up already for this.))

Heading up the dusty road to Ponyville with a cart full of apples and various delectable baked goods, excited about the prospect of the morning, Apple Bloom trotted briskly, although she was definitely early to her destination. See, today was exciting. She had finally made a replacement for that old busted up applecart and stand that she had inherited from Applejack, (now busy with a foal of her own that she was "trainin' up" in the ways of being a farmpony), and she was excited to unveil her new creation to her beloved customers in Ponyville.

Everyone was fairly surprised when the AppleBloom, a notorious tom-boy, grew up until a lovely and slightly more demure than her big sister, young mare, with her relatively well-coiffed mane and striking red-to amber eyes. Sure she was no striking beauty like Rarity was at her age, but a lot of young stallions in town had to admit, there was something to the spirited and independent filly that they couldn't put their hooves on, and it was definitely more than just her looks. She'd had quite a few potential suitors these days, especially after she let her mane grow out, but she didn't want to be stuck with some awkward near-colt fumbling in her direction just because they thought she was pretty. She wanted to be appreciated for more than her looks, more even than her unparalleled (In Ponyville, at least) ability to craft lovely things, she wanted a best friend and love forever who appreciate her for HER, not how good she made some stallion look. She pretty much had a vision of her dream stallion in mind, too. He'd be kind, and caring, and a hard worker just like her brother, but with more of a sense of humor and just a teensy bit, well, a LOT, more outgoing than her brother. He'd be brave and bold, but not some show-off pegasus, and he'd be able to keep up with her athletic antics, so maybe not some namby-pamby canterlot unicorn. No. what she wanted was to be with another farm pony, and to move to her own farm, and outfit it the way she wanted to! But right now a coltfriend was the furthest thing from her mind as the gentle morning sun warmed her back and the breeze wafted the scent of midsummer wildflowers her way.

"Hmmm hmmmmm de de hmmmmm, Ah reckon it's going to be a BEAA-YOOO-tiful hum-dinger of a day", she trilled to the orange butterfly that had just landed becomingly on her forelock. She crossed her eyes to try to look at it more closely. "Just the perfect day to unveil the Snappy-Apple-y Cart-y 4000", she added to the butterfly, chuckling a little at her lame joke, as she'd made a habit of putting a reference to the Flim Flam brothers' contraption that almost destroyed their beloved farm with every new and improved version she made of their family's existing farm equipment. The Apple family had always prided themselves on doing things the right way, and as she got older and more familiar with the wonders of how technology worked, Apple always wanted to keep herself grounded in the "practical and long lasting" rather than the "quick and the now".

Finally pulling into the town square, the friendly butterfly still adorning her mane, she fiddled with the various flaps and folds of her new cart, until it opened into the magnificent display for all her wares. With built in shelves on hinges that were held up by delicately carved brackets, a built in ice-box for keeping the cider cold, and colorful wheels decorated in an intricate motif of apples and blossoms, the cart would be at home as a float in any parade. There was even a specially decorated shelf specifically advertising Zap-Apple Jam! She pulled bushel baskets of apples from the main cart and set them on the ground in front. As a finishing touch, she carefully placed a few Queen Anne's Lace flowers here and there to really highlight the bright color of her apples. Sitting back and waiting for her first customer, she was ready for the day! More than that, she couldn't wait to see what her best friends Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle had to say about her newest creation!

• Like 1

"I managed to get up those stairs without breaking my new legs, so I at least know a little something about walking on these things.", the new Pegasus walked in place as he spoke, "Don't worry about me though.", he gave a toothy smile, "What I lack in scales I make up in rump.", he then glanced over at the clock with a gasp, "Hokey Smokes! I must have overslept! Maybe we should take a walk through town, have some breakfast at our 'spot' and hopefully some of our old friends will be there. I'm sure Apple Bloom will be out selling her wares today and maybe we can see Rarity as well! She told me she had a few leftover gems that I....oh.", his jaw dropped, "Ponies don't eat gems. Shoot.", he fell back onto his rump with a sigh, "Now I know this is going to take sometime getting used to."

Down, but not defeated, the young stallion quickly got up and started to canter over to the door, "Ho-Boy!", he quickly regained his usual mood, "I just can't wait to see the looks on their faces! Let's go!"

Rarity gave a smile to her sister as she arrived in the kitchen "Right, now Sweetie Belle could you be a darling and get breakfast onto some plates for me please? while i get the table set" Rarity was so excited, this new tablecloth was divine! she couldn't wait to receive a few compliments on it! After finishing setting the table she had to stop and think 'now there's something I'm forgetting...' she thought to herself, pacing back and forth 'it had something to do with little Spikey... Oh! that's it!' she rushed up to her design room and grabbed a small bag labelled 'food for Spike! don't forget!' she smiled, Spike would love her gift! he always did like it when he got some fresh gems to eat. There was even some rubies in there, his personal favourite. She rushed back downstairs to see what Sweetie Belle had been doing, hopefully she had done as she was asked. Then Rarity could eat and go see the others.

Wind rushed past Scootaloo's ears, her smile stretching ear to ear. Now that her wings had grown in, she could scooter faster than ever! And fast was a good thing. She couldn't wait for the day to reach full swing. She wanted so badly to hang out with Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom, who she assumed would be in the town square. While Scootaloo was a professional dancer, that was a job she mostly had to worry about at night. She zoomed into town square, hoping to run into her friends there and nearly knocking poor Bon Bon over with a sharp turn. The cream coloured pony shrieked in panic as Scootaloo brushed up against her at intense speeds.

"Sorry, Bon Bon!"

She yelled, hitting the breaks and stomping to a halt on the the smooth towns-square ground.

Twilight Sparkle smiled when Spike mentioned how he was able to get up the stairs without much effort. "Well I can see that you mastered walking. Just don't go participating in any hoof races until you get used to them, ok? And I'm so glad you like your birthday present, Spike!"

At the mention of the time, Twilight looked at the clock herself. "You're right, it is breakfast time. I guess we both got wrapped up in the moment. And you're right, you do have to get used to pony food now likw what I eat. So I'm sure we'll figure out something you'd like to try. Let's go then!"

As the two left, Twilight wondered how she would introduce Spike to others, especially her friends. There was no doubt he still looked similar to his dragon self even though now he was a pony. There was no use therefore trying to say he was another random pony. Twilight also wondered how Rarity would react to Spike now that he was a pony. He was always smitten by her and she liked him as a close friend. Maybe this was enough for the two to really become special someponies.

"I generally eat pony-food anyways, so it won't be that much of a difference, I think.", the new pony shrugged his fuzzy shoulders as he left the library. "A nice fluffy muffin with honey-butter, a side of fried eggs and some hay bacon strips do sound taste-mazing about now! Ooh Ooh! And a glass of frosty orange juice!",he licked his lips as they walked through Ponyville. "And now that my tumm..er stomach is all pony, I wonder if your food will taste even better? Guess I'll find out very soon!", there was an extra spring to his step the closer they got to the Ponyville Cafe. He nodded politely as they passed other ponies as they too went about their day, "Morning Berry Punch! Happy day to you Bon Bon!" He was also delighted to realize that he could now receive as many gifts as he could ever need without falling into the 'Horders Curse' he had suffered through all those years ago. "Top of the day to you Candy Mane!"

(Anyone is free to reply to our posts now..Who is this strange purple and green pony with Twilight?)

As Rarity ate she felt so awkward. SweetieBelle didn't even seem like she cared about her, she just stared out of the window and ate... Oh well, it is probably just a faze, Rarity could remember back when she was Sweetie's age, she sure did go through... 'fazes'

After finishing her meal Rarity placed her dishes into the sink and left, grabbing her hat as she left. Spike was going to love the gems she had gotten for him! She had gotten them just yesterday, she even got her hooves a little dirty to get them. As she walked through Ponyville she spotted Twilight out of the corner of her eye, not noticing the purple pony that was with her. "Twilight darling!" she said happily, giving her friend a hug "Where's Spike?" she half whispered, signalling down to the bag she was holding "I got some fresh gems especially for him! He will be ever so happy" she smiled, this was Spikes special day and she wanted to make it the best day possible for him. The little dragon she once knew was getting old now! but she still saw him as the adorable little thing she first met.

"Um. Rarity?", the purple and green pony grinned deeply at the unicorn, "It's me...Spike!". There was no mistaking. A very familiar voice was coming out of an pony the mare did not recognize, but the longer she looked at him, the more she knew something happened to her little scaly friend. Along with his voice, just by looking into his eyes, she could see that it was her old friend, but now in pony-form!

The Pegasus was already on faint duty! if the unicorn even showed the slightest hint that she was about to faint or fall over, Spike was more than ready to catch her, just as long as his legs were willing to cooperate with him!

Rarity heard the familiar voice and turned, expecting to see the little dragon she adored so much. But instead she was faced with something rather unfamiliar, it was a pony... But a pony that had the same colours as Spike, sounded like Spike, and even smelled like Spike. But... again, it was a pony. She took a closer look at the rather good looking stallion, he was no prince or rich pony of canterlot but he was... wow! From his sleek hair do to his lean physique, he was pretty well rounded. As she came into realisation she dropped the bag of gems, physically unable to hold them as her jaw dropped like a stone. Was this really... little Spikey Wikey?...

"T... Twilight...." she managed to make out, her whole body shaking "wh.... wh... who is this p, pony?..." she asked, raising a hoof to point at the new Spike, she was just mentally unable to believe that this was her friend, the pieces in her mind just not fitting together.

Sweetie Belle watched her leave without a word and sighed as she slowly trotted out of her house and padded along the road, "I hope Scoots is free today!" she said looking up and around her her sort of reckless marefriend

"It's me Rarity..", Spike tried to keep a smile on his new fuzzy face, "I was starting to be a burden on Twi..er..Mom with my size and growing appetite.", he glanced down at the ground, "I knew I'd have to leave Ponyville, especially after I started to get all of these really uncomfortable thoughts in my head..Dragon thoughts...The need to hunt for food like the animals do over in the Everfree and I was starting to feel the desire to horde again. Almost hurt you the lat time I went through all that.", he slowly made his way over to the mare and gave her a hug, "I can be turned back if I wanted to, but why would I ever want to? You gals always said I was a pony in heart, now I'm one all over!"

(Back)

As Twilight took Spike to their favorite cafe for breakfast, she wondered how he would adapt to being a pony now, or for that matter how others felt about him. She knew her closest friends would probably be the most accepting of Spike's change, but even that was in doubt. She was especially concerned about Rarity who doted on Spike in some platonic relationship ever since the dragon laid eyes upon her when first arriving at Ponyville.

The new pony seemed to be very outgoing about his change, greeting all the ponies in his usual friendly manner. Most ponies looked at him as if he was just another pony, perhaps a visitor or a new resident. There was no need for Twilight to explain things to anypony unless they needed to be so.

As they were ordering, Twilight was greeted by Rarity. The purple unicorn was worried about the fact of explaining things to her.

"Oh, hello Rarity. Nice day we're having. Actually this pony is really..."

Before she could continue, Spike announced himself to her, almost giving the white unicorn a heart attack. Before Twilight could explain, Spike basicallty told the whole story about why he wanted to become a pony.

"Um... yeah, that's pretty much it. Spike didn't want to leave and he heard that I found a Transmorgifying Spell and he wanted more than anything for his birthday to becaome a pony. So I made him a pony!"