Changing Lives (CLOSED)

tacobob

Rarity was in shock. Spike?... a pony? This was almost too much, he looked so handsome so... dashing. But Rarity had to keep composure "oh erm. Yes but... Mom? Have you adopted little spike here?" Rarity said with a smile as she hugged spike back, pulling away afterwards and trying to keep her cool "I never saw you as much of a mother Twilight. At least, not yet" She said jokingly. "So how do you like your new body Spike?" she asked, taking a better look at him "im er... gonna guess you don't eat gems any more... sorry darling, i can get you something else later" she said as she picked the bag back up and put it in her saddle bag.

Spike frowned a little when Rarity asked about adoption. Up until now, he was considered Twilight's personal 'property' as defined by Canterlot law. He was originally owned by Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns and was raised by the princess herself after he was hatched. He was later turned over to Twilight when the Princess felt her favorite student needed a little 'friend' to have around to keep her company and help maintain the small library she had in her residence.

"Um.. She's not my mother by blood ofcourse, but she's always treated me like I was. Still, I was starting to become a burden on her and Ponyville. It's not cheap to feed a growing dragon, and I was starting to get some really weird urges...Not sure you heard what happened awhile back with me and the Apple family's sheep. I actually wanted to eat them! I was able to shake off the feeling once I got a talking to from Big Mac and the other Apples. Still, I was worried that one of these days I wouldn't be able to push away the need to eat..er...people, and when Mom mentioned her transmor...trans...transformation spell, I jumped at the chance! Now I'll be able to stay in Ponyville, and even got a job and be less of a burden and be more of an er...unburden!", she smiled ever so brightly at the two mares.

"And I feel great! Once I get the whole walking thing down, I'll have to see about having somepony teach me how to fly..And then I need to get a job! Wonder If I can make some money writing books. I've always been hand...er..hoofy? Is that a word? At writing..It's even my cutie mark!", he shook his rump, "Maybe I can write books for a living! Or maybe the Ponyville Express is hiring! See, I actually have a future worth looking forward to!", he watched Rarity place the gems back into her saddlebag, "Thanks Rare...You've always been so kind with me..Always been there for me too...Now I just need to explore! See Ponyville with pony eyes! And I still wanna tell the others!"

Applebloom turned her head at the not all that uncommon sound of Bon Bon shrieking, expecting to see something as mundane as a carton of spilled milk, or a bug near the overly-dramatic mare. Instead she saw one of her very oldest friends, who had been a tad occupied with other pursuits to see her recently.

"Oh Scootaloo!" She looked from her friend, to her scooter, and back to the orange pegasus again. and giggled "Ain't you ever gonna give up that scooter, You kin fly now!", knowing in her heart that the real reason that Scootaloo wasn't ready to make the transition to living on a cloud like Rainbow Dash was Sweetie Belle and her budding romance. AB was happy to see her two friends so in love, but really felt left out these days, especially since she was so busy at the farm.

"Come check out my new cart, Ah just finished it this mornin' an I have a special apple cream fritter right here for ya, and some cider to wash it down!", excited to see her pal, she just rambled a bit. "An' where is Sweet? Ah gotta cupcake fer her too!"

"Right here!" Sweetie said as she spotted then and skipped over, though she appeared happy you could see something else behind her great green eyes, "Hey Apple Bloom!" she said as she ran and hugged the mare then ran to Scootaloo, "Hey Scoots!" she said and gave the mare a quick kiss on the cheek. She loved the mare with all her heart but she didn't like to show off the relationship, she wasnt a big PDA person

(PDA = Public Display of Affection)

Rarity was understandably shocked seeing the new Spike. But as she was Rarity always tried to maintain her composure. Upon mentioning the whole issue of Spike calling Twilight Mom, Spike elaborated upon why he wanted to become a dragon, to be able to stay in Ponyville.

"Well, Rarity, since Spike really didn't have a mother, and since I cared for him all this time, it makes sense that he considers me his mom."

Twilight giggled at Spike's enthuiasism.

"Woah, easy there. You've been a pony only for a few hours and want to try everything at once. But you're right that eventually you'll need to try a job. Writing might be good, but maybe there's a pony that you can work with. Rarity, do you know of a pony who's looking for an assistant?"

Rarity also couldn't stop herself from giggling a little, Spike seemed like a whole new pony! Which... he kind of was. Plus it did make a lot of sense with him and Twilight, she was always like a bug sister to him and he always seemed to look up to her when he was in trouble or just upset, Rarity wondered if Shinning armour knew of his new brother... but that was trailing a little

"Thats fair enough Twilight, now that i think of it you two did always have that kind of relationship, and im glad your so enthusiastic about your new body Spike! Before long you will be flying with the best of them for sure!" She gave Spike a sweet smile and then heard Twilight going on about jobs, an assistant? hmmm... the shop was always a mess, would Spike want to clean up after her though? "Well thinking about it Twilight my place is always a mess... and it wouldn't hurt to have a spare pair of hooves... But this is only if you want to Spike i don't want to force you into cleaning up after me" she suggested "i can pay you too" she added, it would be wrong for his efforts to go unrewarded.

"Er...", Spike thought about the unicorn's offer, "Tempting, but that sounds like what I do back home...I need to expand my horizons! Explore new venues! Climb every mountain! Search high and low!", as he rambled on, he mimed his actions, "Follow every highway, every path I know!", he knew if he was working for Rarity, he would spend way too much time being distracted by the prettiest unicorn in Equestria and there would be no way he would get any work done. "And even some paths I don't know. There's a great big world out there and I...", his new pony stomach started to grumble, "Really need to get something to eat!", he chuckled, "And I would be honored if two of Ponyville's bestest and prettiest ponies that I know could come along.", he failed to mention at least one of them was the pony with all the bits, "Maybe we'll run into the others along the way, eh?"

Twilight liked the offer that Rarity made about having Spike help clean her store. But Spike declined, which Twilight also assumed might happen. She knew that he was often cleaning Twilight's library as well as assisting Rarity at times on errands.

"Well, I can definitely understand if you want to try something different in your life, Spike. And I will definitely help you find something to do!"

"Fair enough" Rarity said as she gave Spike a smile "Like i said you may do as you wish... well as long as mother permits it of course" giving Twilight a wink. She then blushed at the compliment given to her, but she had just eaten and she had a new gift to prepare! She had a great idea too "Just hold still for a second darling" she said as she pulled a pair of glasses and a clothing tape measure. She wiped it round Spike a couple of times and wrote down some measurements on a notepad "Right! I will leave you two alone to get some food, i shall be back at my boutique if needed. Ciao!!" she said happily as she trotted back to her place, thinking about Spikes new look 'wow, he really managed to spruce himself up! Quite the looker!' She really hoped he would find a job to keep him happy, he definitely had the enthusiasm to do well

Spike stood patiently as the unicorn quickly took his measurements, as she did, he silently prayed she wasn't going to make a pony version of the 'Little Lord Fauntleroy' costume she had made for him all those years ago. Once she was done, he waved as she galloped away and sighed before shaking his head, 'Right...Ponyville Cafe!', he grinned at Twilight and started to canter on. "Wonder what the other girls are doing this fine morning?", he asked while they walked along.

Scootaloo took her helmet off, fuschia mane swishing at she shook her head. She grinned and returned Sweetie Belle's favour, kissing her softly on the cheek. She knew that Sweetie wasn't big on showing off their relationship, but Scootaloo had no problem with it. Noticing Apple Bloom seemingly feeling a bit left out, she turned to her country friend and grinned.

"Hey Bloom! High hoof!"

Scootaloo held a hoof out, expecting Apple Bloom to hoof it. Scootaloo had a very special connection with her friends, and they not only talked in their own language with their words, but with their body language. Of course, Scootaloo was a lot more open to touch than her friends. That could be the lack of affection growing up, or maybe she was just like that because of her activity. Whatever it was, Scootaloo felt lucky to have her best friends there.

Sweetie smiled and sat next to both of them, watching them with a smile and turned to Apple Bloom, "So you mentioned a cupcake and a new stand?" she asked in her delicate voice as she looked at both of her friends. It felt as if just yesterday they were little fillies trying to earn there Cutie Marks, now they were all grown, it happens so fast.

• 3 weeks later...