Lauren Faust Interview

I was going to post this in the Season 3 info thread, but the stuff here concerns ideas that never came to be and background stuff.

Bare in mind that this is a security guard's retelling from unrecorded events, so this stuff isn't necessarily 100% true.

Info

-Canterlot was to be "Gondor" (Lord of the Rings) for little girls.

-Celestia and Luna's parents exist in Lauren's mind.

-Twilight is inspired by her mother(Lauren's).

-Fluttershy is inspired Lauren's childhood.

-RD is Firefly.

-Pinkie Pie was not intended to be a "comedy" character, but rather a "free-spirited" character.

-Scootaloo was going to get several episodes, including one where it would shed light on her being handicapped. It's quite sad.

She never intented for Scoots to fly: some of her episodes would have been about finding out her other strengths.

-Derpy Hooves is not Ditzy Doo.

-An episode she wanted involved deers, a pony raised by them, Whitetail Woods and AJ and RD arguing over whether to tell him the truth or not, *cough*fanficswillcoverthis*cough*

There's a little more in the video, something about Changelings I think.

Interesting little interview.

Some stuff I knew, but some stuff was interesting to learn. The comments about Celestia and Luna's parents were intriguing... and the stuff about Scootaloo was the most interesting though. I hope the writers stick with Lauren's ideas there. THat could prove compelling.

Deer episode sounds kind of strange and interesting.

I'm sure we'll see a few of Lauren's unused ideas come back to life one day. That is, if the current writers don't run out of their own ideas first. :evil:

including one where it would shed light on her being handicapped

She never really struck me as "Handicapped" she's a filly. if you look at the other fillys there wings are about the same side. if its true that she gets an episode where there all like, "yeah... she cant fly... she never will fly, oh well. " that kinda strikes me as odd.

I miss Lauren Faust so, so much. These are such interesting ideas, and they sound like interesting "lessons" too. I miss theydays of lessons sometimes feeling mature and complex. And the days of characters acting out of character only to confirm it more. I loved that sort of contradiction.

I sill love FiM, but it's much simpler now.

Id be happy if they shed some light on Scootaloo, I mean even my friend watching the show first time through was like Well, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy went to flight school in Cloudsdale, how come Scootaloo isn't in Cloudsdale in flight school? Or do we just not see her in flight school? It would be cool to show that Scootaloo is good at her scooter and stuff because she cant fly and still has a need for speed.

Besides, the original scootaloo was an Earth pony anyway.

I was going to post this in the Season 3 info thread, but the stuff here concerns ideas that never came to be and background stuff.

Bare in mind that this is a security guard's retelling from unrecorded events, so this stuff isn't necessarily 100% true.

Info

-Canterlot was to be "Gondor" (Lord of the Rings) for little girls.

-Celestia and Luna's parents exist in Lauren's mind.

-Twilight is inspired by her mother(Lauren's).

-Fluttershy is inspired Lauren's childhood.

-RD is Firefly.

-Pinkie Pie was not intended to be a "comedy" character, but rather a "free-spirited" character.

-Scootaloo was going to get several episodes, including one where it would shed light on her being handicapped. It's quite sad.

She never intented for Scoots to fly: some of her episodes would have been about finding out her other strengths.

-Derpy Hooves is not Ditzy Doo.

-An episode she wanted involved deers, a pony raised by them, Whitetail Woods and AJ and RD arguing over whether to tell him the truth or not, *cough*fanficswillcoverthis*cough*

There's a little more in the video, something about Changelings I think.

How fascinating! I wonder what is true, and what is speculation?

• 8 months later...

Lauren Faust has been doing a thing for charity. Donate money and she'll answer a pony question...lots of interesting backstory and facts about our favorite multicoloured miniature marshmallow based equine show..

http://www.equestria...stions-and.html

Like Berry Punch was originally named Pinot Noir....Why Spike has a crush on Rarity....And his age...Lots of goodies here.

And this bit.

"I imagined them with parents, yes. I wish I could've made a series just about Celestia and Luna's youth. Sigh..."

REALLY now Hub and Hasbro..Make this so...I will give you ALL the money! ALL! :evil:

She never really struck me as "Handicapped" she's a filly. if you look at the other fillys there wings are about the same side. if its true that she gets an episode where there all like, "yeah... she cant fly... she never will fly, oh well. " that kinda strikes me as odd.

Maybe there will be an episode where all the other pegasus of her age are starting to fly and she can't. I just hope its after she gets a cutie mark because I don't want her to be double inadequate

[colour=#FF0000]Oddly enough, the premise behind the "pony-raised-by-deer" episode sounds kinda like the situation of my MLP OC, Wolf. Mainly because she was, for whatever reason (totally unknown to her, of course), abandoned by her birth-parents and raised by a tribe of deer in the Everfree Forest.[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]And, the main difference is that she is, of course, a mare, and not a stallion. [/colour]