The Perfect Sandwich

TrinalHeart1103

This topic is srs bsns. I'm assuming most of us have a "go to" sandwich, whether we're at Subway, Quiznos, at home making our own, etc. What is your perfect sandwich?

My perfect sandwhich is an oven roasted chicken breast on a wheat bun with romaine lettuce, red onions, bell peppers, pickled jalapenos, provolone, and a bit of mayonnaise. Bliss... :D

Salami & pepperoni on a fresh baked sub-roll with provolone & swiss cheese. tomatos, lettuces, pickles, banana peppers, olives, vinagrette, basil, and then extremely light toasting to melt the cheese without heating the meats to much. hard to get just right but the most delicious thing If you do.

here_s-to-alcohol-the-cause-ofand-solution-toall-life_s-prob-7.jpg

From a restaurant: The Country Club from Jimmy John's - turkey breast, applewood smoked ham, provolone, tomato, and mayo on french bread.

If I'm at home, I like to put turkey, provolone, shredded cheddar, and mayo in a wrap and grill it on the George Foreman. Mmmm...that might actually be my dinner tonight...

OMG you guys love JJ too?!

I always go with the Hunters club extra mayo, no tomatos. It's really simple, but oh do I love it. Nothing beats the simplicity of roast beef, lots of mayo, swiss, and lettuce. Also I occasionaly buy their day olds for snacks. Their bread is just so yummy!

But the all time best sandwitch has to be Corned beef brisket, pastrami, metled provolone, mustard, mayo, and italian dressing on a toasted italian roll. It's called the "New York Steamer" and it's to die for if you find yourself at a Firehouse Subs.

Darnet I'm making myself hungry.

We don't have any JJs around here though, unfortunately. We only get it once a year when we go to Baltimore for Otakon - but we did go 2 or 3 times while we were there!

OMG you poor thing! D:

My town has like, 2 JJs. They're freaking fast too! They usually have my sand witch ready by the time I get my change. Gotta watch out for the delivery cars though...

I have to make my sandwiches myself -- that entails making the bread as well. JJs is disgusting. I've eaten there twice and ...it's just atrocious. Terrible bread, bland fillings...blech! Then again, most fast food places usually are.

I'll bake a traditional French baguette and toast it, and I might put on marinated, herbed grilled chicken, watercress and/or microgreens or lettuce, and maybe a spread of some kind -- red pepper cream cheese, peppery aioli, or homemade honey mustard (seriously -- I'll use ground mustard, vinegar, honey, etc.). Maybe some other veggies. Mmm!

I only eat one type of sandwich on a regular basis: a turkey, bacon, and cheese sandwich. Nothing more, and nothing less. No veggies or mayo... nada. White bread and American cheese are my preferences.

Sometimes, I'll eat a Meatball Sandwich from Subway too. :P

I wonder if I could use my waffle iron as a panini press? Actually...I have a cast iron pan that might do that trick, too, now that I'm thinking about it.

I also made my own PB&J sammich from scratch last week. For realsies. Peanut butter, bread, jam -- everything!

I also have to make my own bread, though in my case it's because I can't have wheat and the few store bought rice breads I know of are awful

But I always have toasted ham and cheese sandwiches, and yes it has to be toasted, rice bread can get really dry after it's been cut so it has to be stored frozen, though if you time it properly you can get the bread to be like it's fresh instead of actually toasted, the cheese that I use cuts into small pieces and always goes directly on the bottom slice and the ham has to have the edging removed

Also if you like salty and sweet and have somewhat lax standards once sugar is involved you can add vanilla cake frosting after you take it out of the sandwich press (this probably falls under aquired tastes)