I usually roll with a energy weapon sniper.

Tagged skills are Energy Weapons, Sneak, and Medicine.

Take the Four Eyes perk because most eyeglasses have other benefits, like Dr. Mobius's glasses in OWB.

And I also take the Small Frame perk. enemies can't cripple your limbs if they can't see you lining up a headshot.

Sevo, you already know how much i love Fallout. I bodied 3 like nothing and New vegas...i haven't beaten yet cause the DLC's are time consuming (Although i've beaten them all) but it's still a good game.

I have a love for Fallout that has no bounds. Like seriously you have no idea how much I love it, from the lore to the games themselves (which annoys me that while I managed to bash FO2 to work on my PC, the patches to get FO1 to work contain a virus according to MS SecEss).

I typically run a character focused on sneak, lockpicking, and small guns, though I recently played New Vegas as a character focused around Firearms, Sneak, and Speech of all things. It's quite fun being able to talk your way into and out of a lot.

Other things to try are pacifist characters, like tagging Speech, Medicine, and Science or something and using only your innate skill with the mouse and low-req weapons to survive, or ridiculously specialized characters, like a character with an abysmal score in Intelligence, Luck, Charisma, and Perception, to give yourself 10s in Agility, Strength, and Endurance.

Here's to hoping more info about 4 comes soon, too.

Best. Game. Ever.

I still need to get DLCs for it though! Money is an issue.

My favorite character Cassady (old RP character) was a very mean girl

Class: NCR Interrogator. High charisma and gun skills with minor emphasis on sneak.

I also made Pharm! He's a medic with an offensive focus on explosives. Hardest character I've ever played, because explosive ammo is so rare and expensive.

Fallout 3 and new vegas were amazing. the story. the places you can explore. customization of appearance and perks. its my ideal game series.

For me I am always a rifleman/heavy weapons. Take out a few super mutants with my trusty Plasma rifle then take out a behemoth with my rockets.

As for new vegas I am just a rifleman/machine gunner. I love using the gauss rifle and the M1 grande looking rifle I forget the name.

As for DLC for both games I have a most fav and least fav. For F3 my fav DLC was mothership zeta while my least fav was point lookout. For F:NV my most fav was old world blues and least fav was Dead money.

Ah Fallout. I'm a very big fan of it. Been playing since Fallout 2 and Tactics. I still play Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas a lot. Heavily modded of course. In Fallout 3 my tagged skills were Guns, Science and Lockpicking. Sneaking felt like it was broken in Fallout 3. I was happy when they finally fixed sneaking in Fallout New Vegas. I always played sneaky type builds. My tag skills in New Vegas were Guns, Sneak, and Lockpick.

The other great thing about fallout 3/NV is that it is highly moddable. Heck I've even learned to use GECK to make my own mods for the game.

Here's my current Mod stuff with Fallout New Vegas:

The following mods were used:

Nevada Skies URWified

Darnified UI

oHUD (Immersive, adjustable, movable, customizable HUD components)

uHUD (Unified Hud Project)

Centralized Camera

Advanced Recon Gear (Thermal Night Vision and Target Acquisition)

Project Nevada

Weapon Mods (Saiga-12, PSG-1)

NMC Texture Pack

Weapon Retexture Project

RACE Radio

Here's something I did a few months back, the mod pack I used here was called DollHouse. It added an Anime-like android race (complete with quests to get the weapons and armors) and some OP weapons. I had my fun but got rid of this because the weapons were OP. To prove my point I went Deathclaw hunting.

All of my characters are specialized in Lockpick lol only because most of the Unique weapons require 100 Lockpick. Other than that i specialize in Energy Weapons, Speech, & Sneak with Wild Wasteland & Early Bird traits.

I liked the idea of making a tribal from a village, a la start of Fallout 2....

Tag: Melee, Survival then either sneak or explosives (if you can reconcile it into the old idea of 'Throwing' skill).

Then depending on your play style:

Kamikaze

Heavy handed (I prefer to crit stack so take this less)

Loose cannon

Skilled (If you have relevant DLC)