My frightening little brony

Kendrick

I finally broke down and downloaded the FiM soundboard for my phone.

(It's neat by the way!)

And I was playing with it and my 12 year old sons were guessing the ponies from the sounds.

One of them dropped out after the mane ones were done, the other was able to name every pony but 2. This is including background ponies that only had a single speaking line in the show.

Sometimes he didn't know their name, but he could describe them and say who they were with.

My brony impulse is to be be proud, but as a father it's kinda scary. :-|

I agree with Fermata. Sure, its fine to be proud of your kid...but make sure that his knowledge isn't border-line obsession. Otherwise, it may become an issue. Also, I don't know if this is an issue or not, but you might also want to check on how other kids treat your son...see what actually got him into the whole ponies thing into the first place.

Thanks for the concern guys.

Well, he's strange and we know that and have had to deal with it being an issue at school school from time to time. But that's another issue.

He got into the show because I watch it, but he's not anywhere near obsession levels. Not like it's been with Pokemon or Legend of Zelda... :wail:

He just had a knack for remembering things that aren't what his mother and I say to him.

• Like 1

What the others said... he's a kid... weird and self hazardous obsessions are for adults =P

Every 12 year old either likes something to an obsessive level or pays no attention to it

*hides pokemon collection*

but yeah, make sure you try and get him into other things too, crafts, video games, movies, books... give him plenty to do so he doesnt focus all his attention on one thing... nothing wrong with being knowledgeable as long as it's not all he's doing at that age.

You mean the android app? I got it too. Love the squee sound (labeled as Fluttershy grin) but it needs a way to script a sequence of sounds... With that and the ability to forward the sound on a ongoing call the possibilities would be like... Endless...

That's the one, and I agree!

And flutterscotch hit it I think. He's the same way with Link and the Zelda games in general. :P

If only he would remember what chores I gave him that well!