Revolution: A Hoof in the Dark (Open: OOC Discussion)

...I don't know if it's just because it's the middle of the night or what, but I just can't seem to wrap my mind around what the plot is exactly. This is going to sound silly, but would somebody explain it to me like I'm a 12 year old? Haha. I mean, this sounds awesome and I really would like to join in but I'm just a tad confuzzled. :#3

Erm...okay, I'll summarize:

Shortly after the events at the Royal Wedding, the pony populace of Equestria began to grow dissatisfied with the Principality, and eventually a secretive organization known as the NEO (New Equestrian Order) comes out of nowhere, spreading the idea of revolution. At first, nopony is truly willing to go that far...until a town in the north of Equestria was destroyed by an Ursa Major. When news spread of the disaster, more ponies began to consider the NEO's words. Almost overnight, small rebellions occured all around Equestria, primarily in Manehatten and Stalliongrad. Due to the disorder that the rebels were causing, the Princesses formed a coalition to put an end to the rebellions. Arriving separately at the cities, they were successful in shutting down the minor towns without bloodshed, but Stalliongrad and Manehatten refused to stand down. After several days of intense negotiations, Princess Celestia finally had enough and ordered her soldiers to haul the rebels off the streets and put into chains. What resulted was a massacre, for the rebels were unwilling to be taken, and as a consequence, many ponies died that night and the two large cities were burned to the ground. Acting as a martyr, the full Revolution took hold, and the war began. After a year of fighting, Canterlot was taken and destroyed, along with the Royal Family and the rest of the old Equestrian government. Taking control, the NEO became the GEF (Grand Equestrian Federation). Now, five years later, Equestria is being rebuilt, and (surprisingly) stronger than ever.

Name: Draco

Race: pegasus (but his wings are dragon wings not feather)

**Faction: unsure..

***Goal/Motivation: to figure out what to do with himself

Background Story: when his mother was pregnant with him before the revolution a mysterious group of scientists offered alot of money to do genetic experiments on him as a result when he was born he had Dragon wings instead of Feather wings but sadly his mother died during his birth and his father pulled him out of the program .. trying to raise him normally... during flight school he became super timid and shy due to the amount of ridicule received from the other foals.. and this in turn made him Run away shortly after graduating now with the whole revolution thing he is now in hiding in a forest unsure of what to do with himself.

(backstory edited to fit rp)

I'm thinking of joining, but a few questions...

First, the plot is a bit 'tl;dr', is there any way you can make it shorter?

And second, it's probably in the plot but, how futuristic would you say Equestria is, technologically, in this RP?

Well...just a few issues. I'm not sure if anypony will try to lure him out if they don't know of him, and also what exactly is Draco unsure of? As for connecting his experiments to the GEF (or NEO b4 they came into power), they are an organization focused on the pony race, believing it to be pure and perfect. They would consider genetic altering of ponies blasphemy in its nature.

Name: Broken Mind

Race: Earth Pony

**Faction: Loyalist, though doesn't realize it, as he just builds.

***Goal/Motivation: Building equipment.

Background Story: Broken Mind use to be a happy young colt, not a care in the world. Then, the fire nation- er, the Grand Equestrian Federation, attacked. His father joined the loyalists, and the GEF attacked his house to be rid of him. His father hid Broken in time, but unfortunately, Broken Mind witnessing his parents death was too much for him. At that moment, he gained his cutie mark, a split brain, and lost his mind. He forgot much of his life, only remembering the moment of his families death, and forgot his original name. When ponies ask, he simply replies by singing 'I have a broken mind!'.

Because of his fathers status, a loyalist decided to take care of him. That loyalist discovered that Broken had skills in inventing and creating. He also discovered it was the only way to stop him from attempting to kill himself or someone else. He grew up, and when he became a stallion, began helping the loyalists by building them equipment. He is still batcrap crazy, unfortunately.

Edited by fireraven23

[colour=#282828]Name: The Equestioner (Real name is Lon that no one knows except for his dead special somepony)[/colour]

[colour=#282828]*Age: Colt[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Gender: Male[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Race: Unicorn[/colour]

[colour=#282828]**Faction: RLF[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Occupation:Willing and daring front line soldier[/colour]

[colour=#282828]***Goal/Motivation and [/colour][colour=#282828]Background Story[/colour][colour=#282828]: The GEF took his life. His love life that is. Since school, he and his special somepony, Reina, were stuck together like glue. Then the GEF started making those protest speeches. Everypony could hear it, and it got to the point where Reina eventually had to scream at one of them for how stupid they sounded about new Equestrian order. When they took power of course, they saw her as a threat. "They won't kill me" she always told him. "I'm blind and disabled." She was dead wrong.[/colour]

[colour=#282828]They stormed into her parent's house and seized her from her dinner table while eating. Lon heard and saw her kicking and screaming as she was dragged out into the middle of their residential area, where a bright flash was made and the two seizing brutes and his purpose in life were taken away. At that time, he knew his new purpose. Find Reina and save her. And if something had gone wrong with her, something wrong was going to be wrong with the GEF. Something along the lines of slaughter.[/colour]

Ahem...the "girl" went offline, and that is because I'm on a mobile, good sir. In either case, I suggest fleshing Draco out in a way that he will be able to fit in with the story. What did the revolution do to him, specifically? What side does he approve of? How exactly did the war affect him? That sort of thing. Oh, and Fireraven...I <3 your app! That, my friend, is actually rather cute. Always need your mad-scientist pony :P and Conward, your app is nice too. However, maybe you could make his name...idk...less super-heroy? :lol: In either case, nice apps fellas. Fire, yours is accepted, so hop in whenever you please!