Hello all

Shazzlnet

About Myself: I'm a gamer and a self-learning writer. I enjoy animations of all kinds both eastern and western.

How I found Canterlot.com: I simply searched for a 'My Little Pony forum' and it was near the top.

How I became a fan of MLP:FiM: sometime last summer a friend of mine urged me to watch the first episode. I had encountered the fringes of bronydom in my idle but never the got the full picture. I begrudgingly conceded and watched the first episode. The other 25 of season 1 followed that day and the next.

My favourite main cast pony/s: AppleJack,Fluttershy,Miss Rarity,Rainbow Dash,Twilight Sparkle,Pinkamina Diane Pie
My handle is Shazzlnet, but Shaz for short is fine.

In all honesty I joined for the sole purpose of getting some feedback on a fanfiction I'm writing. It's a long work in progress and i'm encountering motivational and inspirational problems as of late. If anyone is willing to take the time, i'll be posting it in the creativity section right after this post.

I hope I don't come off as selfish for joining on this alone.

Welcome to Canterlot! :D

Even though you're only here for your fic, I hope you end up taking interest in some other sections of the site down the road. And I don't think it's selfish at all to join for a singular purpose; I originally joined for a project I was going to help on, and look at how that turned out :)

Welcome to Canterlot! Hope you have tons of fun here! :D

Anyway, since you say you are a gamer, what games do you like to play? :)

Howdy! What games do you like playing, I wonder? :D

thanks for the welcome everyone ^^

as for games, well, my favorite games of all time would be the Kingdom Hearts series, Shadow of the Colossus,and Einhander. More recently I've been playing FTL and TF2 on Steam, Metroid Prime Trilogy on Wii, Journey on PS3, and I want to buy Fall of Cybertron for PS3.

I've got Metroid, Metroid 2: Return of Samus, Kid Icarus, and Super Mario Bros. on my 3DS that I'm getting around to gradually.

Welcome to Canterlot! Don't feel bad about having an agenda. Self promotion is what brought me here! (Also tracking down the owner of some stolen art, but that's in the past).

I eventually took up roots, and I've stalked the creativity forums ever since!

Also now that you're here, you can never leave o_o

Welcome! If you're looking for a great community to prop your hooves up and gain some inspiration from, you've found it! You might try looking around our roleplay areas for some ideas,

Well, I have the outline and broad series of events in mind and plotted out. Its a bit more of getting reinvigorated and into the spirit of writing again that I'm here for ^^;

Hi, welcome to Canterlot. :)

Glad to be welcomed so warmly ^^

Haldo! Nice avatar :D. Hope you enjoy your time here!

homestar-welcome.jpg

thanks, it's my avatar of choice on my IM accounts

Welcome to Canterlot! Don't feel bad about having an agenda. Self promotion is what brought me here! (Also tracking down the owner of some stolen art, but that's in the past).

I eventually took up roots, and I've stalked the creativity forums ever since!

Also now that you're here, you can never leave o_o

Well, if staying helps me get my story rolling, then by all means, I don't mind not leaving XD

• Like 1

Wow I can't believe where at the top of search results for MLP. XD

Anyway, welcome to this lovely city we call Canterlot! I'm Lovin' Moonlight, or just LM for short. Its a pleasure. I'm not much of a writer, sorry, but I will still give feed back on your fan fiction. Who knows! You might take up an interest in RP'ing while you're here!

Nothing selfish about it, atleast you had a reason for joining. For a long time I didn't. DerpFaceLM_zps9a1407a3.png

If you need anything, don't hesitate to PM or drop a few lines in the chat bar towards me! I'll be happy to help! FolarinSmiling_zpsd1ccaa59.png

Wow I can't believe where at the top of search results for MLP. XD

Anyway, welcome to this lovely city we call Canterlot! I'm Lovin' Moonlight, or just LM for short. Its a pleasure. I'm not much of a writer, sorry, but I will still give feed back on your fan fiction. Who knows! You might take up an interest in RP'ing while you're here!

Nothing selfish about it, atleast you had a reason for joining. For a long time I didn't. DerpFaceLM_zps9a1407a3.png

If you need anything, don't hesitate to PM or drop a few lines in the chat bar towards me! I'll be happy to help! FolarinSmiling_zpsd1ccaa59.png

thanks for the welcome ^^

as for the RPing, there was effectively a 2+ year period where all I wanted to do was RP. not MLP related, but all the same I came to a point where I wasn't interested anymore. I have to say it was a bit of an addiction. for the time being I'd prefer to leave it behind to try and sharpen my storytelling and writing skills. I hope that I don't come across as a sour puss in that regard, and I didn't stop on a bad note, I just decided to dedicate my energy into non-RP writing.

Welcome to the forums, bro!

thank you ^^

Well hey now, here's something relate-able! I'm a writer myself and I would love to toss some ideas based on your story so far if you'll accept them! :D what sort of stories do you write?

Glad to meet another writer ^^ This project I'm working on is something of an ambitious self-learning experience I want to complete. I figured fanfiction because if I can use existing material in a way that people find interesting, then surely I can better develop my own original content, right?

as for the story itself, it's a light-hearted adventure tale that will probably turn out to be the longest thing I've written to date. I'm still fleshing out the first chapter and it currenly has about 6500 words, though I feel it's only about half-way or three-fifths done. I have the rough outline and have filed the content down to the main things I want to do, I just need a bit of help getting motivated to actually write it.

If you want something more in-depth, I'd prefer to keep it in PMs or IMs. Not to say that I suspect people will run off with my ideas, I just don't want to give out too many spoilers ^^;

Edit: i actually have a bit of the first part of the first chapter posted here already: http://www.canterlot.com/topic/11880-in-the-midst-of-a-dark-matter-wip/

Edited by Shazzlnet

thank you ^^

Glad to meet another writer ^^ This project I'm working on is something of an ambitious self-learning experience I want to complete. I figured fanfiction because if I can use existing material in a way that people find interesting, then surely I can better develop my own original content, right?

as for the story itself, it's a light-hearted adventure tale that will probably turn out to be the longest thing I've written to date. I'm still fleshing out the first chapter and it currenly has about 6500 words, though I feel it's only about half-way or three-fifths done. I have the rough outline and have filed the content down to the main things I want to do, I just need a bit of help getting motivated to actually write it.

If you want something more in-depth, I'd prefer to keep it in PMs or IMs. Not to say that I suspect people will run off with my ideas, I just don't want to give out too many spoilers ^^;

Edit: i actually have a bit of the first part of the first chapter posted here already: http://www.canterlot...ark-matter-wip/

OK! Lucky for you, I have plenty of time on my hands! (<<<that was cocky :P) so I'll see what you've got and throw you an Idea here and there. Nice to meet you, by the way ;)