In Defence of Fort Book! [All welcome]

Archturus

"Understood...my leader!"-said Moonlight than she took on her armor. "Im ready!" Moonlight put on a helmet what hid her whole face except her eyes. She had few minutes till the attack so she did a short walk in the empire of the evil. She walked between the shelfes when she saw a broken vase on the ground. "So that was it."-she said to herself. Suddenly she felt a terrible pain in her head. Her eyes glowed in the blue as she felt to the ground. "Whats happening!"-she shouted. Than all of her hoofs glowed in blue colour but after a few seconds it turned into dark. The evil totally took control over her soul and now she became something different what she was before. As she laid on the ground, two wings appeared on her back which was made from shadow. After it the pain gone away but the wings remained. "I...I feel more stronger like never before! And...now i have got wings too!"-she started to laugh. "Be prepared Fort Book! Your doom is coming!"-shouted while her eyes still glowed but now in dark colour. She headed back to the others. After every step she left mark of darkness behind herself. After she arrived back to the others she stopped and waited for her order to attack from Duke Helios. "Hey Moondust!"-she shouted after her. "Dont mess this up..."-she said disdainfully.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moondust nodded at her command, and then took off at a dead run, her wings speeding her along. [colour=#4b0082]Darkness cannot rule, it cannot win, let them see the light. [/colour]Her sister's voice echoed in her head as she ran through the shadows towards the fort. The fort hadn't grown much, but was still formidable. [colour=#800080]"Princess? A word with you?"[/colour] Moondust asked, [colour=#800080]"It's quite important." [/colour]She stood, waiting for the Princess to allow her to speak.

Once Manny took care of the prisoner she went to her princess's call. "I'm here, is there anythin you need me to do?" she asked, eager to serve her princess.

Dawn hopped down from her throne to Moondust's side. The Princess was slightly troubled by her subjects wings, however. She thought about them for a quick moment and thought that they may prove useful and not to question it.

"Ah, Moondust. You may speak, but please hurry it along. As you see I have a few announcements to make and I mustn't be hindered. So speak if you must."

Dawn perked up slightly, did Moondust possibly have important info about the enemy? She eagerly awaited the news, holding up a hoof to silence Manny, who seemed more than happy to serve the princess.

[colour=#800080]"Princess, I've come to tell you some bad news. We must abandon the fort. The exiled King is on his way with many forces i've never seen before."[/colour] Her voice dropped to a mere whisper in the Princess's ear. [colour=#800080]"I would highly suggest a fort on high ground. i've been ordered by the exile to open a hole in the defenses. The quicker you evacuate the troops and the more discreet you are about it, the easier my job will be when i spy on them."[/colour] She looked towards the nearby forest, noting that no ponies were there to see her talking to the princess. [colour=#800080]"You need to establish a base somewhere unexpected. Somewhere..."[/colour] She paused for a moment, looking around the room. She noticed a higher bookcase with a top to it, perfect for a new base. [colour=#800080]"Up."[/colour] She said, signalling to the top of the bookcase. [colour=#800080]"He will be on his way soon, i'm supposed to break a hole in the defenses of fort book. When he gets here, i will tell him that everyone has evacuated and are nowhere to be found. When his troops start to retreat, I will attempt to have them walk under the bookcase that the new base will be situated at. When they walk underneath, push the nearest walls down on top of them, dropping down, flanking them and forcing their surrender."[/colour] She smiled at her own cunning, remembering some of her father's stories of what they did to previous enemies in guard training. [colour=#4b0082]With every darkness comes a light that shines forth to defeat it. [/colour][colour=#800080]"I hope this is helpful, Princess, I have business i have to get back to. Is there anything you request before i take my leave?"[/colour] She asked, dropping to a knee, awaiting any further requests.

"I dont understand my Lord..."-started Moonlight. "How long are we need to wait so far?"-she asked him as she walked about. "There ought to be an entrance in Fort Book now..."

Overeasy grinned at her Loyal King's speech, she KNEW he would come back to save her! She was too awesome to leave![colour=#00ff00] "Alright! Let's sock it to these suckers! Hoo-Rah!" [/colour]She roared merrily, she was going to love getting back at those big jerks who imprisoned the Great and Mighty Overeasy! She would squash their puny fort in the name of her king using the might of eggs!

Yes, the day was theirs! Nothing could stop th-....what, in the name of Dairy, were those shadowey-ey things? We-were they there before? Her brother warned her about talking to "spooky bros" in the past...

But if they served the King, they couldn't be all that bad!

As she heard her King's orders and saw him trot off, she couldn't help but pout a bit, she had been wanting to test her new magic spells out! Oh well, at least now she could thank the one who had rescued her.

Looking over at the similarly impatient Moondust, she put on a smile[colour=#00ff00],[/colour][colour=#000000]only to see she wasn't even there.[/colour]

[colour=#00ff00]"Woah...alright man, I get it..."[/colour][colour=#000000]She mumbled for some reason, she would just go look for a magic tome amongst the shelves. [/colour]

"Hey Overeasy!"-shouted Moonlight after her. "Have you got a minute? A want to talk with you..."-she said as she started to approach her slowly.

"Well..about Moondust. What do you think about her?"-she asked from her. "Oh.. and before you start "she saved me so she is so cool.." or anything else, I tell you that I dont care."

Moonlight looked at Overeasy with a serious face. "Our King sent her to open an entrance for us but nothing happened yet..."-she said to her "Overeasy...I will go after her and find out whats happening there. Maybe she is in trouble... Are you with me?

This news was vital to the survival of Fort Book. If Moondust hadn't returned to share this with Dawn, who knows what would have happened. Fort Book would have crumbled underneath that dastardly king's hoof.

Dawn turned to the book case while her eyes ran up the length of it and stopped at the top. Yes, this would be perfect for a new kingdom. But there would be minor complications. How would she transport herself and her subjects up there?

"Moondust, thank you for this valuable information. Now stand up, there is no need to kneel before me. Now, I have just one question for you before you depart: How in Equestria are we going to get up there?"

Dawn was contemplating almost every idea that came to mind. Build a stair case? Catapult? Hot air balloon?

Dawn began to speak to Manny, keeping her eyes on where Fort Book would once again rise.

"Lady Manzanita, fetch the prisoner if you would and meet me back here. Posthaste"

Mispronouncing 'posthaste' terribly, Dawn looked around. Searching for object to assist their upcoming ascent

Moondust piped back up again. [colour=#4b0082]"Princess, in order to get this information i had to gain the trust of the king... he required me to return the eggnomancer to him, and so i did. However, i believe that because i did such a thing, he is indebted to me and may return the favour if things get too tough. I believe the eggnomancer will have a change of heart when i talk to him next."[/colour] She paused. [colour=#4b0082]"The eggnomancer's magic should not be that powerful, she is still recovering."[/colour] Moondust said. [colour=#4b0082]"As for getting up there, i would suggest using that table over there as a staircase, moving the chairs so that we may get on them, and then the table, and then the bookcase. But, that is my suggestion."[/colour]

Manny quickly bowed before running of to the dungeons. "Prisoner it's time to...uh oh." Manny said as she looked at the empty cell. This wasn't good. Manny quickly ran back to the princess hoping to get the news to her in time. "Princess Dawn, the prisoner...she escaped." Manny panted as she reached the princess.

Overeasy growled a little as Moonlight totally contradicted asking her opinion on Moondust and THEN telling her he didn't care, seriously? What was up with that!

But, despite his jerkiness, his words did hold meaning,what if their comrade really was in trouble? She couldn't let the one who saved her go down before she thanked the brave filly!

She quickly slammed the magic cookbook she had been reading and gained a determined look on her face[colour=#00ff00],"Are you saying my new best brah could be in trouble?"[/colour]She asked in a strong, stiff tone, before lighting up,[colour=#00ff00]"Of course you are! We need to help her if she is!"[/colour] She declared and rose her hooves into the air in a dramatic wizard pose,[colour=#00ff00]"In the name of Darional! Lord of Eggs! We shall rescue our wayward compan-companioen...camponion....friend!" [/colour]

With that, she raced off down the musty rows of books towards the dark and evil fortress of their arch-nemesis, Princess Meanie-Head the Evil and Uncool! With the combined might of her and the champion Jerky, who could stand against them?

Slightly bothered by the fact that Moondust set free the prisoner, Dawn simply waved her hoof in the direction of the forest, signaling that Moonlight should leave. She hadn't any time to say anything or argue with Moondust's reasoning for setting loose the egg wizard.

"Fine, just go back to King Rell Wheeled or what ever. Me, Manny, and.....Odee Estee? Will be rebuilding Fort Book in the skies."

She turned to Allanon, who saluted after declaring he is ODST and ready for further instruction. Had he been a part a Fort Book? Maybe he was one of the foals that were to busy playing tag to realize that the fort building had begun. Or was he just late. Dawn pushed these thoughts to the back of her head, remembering to stay in character.

"Manny, I have heard the prisoner is gone, but we have more worrying issues at the moment. Lady Manzanita and pony with a strange name I will learn in the future; must build our way to the top of the bookcase!!- Err, I mean, to the top of Bookite Mountain!!?"

With Moondust dismissed and orders given to the others,Dawn hurridly began to push a few chairs and table over to the base of Bookite Mountain. They say things done hastily always wind up going wrong, but when there's an army approaching, either you rush, or you get conquered.

Moondust bolted quicly into the forest nearby, going significantly deep enough before finding Moonlight and the Eggnomancer.[colour=#800080] "I couldn't get inside, they don't trust me, Seeing as how i took off already. When does the king plan on sending his forces?"[/colour] She looked at both of them, and they looked somewhat confused.[colour=#800080] "You didnt ask, did you?" [/colour]she snarled at them.[colour=#800080] "Go back to the King and ask him when he plans on sending his troops. I will figure something out. Eggnomancer, come over here, i need to speak with you in private."[/colour] She gestured for him to come over, while Moonlight raced back to the king for instructions.

Manny began stacking books on her back and took them to the princess to build. Being an earth pony had its gifts, Manny was proud of her strength. She could pull more than anyone in her classes and sure she wasn't all that smart but she knew being strong would help Fort Book.

"Wait a minute Moondust! They didnt even wanted to capture you or anything? They just let you to go away?"-Moonlight looked at Moondust with a confused face than she started to laugh. "I thought they are wiser than this."-she said.

Allanon shook his head "No, I am a Spartan. My ODST soldiers will be arriving about...now."

As Allanon finished, three or four drop pods collided with the ground, and opened. Soldiers hopped out of the pods, and assembled into four squads.

"My men and I will give you cover as you build. Not to mention that Spirit of Fire has MAC guns at the ready..." Allanon said as he walked to his men.

Helios figured that he had left enough time. He tried to draw his enchanted sword, but it stuck fast in its scabbard. Strange, it normally responded to his touch. Instead he held up a hoof and concentrated and a blade of pure shadow materialised in his hoof. Much better. Plus it goes with the armour of almost solid shadow that clad his body. He trotted forwards and turned to the assorted ponies. "It is time! Your failure has been noted, Moondust, but if anything I believe in second chances. If we wait any longer, then the walls themselves shall crumble with old age! Now come! Look to me! The dawn of a new age is nigh! For Helios!" he shouted, much to the cheering of the shadow ponies.

As one, the body of shadow ponies marched in rank, with Helios at the front. Then nothing happened. No return fire. Nothing. Helios raised his sword and slashed the air downwards, and all the shadow ponies charged into the fort. There was no way possible they could of learned about their attack. Maybe they saw the prisoner escape, well it had to be either that or... Moondust. Helios was suddenly filled with an unquenchable rage. He span around, and it was as if a cloak of darkness suddenly surrounded him. He stomped over to Moondust, and pulled out his blade which then morphed into an executioner's axe. "Hold her down," he hissed.

Allanon chuckled at the sight of the shadows. "Let 'em have it, boys! Give them the MAC rounds!"

"MAC gun Alpha firing." Said a voice in the radio, and a violent explosion hit the incoming army, wiping out a good many troops. The Spartan was unaffected by the enemy weaponry thanks to his reinforced armor, just like the ODST soldiers.\

"Oi! Challenging an army that has kept the Covenant off this land is unwise!" Allanon said as he approached Helios."Do you have any idea how hard we worked to keep your asses safe? I am touched that you would thank us in this way." Allanon said sarcastically as he kicked the blade from Helios' hands.

"Vultures inbound, sir!" A soldier said into Allanon's radio.

"Ah, goodie. The party's here." Allanon said as he watched the massive gunships fly in, cannons constantly repelling their challengers.

(Well to be honest I too am more than a little confused. I'm pretty sure these shadow ponies and shadow armour and all that are just imagination. And Helios is imagining attacking the fort, when in reality he just trotted up to it, saw nopony was in, then trotted away again. I think. This whole MAC cannon business though is now throwing me off. I mean there's nothing it's representing. I only used the shadow ponies to emulate an army, but then you guys fled anyway. If it had come to blows, then the shadow ponies would have just been cannon fodder, as they're pure imagination. I think.)

( i was gonna join in but all teh crazys started happening :P,.....actually meh ill join)

Name:Heartfire Blackdust

Heartfire was just strolling down the street when he hears strange noises from the library, he is a little afraid, but he goes in to the sound of: Woosh, BOOM, Bang and childrens laughter are aparrent, he goes further in and sees a Large Fortress made of books"Wow" he said to himself in astonishment he knocks on what looks like the fort Entrance"Hello?, is anypony there?"

((Well, could we just pretend the whole MAC canon thing never happened and start from where Helios's (Cainiam's) shadow army entered Fort Book? I mean, i guess anything is allowed in this RP since it is partially based on imagination, but no guns or crazy stuff. These are just small fillies and colts after all...anyway back to the RP!! (someone should really make an OOC forum))

Dawn turned to her opponent, who has begun to invade what was Fort Book. Either she and her subjects had to get to the top of Bookite Mountain (the really high bookcase) now or risk being caught and having to fight to that crazed king and his army.

The shoddy staircase of tables and chairs finished, the princess perked up slightly. Fort Book still had a chance!! She began ushering and forcing her subjects to the top of of Bookite Mountain.

[colour=#F62817]"C'mon everypony!! Let's go!! We haven't any time to spare!! Lady Manzanita, Allanon, to the summit of the mountain!! Full speed ahead!!"[/colour]

She was getting desperate. She wanted to have her kingdom live on. This could only be accomplished if everypony would climb faster!!

((Oh, and Browneh, the RP started in the library, with EVERYPONY in it , as it was closed for "renovations", but seeing as how you just waltzed in here.... :D oh well...))