Character Interviews! Now looking for Writer OCs.

swan_dive_mlp_by_karyobinga-d4th8sw.png

See this mare here? She wants to talk to you. Yeah. You.

My newest OC is a mare named

Swan Dive, who runs a publication distributed in at least Canterlot and probably by subscription to other places as well. Now she likes all of the ponies. All of them. Not in that way, you perv. But she'd like to hear and publish the stories of almost any pony. Ya don't have to be famous, ya don't have to be talented, ya don't even have to be interesting in some way. She will find some way to make a good story off you! And promptly publish it, so if you don't want attention then this is not for you.

So how this'll work is that the interview will take place in any method of your choice. Public RP, Private RP, PMRP. And Swan Dive may either have arranged a meeting with your OC or have spontaneously run into them, either way. Be sure to give me details if you chose to do this, details about what you want to happen really help me!

With each interview I'll put together an article-like post and post it on some kind of super thread for the interviews. For the reading pleasure/displeasure/responses of the public at large.

So is this a good idea? Feedback? Want to try? Let's see those posts!

Swan's Currently Interviewing...

1. Rackenhammer (Flying Brick , Public)

2. hinata2000100 (Twilight Shine, Public)

3. Bellosh101 (Dr. Spin Tale, Private/Public)

4. Phil the Time Wizard (Rarity, Public)

5. Steel Eagle (Bon Bon, Public)

She Will Promptly Interview...

1. Templar Frost, (Percival, ?)

2. Lux (?, Public)

3. osprey77 (Thes, Public)

4. Fireheart ([colour=#282828]Sweet Melody, Public)[/colour]

[colour=#282828]5. Robikku Pegasus (Vinyl Scratch, ?)[/colour]

[colour=#000000]To the Writer OCs,[/colour]

[colour=#000000]I am hoping to start the Super Thread soon, and this is currently what I have worked out for it. It will be Swan Dive's office, wherever she works from (in Canterlot), and whenever I finish an interview the full article will be posted in that thread. So I'm looking for OCs who are in anyway desiring a professional writing career to be interns/secretaries/whatever working in that thread, so it's not totally void of stuff while I don't have interviews to make into articles! Just say if you're interested.[/colour]

I'm also very interested in this idea... and I know just who to use. I'd like to set up a RP (any type other than PM, I have no real preference) where my curator OC Dr. Spin Tale takes Swan Dive on a tour through the Canterlot Army Historical Museum. In other words, I can finally RP my OC doing his job for the first time! :D

Ooh, this sounds like fun. I think all of the following characters of mine could probably make for an amusing interview. Take your pick:

Rarity's as good as anything for me if that's what you want. She loves doing interviews. ;)

And if that goes well, I'll request a second interview with somepony else. :)

Edit: oh, and I'm fine with it being public. ;)

Alright, I'll take out Flying Brick for my interview; she's not in anything right now and I think she'd make for a good story.

As for type, I'm fine with it being public. She's a street acrobat, so it'd most likely start off with Swan Dive watching her practice/perform, and asking for an interview afterwards.

Rarity's as good as anything for me if that's what you want. She loves doing interviews. ;)

And if that goes well, I'll request a second interview with somepony else. :)

Edit: oh, and I'm fine with it being public. ;)

Alright. I'll open it and PM you the link when I'm done.

It can be public; I'm fine with that. :D

Read the above. Really, that is all I have to say.

Got a question: what does a Private RP actually entail if it's not conducted through PM?

It means nobody ever enters... or even reads it, for that matter. It is solely between the two of you.

Alright, I'll take out Flying Brick for my interview; she's not in anything right now and I think she'd make for a good story.

As for type, I'm fine with it being public. She's a street acrobat, so it'd most likely start off with Swan Dive watching her practice/perform, and asking for an interview afterwards.

Refer to first post. Sorry for the dry responses, my personality is slowly being drained over the course of this evening.

Very interesting. I'm in, not sure for who yet.

Heh. Pathfinder getting interviewed could be hilarious... :lol:

Though, Octavia does probably need to get interviewed at some point too... :razz:

And Bon Bon and Valen and... yeah, I see why you wouldn't be sure... :?:

I have a couple of charactrs that Swan Dive can interview. For the sake of narrowing them down, I'll pick the three that I think you'll have fun with the most.

First there's Sky Flare - http://www.canterlot.com/topic/5401-sky-flare-final/page__hl__%2Bsky+%2Bflare He's a stunt pony that loves trying out new tricks. He's from Cloudsdale, but you can see him in Ponyville too. His main reason for an interview would be to get his name out there.

Next, there's Carrot Top - http://www.canterlot.com/topic/10895-tier-3-carrot-top-final/ She's a carrot farmer from Ponyville who loves meeting new ponies. If you want Swan to learn about farming selling carrots, she's your mare!

Lastly there's Sweet Surprise - http://www.canterlot.com/topic/4898-earth-sweet-surprise-finished/page__hl__+sweet+surprise This hyperactive sugar fueled pony lives and works in Canterlot selling candies. She will answer just about any question in her own special way. Her motive is... well, she just likes to meet new ponies and being able to talk is just a plus for her.

Now any of these three can be used with either an open or private RP. If its open, then Swan will need to deal with customers/ friends, but oth the other hoof, she can interview them as well.

Octavia, as usual.

Pathfinder would be great, full-time adventurer with the rewards of it and insane Daring Do fanfilly.

Valen would be great as Gilded Lily. Initially anyway. PM for more details!

All Public!:)