Canterlot Voice Ep. 13 - British Aubergines

Tenkan

What's up, Canterlot?

Another day, another show! In this episode we've had the honor of chatting with Canterlot's local dilettante, and embrace the expanding community that is Canterlot.

The question stands: aubergine or Aubergine?

Audio Download: http://derpy.me/-vsvy

[colour=#000000]Episode 13[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Hosts[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Guests[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Featured Artist[/colour]

[colour=#000000]News[/colour]

• [colour=#000000]Season 3 Is Coming[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Creative Works[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Discussion[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Eggplant or Aubergine?[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Interview Included[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Shoutouts[/colour]

• [colour=#000000]Brainedbysaucepans: Shoutouts to Greed, Sins of Friendship & livestream viewers..[/colour]

• [colour=#000000]Tenkan to Davroth: I like what you’re doing![/colour]

• [colour=#000000]NemesisPon3/Mecha: Appreciation to Kryptchild for art inspiration.[/colour]

Music Credit:

[colour=#000000]Intro Song:[/colour][colour=#1155cc] ‘Pony Should Pony Pony’ by alllevelsatonce[/colour]

[colour=#000000]2nd Intro Song[/colour][colour=#000000]: ‘[/colour][colour=#1155cc]Epiphany’ by the Verdilac[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Creative Works Music: ‘[/colour][colour=#1155cc]Space Congos’ by Artax[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Interview Music: ‘[/colour][colour=#1155cc]Break or Be Broken’ by DannyMirage[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Shoutouts Music: [/colour][colour=#1155cc]’Structure’ by DannyMirage[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Outro Song:[/colour][colour=#000000] [/colour][colour=#1155cc]Winter Wrap Up Metalized’ by Bronyfied[/colour]

A big thanks to Artax and DannyMirage for letting us use their music. ;)

Your feedback is always appreciated. :)

• Like 5

YOU DIDN'T INVITE ME TO THE PARTY!!?

Edit: Sorry about that, that was brash. This was a VERY entertaining episode, and I as a user DEMAND Brained appear more. He made things far more entertaining, even before any news got underway!

• Like 1

My audio keeps cutting out :cry:

The question stands: aubergine or Aubergine?

The former... wait no! The latter! AUBERGINE!

:aubrey:

Also, I could listen to you say betenjan all day, Tenkan....

Beeetenjaan! :mad:

The section on what tools I use is already out of date by the way; Kryptchild has converted me to the ways of Paint Tool SAI, and I'm loving it!

EDIT: Did you cut my plug for my upcoming Aubrey Jean animation project... or did I just completely forget to mention it? I'm guessing the latter. :razz:

• Like 1

BrainedBySaucepans sounds so impossibly British. Like if I was from another country and I had to picture a British person speaking, this would be it XD

Great episode! I Look forward to the next one!

• Like 1

Interesting note: Noctriix had no idea what the lines I got from him were for. I just sent him the four lines, told him "GIVE ME THIS!" and he nailed it. Like a pro.

Hopefully people think it was worth it; I'm still not sure whether I should have done the whole "script" thing... but I had a laugh writing it. Hopefully I didn't alienate anyone with my bizarre attempt at comedy. If I did; sorry. :sad:

Also: "Second anniversary of the airing of the original airing"?!? You see, this is why I shouldn't be unscripted...

He was about to call Americans idiots! :-o

I don't eat egg.plants anyway so...yeah... :V there's no way I'd carve one..

I was also very surprised to see I was in the creative works section!

Why would that surprise you? You're fricken' awesome! I know if I had money I'd be ordering a pair of MLP shoes from you... I still might when I get my next paycheck :D

I'm a "joke-religion-swinger", meaning I follow hilarious religions (FSM, Potterism, Modern-Bible1) for about a week. But in all of those that I or friends make up, I always make it a rule to make the egg word illegal, instead to be replaced with aubergine. It never really effects us (we don't particularly like aubergines), but it's still a rule. In retrospect, I could probably remove the first sentence. F'naaa.

1: Thinking about how different the Bible would be if it took place today, and acting out random scenes from it with the modern twist.

I'm a "joke-religion-swinger", meaning I follow hilarious religions (FSM, Potterism, Modern-Bible1) for about a week. But in all of those that I or friends make up, I always make it a rule to make the egg word illegal, instead to be replaced with aubergine. It never really effects us (we don't particularly like aubergines), but it's still a rule. In retrospect, I could probably remove the first sentence. F'naaa.

1: Thinking about how different the Bible would be if it took place today, and acting out random scenes from it with the modern twist.

Have you considered Discordianism?

SAUCY: I CAN'T EVEN POSSIBLY EXPLAIN HOW MUCH I LOVE HOW YOU EXPLOITED MY VOCAL CHORDS...

Plus..... I would Love to work with you personally, we could script out the whole thing. Imagine the entertainment value we could create :lol:

Tenkan: I DUBBED HIM AS SAUCY FIRST

• Like 1

Why would that surprise you? You're fricken' awesome! I know if I had money I'd be ordering a pair of MLP shoes from you... I still might when I get my next paycheck :D

The artist that have been shouted out on here or featured are extremely talented. Artists like Brian, Krypt, Popcorn Puff, I'd expect to be on the podcast, not me. :|

For the end shout out, If only you'd have checked the calendar and known you were gonna post this the day before Davroth's own birthday... :lol:

Great episode though. I know it couldn't have been easy following up on my scintillating guest appearance from the last episode, but I'd say BrainedBySaucepans did a halfway decent job of doing just that. He's quite the personality and was great to listen to for the duration of the show. ;)

He also definitely deserves the artist feature, as he can draw a pretty good pony in my opinion. I really need to actually remember to drop by his livestream some day like I keep saying I will, especially since I made a request of him not too long ago. :blush:

Also, egg[colour=#330000]plant [/colour]or aubergine?

The answer is still sand cat. :smug:

300px-Sand_Cat.jpg

• Like 2

The artist that have been shouted out on here or featured are extremely talented. Artists like Brian, Krypt, Popcorn Puff, I'd expect to be on the podcast, not me. :-|

I know that feeling, but the difference between us is that you're a genuinely good artist, while I'm just a dilettante who occasionally gets lucky. XD

And Phil, you see how worried that sandcat in your post looks? That's cos he can see the army of aubergines marching forth in their snazzy black uniforms. He knows his days are numbered, and is worried that he may even have gone insane, as there's no way aubergines could ever march. Especially not in such a disciplined and menacing manner. So, as he contemplates his own mortality, and the eventual decay of function that takes hold of every creature with a brain, he knows the superiority of our vegetative overlords, who wait in silent judgement. Then, a shocking realisation overtakes him, it isn't the judgement of the aubergine that he fears, not even the judgement of his fellow sandcats, but his own self-judgement. He knows that there is no way he can ever achieve the lofty ambitions he held as a sand-kitten, and he sees that innocent bright young creature looking at what he has become. The worst thing is that his younger self wouldn't be angry, or even sad. Those could be dealt with. No, all he sees in those bright orbs is quiet disappointment. He knows that any arguments of the realities of life, will fall on deaf ears, but still he must try. So he opens his mouth, stares directly into that quiet, mournful gaze and says:

"SOOO CUUTE!"

• Like 1

I know that feeling, but the difference between us is that you're a genuinely good artist, while I'm just a dilettante who occasionally gets lucky. XD

And Phil, you see how worried that sandcat in your post looks? That's cos he can see the army of EGG.PLANTS marching forth in their snazzy black uniforms. He knows his days are numbered, and is worried that he may even have gone insane, as there's no way EGG.PLANTS could ever march. Especially not in such a disciplined and menacing manner. So, as he contemplates his own mortality, and the eventual decay of function that takes hold of every creature with a brain, he knows the superiority of our vegetative overlords, who wait in silent judgement. Then, a shocking realisation overtakes him, it isn't the judgement of the EGG.PLANT that he fears, not even the judgement of his fellow sandcats, but his own self-judgement. He knows that there is no way he can ever achieve the lofty ambitions he held as a sand-kitten, and he sees that innocent bright young creature looking at what he has become. The worst thing is that his younger self wouldn't be angry, or even sad. Those could be dealt with. No, all he sees in those bright orbs is quiet disappointment. He knows that any arguments of the realities of life, will fall on deaf ears, but still he must try. So he opens his mouth, stares directly into that quiet, mournful gaze and says:

"SOOO CUUTE!"

I think that's what he meant to say, Phil...

post-1275-135039975363_thumb.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

And Phil, you see how worried that sandcat in your post looks? That's cos he can see the army of EGG.PLANTS marching forth in their snazzy black uniforms. He knows his days are numbered, and is worried that he may even have gone insane, as there's no way EGG.PLANTS could ever march. Especially not in such a disciplined and menacing manner. So, as he contemplates his own mortality, and the eventual decay of function that takes hold of every creature with a brain, he knows the superiority of our vegetative overlords, who wait in silent judgement. Then, a shocking realisation overtakes him, it isn't the judgement of the EGG.PLANT that he fears, not even the judgement of his fellow sandcats, but his own self-judgement. He knows that there is no way he can ever achieve the lofty ambitions he held as a sand-kitten, and he sees that innocent bright young creature looking at what he has become. The worst thing is that his younger self wouldn't be angry, or even sad. Those could be dealt with. No, all he sees in those bright orbs is quiet disappointment. He knows that any arguments of the realities of life, will fall on deaf ears, but still he must try. So he opens his mouth, stares directly into that quiet, mournful gaze and says:

"SOOO CUUTE!"

I think that's what he meant to say, Phil...

post-1275-135039975363_thumb.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

How dare you take my words and twist them for your own ends. The same fate awaits you that is held aside for all spin doctors, journalists, politicians and radio sports commentators. You think I won't find you? You're probably right, but maybe I don't have to. Someday the buzzards will descend, and when they do, I'll probably be kind of upset, after all, you seem like a pretty nice chap, and I'm probably getting way too worked up over a word, but then I'll remember what you did today and laugh.

<3 ♥ Awwww, I love you guys toooooo! ♥ <3

I'm all tearing up now! Guh... I was actually getting really frustrated with a sketch I was doing and stuck in the middle of a huge motivation slump while I was listening then all your love just made me smile and it started turning around.

Danget I can't draw through these tears now ;A;

• Like 4