[Fillydelphia] The Itailian Job Act 1: Planning Phase [Open!]

Snowshoe

" He said and trotted over behind Squall. He began to examine some of the songs alongside his fellow sword stallion. "Ehh... I'm indifferent to all of these songs. You can pick one, preferably if it is a duet."

[colour=green]"Indifferent? Really? Where had you been, when the Rock and Roll Age came?"[/colour] Swift expressed his disbelief, at Dunder comment. [colour=green]"No duets, sorry. And I don't think you can sing any of these...unless you can pull a guttural growl singing voice. To be honest I was thinking about myself when choosing those."[/colour]

"We should save a slow and female singer song for Fire when we give her enough cider. Or if she gets brave and goes up sober." Dunder said and glanced over at her.

[colour=green]"Ohh come on, she's not so..."[/colour] unicorn started but was cut short by Fire complains...which in turn was stopped by Fire herself, with confusion over half empty mug.

[colour=green]"Thank Celestia that I am a teetotaller."[/colour] he shook his head while seeping his pineapple juice.

At the same time, swordstallion was listening carefully to each word of newly arrived pony.

[colour=green]"That accent...what an coincidence...he's an Itailan. And from Roam if I am not wrong. Must left it quite a while ago, it's barely noticeable."[/colour] he muttered quietly to Dunder and both sisters. [colour=green]"Athletic...somewhat. Lacks any military training."[/colour] he added. His life experiences allowed Swift Squall to deduce such basic informations easily, just by watching other ponies in motion or hearing them talk.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunder smiled and listened to Fire's suggestions. Of course they were all good, but Swift was probably going to either sing solo for now or pick a song Dunder didn't like. The hug caught hi off guard, but he quickly hugged back and nuzzled the side of Wind's neck, he felt better knowing she didn't hate him. She was a good hugger. And this hug only reminded him of his resolve that he and Fire and her would have to hang out more.

"I was nowhere when the Rock and Roll age came...I think. I don't remember a lot of the music stuff too well. Besides my brother being into the electronic music." He said, "And no way I am screaming... just pick something you fool."

Dunder facehooves when he heard Swift's description, "Of course e is from Itaily, he said 'Saluti' and even said he was from Itaily. And of course he has no military training, most ponies don't even know how to hold a blade."

Abbot nodded to the two stallions. [colour=#add8e6]“Saluti… no need to draw a blade, I am a pony of peace,”[/colour] he said in jest as he made his way over to the bar. He seated himself at a bar stool and looked to Muggo’.

[colour=#add8e6]“I’ll have whatever’s on tap I suppose. These tattoos wouldn’t have much meaning unless you’re familiar with the mountain region of Itaily. They’re a sign of commitment to an order and more importantly a way of life… I left that a while ago though.”[/colour] He paused a bit setting his bags down with a clank.

He pulled a letter out of his coat pocket. It had silver foil edges and a symbol in the center. Abbot stared at the letter thoughtfully considering whether or not he should open it yet.

Muggo' Ale nodded. "They be pretty interestin'. Been wantin' one meself, right over me tail I think," he joked. He poured the Itailian a mug of his famous stout, passing it down the bar to him. "First one's free, don't worry, b'y," he said. He leaned over to look at the letter a bit.

"Fancy," he commented, before leaning away, giving him some privacy. "Anyway, welcome to the Prancin' Pony, b'y. Best bar in Fillydelphia, guaranteed," he joked with a warm smile.

[sorry for the delay and the short post, I'm honestly rather stuck]

Abbot gave a small smirk at Muggo’s comment. Tattoos were a mark of permanence, there was very little that could be done to remove them without a great deal of pain; perhaps he could work on something to fix that when he had some free time.

He carefully opened the envelope. It was from a monastery member back in Itaily, that much he could be certain of, the specific sender was another question. He had a hunch who it was though he hoped for it to be otherwise, for that would mean he’d have to do a good bit of traveling and deal with some unavoidable hazards.

He noticed the ponies from when he arrived quietly talking and occasionally glancing towards him. He wasn’t bothered by it, compared to most other cities he was invisible. He pulled the letter out and began to read.

[colour=#000000]Dear Abbot:[/colour]

[colour=#000000]It has been a considerable amount of time since we have talked and I know that you left on bad terms. But I have important matters relating to the monastery that I have decided to entrust to you.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]About a month ago a group of monastery researchers discovered an ancient temple that they believe contains several artifacts important not only to us but has also captured the interest of several Equestrian officials. Unfortunately the temple has been found to be filled with traps, along with the fact that several wolf tribes have moved in search of these artifacts the temple is no longer safe for our researchers. [/colour]

[colour=#000000]That’s where you are needed. you’ll be acting as the monasteries’ hooves and taking care of this situation. Money is no object in this task so all of your necessary expenses will be paid, as of this and the dangerous nature of your mission I suggest you find several able-bodied fighters experienced in these sort of tasks. Fillydelphia has a considerable number of mercenaries and adventurers use to overseas travel, I suggest you begin searching.[/colour]

[colour=#000000] Briar[/colour]

[colour=#008080]“I think I’m gonna’ need another drink.”[/colour] He spoke with a mix of dread and angst. How was he supposed to find any of these ponies and convince them of traveling all the way to Itaily?

Wind Walker gave up on her previous quest to find a pinball machine and instead stayed by Dunder's side like a lost puppy. "When did you have a brudder?", the little filly asked, "And do you have any sisters? Wouldn't it be neat if you did?", she tried her best not to be distracted, but the strange newcomer, along with some of the weird words that were coming out of Swift's mouth had confused the little pony.

She glanced over at Fire Walker, and started to open her mouth, but her elder sister was ready for her.

"Sir Swift is an teetotaller. He doesn't drink alcohol.", she started to see lip movement from the blue Pegasus, "He might be allergic to such drink, or he might not like the taste.", she added with a shrug, "There are plenty of other types of drinks out there. Just not sure I'd want to drink any of them at the moment."

"Oh wait. Who now is from Itaily?", Fire Walker foal-ishly asked, not even realizing there was only one pony in the group that she was unfamiliar with.

Dunder facehooves when he heard Swift's description, "Of course he is from Itaily, he said 'Saluti' and even said he was from Itaily. And of course he has no military training, most ponies don't even know how to hold a blade."

[colour=green]"Yeah, yeah, yeah...just old habit of mine."[/colour] Swift dismissed Dunder comment. Unicorn proceeded to move on stage.

"Oh wait. Who now is from Itaily?", Fire Walker foal-ishly asked, not even realizing there was only one pony in the group that she was unfamiliar with.

[colour=green]"Him."[/colour] Squall pointed at Abbot without looking. He was ready to sing, and sing he will! Swift took the microphone into his telekinetic grasp and closed his eyes as first beats of the song filled the room. The memory of the song words flashed through his mind.

[colour=green]"Your cruel device

Your blood like ice

One look could kill

My pain, your thrill

I want to love you, but I better not touch (Don't touch)

I want to hold you but my senses tell me to stop

I want to kiss you but I want it too much (Too much)

I want to taste you but your lips are venomous poison

You're poison runnin'thru my veins

You're poison, I don't want to break these chains!"[/colour]

At first Swift was just singing, but now he started swaying to the sides.

[colour=green]"Your mouth, so hot

Your web, I'm caught

Your skin, so wet

Black lace on sweat

I hear you calling and it's needles and pins (And pins)

I want to hurt you just to hear you screaming my name

Don't want to touch you but you're under my skin (Deep in)

I want to kiss you but your lips are venomous poison

You're poison, I don't want to break these chains

Poison[/colour]

Now everypony could notice that Swift singing got even more passionate. His eyes were open now, but he apparently didn't saw them.

[colour=green]One look could kill

My pain, your thrill

I want to taste you but your lips are venomous poison

You're poison, I don't want to break these chains

Poison

I want to taste you but your lips are venomous poison, yeah

I don't want to break these chains Poison, oh no

Runnin'deep inside my veins, Burnin'deep inside my veins

It's poison I don't want to break these chains[/colour]

Finally, the music stopped and the swordstallion singing did as well. Unicorn still breathed fast, yet he himself came back from reality. There were a strange sparkles in his eyes.

• 2 weeks later...

Dunder smiled down at Wind, giving her a pet on the mane as he responded to her question. "I do have a brother. Older than me. And two younger sisters, one mare, and one filly." He said to Wind Walker.

Dunder watched Swift go on stage, waving a hoof back, "Whatever. Go sing. And do it well!" He called after Swift as the unicorn go up on the stage. Dunder quickly trotted around, sitting in front of the stage, watching his friend make a complete idiot of himself. Dunder was bobbing his head up and down, scoots style to the beat of the song, watching his friend sing.

When swift was done, Dunder clapped his hooves, "Good job! Woo!" He cheered happily

• 2 weeks later...

Muggo' Ale leaned against the bar as he watched the tattooed Itailian pony read the letter. He wasn't going to read over his shoulder or anything like that, that'd be rude, but he was still curious. As a bartender he'd learned to watch his customers for subtle clues, changes in body language. Those that were having a great day would always order certain kinds of drinks, and certain types of food. Same as if they got bad news, or were having a bad day.

And with Abbott, the latter seemed more likely. Muggo' poured a second one for the stallion, noting his tone of voice. "Bad news, b'y?" he asked, leaning toward the pony and tilting his hat back. As any proper bartender should be, he was a great listener.

[by the by, guys...if you're doing karaoke, you're downstairs from the bar, so you wouldn't be able to see nor easily hear Muggo' and Abbott upstairs xD]

Fire Walker watched the unicorn make his way onto Muggo's makeshift stage and smiled peacefully as he started his song. As he went on and the mare carefully listened to his words, she started to turn a darker shade of red, "Oh dear.", she glanced over at her younger sister who was currently distracted by Dunder. She didn't seem to be happy about something. Sighing, the elder Pegasus turned back to the stage and continued to listen to the song. She tried to place the song itself. Had she heard it before? Sounded rather glam-rocky, but slow.

While the stallion would probably never land a recording deal, he put a good deal of his heart into the song itself and it showed. She tried to shake away the blush from her cheeks, but it only seemed to make them redder. She was rather happy that the only ponies that were currently with her, were three of the dearest friends she had ever had. The other very dear friend was upstairs with a somepony she did not yet know. Once he finished, she followed Dunder. "Yeah! Great song! Er. Woo!", she tried to bury her head into her dress, but stopped as she realized it just made things worse.

She now came into a understanding on how important booze played into Karaoke. Ponies trying their best to sing a song was fine, but failing miserably after snatching a few shots of Everfree was far more entertaining. Still, she had to get up and sing! Wind Walker had mentioned that she had a good singing voice in the past. But what would she sing? As she passed Swift Squall, she brushed up against him lightly and kissed his cheek. She made her way towards the stage where her younger sister was holding one of the karaoke tapes. "Here! Sing this!"

Fire snatched up the tape and placed it into the proper slot and waited. "Seriously? Sugarmares?". While she would outright deny any knowledge of such a poppy band, the little filly obviously heard her sister sing this particular song while in the shower the previous day. "Right. Let's get this over with.", she groaned hoping her slight annoyance had chased the extra red from her snout and cheeks. The mare quickly cuffed the microphone Swift had been using before and helped set up the extra microphone for the filly. Once they were ready, she started up the machine and waited for her cue. The song started with a rather bouncy beat. The mare glanced into the small teleprompter and started to sing. While she would never have gained a musician cutie mark, she had a decent voice. Wind Walker actually tried her best as well and managed to keep up with her sister.

[colour=#800000]"Somewhere in the back of my mind. Secretly I know you will find. Me amongst the blushing and glow. Deep beyond the things I don't show

Mystery's a beautiful thing. What a gift a mare can bring. Never let it out just like that. Let him slowly figure it out."[/colour]

The song was meant to be sung with a trio, but the two mares were able to make it work slightly, although Fire seemed to dwell on a few words and started to realize why her sister picked this song.

[colour=#800000]"How can a flower bloom Just over a day? And at night. You gotta let the water drain in.

I didn't wanna fall in love with you. I didn't wanna know the things I knew. It wasn't till I looked into the mirror -Denial"[/colour]

She glanced over at Swift as she added, [colour=#800000]"You were like a power of nature. Telepathic beautiful creature. Understanding all of my weakness. Patient, loving, knowing you'd reach it."[/colour], she started to dance a little, which started Wind Walker to do the same. She kept a slow pace as not to step on the ends of her dress.

[colour=#800000]"Cynical and hurt was just me. You were never supposed to be. Part of what I would call amazing. Took so long to finally see

How can a flower bloom. Just over a day? And at night. You gotta let the water drain in."[/colour]

Goodness, this was a long song! It was meant to be sung quickly, but the lyrics really started to slap her a bit silly. It was a poppy song, but there was some truth behind it. Thankfully she managed to squeak out one more part of the song.

[colour=#800000]"I didn't wanna fall in love with you. I didn't wanna know the things I knew. It wasn't till I looked into the mirror. Denial"[/colour]

The song ended and both mares took a bow.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Wind Walker made her way back to Dunder, "And seriously! You have a sister. A little sister? And we haven't hung out before? She's probably my age and probably really really cool! Unless she's like a little bitty baby, I demand we get to hang out sometime in the future!", she made a face that would be best described as 'squishy' and waited for the stallion's answer. "Also, one of these days you are so going to tell me what you, Fire, Docket and Zelda were doing that one time in Fire's room. When you visited us for the first time and met mum and dad and some of the brothers. Fire said she was playing 'Clouds and Cumulus' with you guys, but that's a game for only two players, and I know the board games are all in the living room."

(Song.

picked it randomly...And some of the lyrics do sort of reflect how Fire is feeling..weird.)

Abbot gave a half hearted smile at Muggo’. [colour=#add8e6]“Yeah, I guess you could say that.”[/colour]

He finished off the first drink with a single gulp and set the empty mug back down. [colour=#add8e6]“The real issue is going to be finding the type of ponies on this letter.”[/colour] He slid the letter over to Muggo’ and pulled out a bag filled with bits. [colour=#add8e6]“How I could be expected to find anyone who knows how to fight and is willing to go all the way to Itaily is beyond me, even if ‘money isn’t an object’.”[/colour] He said the last mark mimicking the deep voice of an older stallion he was all too familiar with.

[colour=#add8e6]“Why can’t I ever get a letter just saying hello or asking how I’ve been.”[/colour] He grumbled to himself and began to chug the second drink.

[colour=#add8e6]“I shouldn’t bother you with any of this but after a while things like this get to you.”[/colour] he motion towards the letter, [colour=#add8e6]“the last time I got one of those I ended up with singed fur for months.”[/colour] He shuddered thinking back to his last visit to Itaily.

• 2 weeks later...

[colour=green]"Oh stop the false flattery, both of you. I was utterly horrible, nothing like the real thing."[/colour] unicorn known his friends enough already to recognize when they were faking it. [colour=green]"This..somehow sounded better in my head. I learned this from the original performers. Was employed as their bodyguard for three months in my previous...job."[/colour] Swift confessed as he walked off stage.

After both morning session, and energy draining singing Squall founded himself quite hungry. They should bring some appetizers downstairs - sworstallion decided that he will fetch them. But only after hearing the sisters song of choice.

As he was pondering deeply in his own little world, what snacks to bring, the red mare brushed against him. Swift not being quite in the same 'dimension' as others right now concluded that this was unintentional. But kiss on the cheek got his reaction. After Fire passed him already, he slowly lifted hoof to his face. Did she...kissed him? Naaah, must been just his imagination. Swift still blushed at the thought of his crush kissing him.

And then, as first words flowed from the stage, Swift Squall founded that he was not able to lift his eyes from them. Now was even more apparent that both of them shared blood.

And when Fire looked directly at him, Swift gulped slightly. If he was not knowing better, unicorn could swore that the song both of them was singing had some hidden context.

[colour=green]"That was great. You voices indite very well."[/colour] Squall complimented the girls, as he rose from his seat.

As he walked near Dunder, he gave him friendly cuff to the shoulder with his telekinesis.

[colour=green]"You turn Blusty. Show us how much of pop star is in you. But wait for me to fetch some munchies."[/colour] count encouraged his pall. While he started climbing the stairs, he heard Wind 'silly' questions. Knowing full well what Dunder would answer if Wind was not underage unicorn just gnashed his teeth in mixture of envy, anger and disapproval of his pegasus friend lifestyle. Thanks Celestia that he was high enough already, so his friend couldn't see his face. Squall really didn't want to fell that way. Having this feeling towards Dunder made Swift a horrible friend. He just hoped that they mange to sort thees things out , during their trip to the Roam.

Shaking out the grim thoughts swordstallion walked to the counter behind which Muggo unquestionably governed. Swift chuckled at the imagination of Muggo' Ale, being cruel tyrant in "Prancingponylandia" - the collation was really funny, even if earth pony lacked evil looking goatee. Right now the 'dictator' seemed to be focused on comforting his newest customer.

[colour=green]"Sorry to interrupt. I Came for the appetizers...let's see...peanuts, salty sticks, sunflower seed and dried apple slices?"[/colour] he asked. Sworstallion concluded that such combination should satisfy everypony tastes. As barkeep searched for the stuff, Swift glanced at sitting itailian. This fellow seemed rather worried. That reminded Swift of something.

[colour=green]"If our little trip to Roam was to be successful, we better plan ahead. Say Muggo'....do you remember the hours at which train to Manehattan leaves? The liner will await there if I recall correctly."[/colour]

• 2 weeks later...

[Apologies for disappearing.]

Muggo' Ale looked over at Abbot, then raised an eyebrow and looked down at the letter. "No worries, b'y. Just so happens, I might know a group o' ponies that can be of assistance," he said. He and his friends, Dunder and Fire Walker, had been on a number of adventures together in the past, and this seemed like just another to add to an ever-growing resume.

Before he could say anything else, Swift came upstairs to see him. He nodded at the call for snacks, repeating the order to his kitchen crew through the small window at the back.

He looked back at the swordstallion and chuckled. "This is true, b'y. An' no, can't recall. Usually got an early one, the noon train...next one, by me count, leaves at 6:30," he guessed. Muggo' Ale shrugged. "I'd go check down at the station, if'n I were ya. Oh, an' by the by..." he tapped the letter that was on the bar, grinning at Swift Squall. "Go get me featherbrain an' Fire Walker when yer down there. Got somethin' to run by all of ya," he said. This could be quite the adventure, he decided. At least it would be interesting...a trip to Roam, followed by a trip through an ancient temple? It sounded like an amazing trip.

"Trust me, b'y. I think ya'll like it," he assured Swift, passing him a few bowls as they were passed through the window from the kitchen.

[colour=#add8e6]“Really?”[/colour] Abbot looked towards Muggo’ with surprise, which was soon replaced with his previous expressions. [colour=#add8e6]“Well, that makes sense that he would have me end up in Fillydelphia; if that is the case then he’ll have already made preparations for me, it’s not like I can refuse anyway.”[/colour] He pulled out a fair sum of bits, certain he had more than the cost of his drinks as to give tip, and hoofed them to Muggo’.

[colour=#add8e6]“Thank you for the assistance in this… issue. I am very grateful and I’m sure my order will be even more so.”[/colour] He began to drink as he waited to meet these friends of Muggo’s. hopefully with their help this trip won’t be too long.

Dunder looked down at the pegasus filly as she trotted over. The question was expected, "Yeah." He said with a small smile, "She's a filly, and yeah, about your age. Maybe a little younger. Though she's big, and some ponies are reminded of me a lot by her, since we act similarly." Dunder said and smiled, but the next question caught him completely off guard. He knew he had to respond in a way to stop the questions but in a way to not be too audacious. "We were just...ding adult things. Playing secret, forbidden adult games. Don't worry about it, you'll get there." He said casually, even if she was older, there was no way he'd tell his ex's siblings what they had done.

"Oh! Hey, look it's mine turn!" He said and made a quick escape to the stage. Out of the frying pan into the fire. He quickly began cycling through the tapes on the stage. He stopped on a band he recognized. Appropriately enough, they sung in Itailian. He grinned, taking out the tape, labeled "

." He didn't speak Itailian, but his tongue was trained and Mexicolt was a similar language.

He wasn't all that much of a singer. His voice wasn't a hidden gem, but there was a reason he didn't get a cutie mark in music. He trotted up to the mic, getting on his hind legs and wrapping his forehooves around it, he began to sing after the initial instrumental.

In a perfect accent, almost as if he knew what the lyrics meant, he sang:

"Questo è il tuo tempo, non lo lasciare

Un vento che passa e che non tornerà mai

Corre veloce senza esitare

Non guarda indietro il tempo che se ne va"

The instrumental kicked in again, and Dunder began to bob his head and flick his tail side to side at the beat, he leaned back to the mic, looking more into it now.

"Questo è il tuo tempo, sta in fondo al cuore

Pulsa col sangue e corre forte nelle vene

E' il tuo respiro, non lo sprecare

Brucia in un rimpianto se ti perdi ad aspettare

Politicanti, gente che tace

Tempi di guerra, ma in un tempo di pace

Tempi moderni da consumare

Segui adesso il ritmo, questo è il tempo di saltare!"

He said with gusto, leaning into the mic so much it tipped forward a bit.

"Viva la vida, muera la muerte

Viva la vida, muera la muerte

Que viva, la vida!" He said, closing his eyes and raised a hoof, hoofpumping to the beat as he sang. He was now consumed by the music, his head bobbing and his hips rocking to the beat of the music.

"Non è più tempo di lamentarsi

E di chiamare pubblici gli affari privati

Non è più tempo dei moderati

Sempre fermi al centro senza voglia di cambiare

Politicanti, gente che tace

Tempi di guerra, ma in un tempo di pace

Sogni precari da consumare

Segui adesso il ritmo, questo è il tempo di saltare!

Que viva, la vida!" He sang loudly, his voice almost as loud as the speakers blasting the music and Dunder's words. He was panting now

As the final instrumental played, he stood there for a moment, trying not to breath heavily. He got back on all fours, and as if he was embarassed, he trotted off the stage slowly.

"Ho-Boy, you tried the whole bodyguard thing too?", the mare let out a rather quick chuckle, "When I first took leave from the R.E.A, I managed to snag a little job babysitting a rather er..", she paused to ponder her next few words, "Loud-mouthed gasbag of a mage named Spellbound. His father threw a rather impressive bag of bits at me to watch over him for a bit. Thought I would learn a few things, enjoy the sights and sounds in Manehattan and end up with another high paying job. Instead I spent most of the time in a rather lovely little park listening to the mage blather on about himself. I did however manage to run into a rather impressive mare named Lady Arcana. She was as smart as a kick to the flank and downright fascinating, but was a rather contemptuous sort of character. And as they'd say in Trottingham, she was a bit on the 'dodgey' side. ", Fire Walker kept a wide smile on her fuzzy red face as the unicorn walked on.

**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ******** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ******** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****

"Well.", the smaller mare was not completely won over by his answer, "Maybe one of these days you can drop her off at the house for the weekend and I can show her around town. Ooh!", Wind Walker's eyes budged open as an idea quickly found its way into her little bitty pony head, "My friend Sweet Cents has a very new and super-cool tree-house that her parents just put up. Mind you, it's not so much a tree-house, but a small country house they built into an old tree! She can stay over for the night and we can do sleepover things! And you wouldn't worry, cause the 'tree-house' is staffed with servants and such. It will be a shed-load of fun!", she nodded her head as he mentioned the 'forbidden adult games'. "Oh right! Like Poker and Twister! I'm not into cards that much, but I did try to play Twister with Fast Track and some filly friends of mine last winter. Things were going pretty well, until Cinnamon Tart missed her blue circle and fell right on top of Fastie! He got all red in the face and had to excuse himself. Could never get him to play it again.", she patted him on the back as the older stallion bravely made his way off to the 'stage'.

**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ******** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ******** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****

It was now Dunder's turn to sing. Unlike Swift Squall, Fire had heard the stallion sing before. He sang in the shower. He sang in his sleep. He also sometimes would sing while he practiced his swordplay, but this would be the first time she would hear him sing a full song while on stage. This should be interesting. Like the others, Dunder was no professional singer, but he really pushed his vocal skills to the limit. She didn't understand a single word he said, nor could she tell if he was saying the words correctly , but she believed he was able to pull it all off rather well. Once he finished, both sisters pounded their front hooves, "Alright Dunders!", Fire Walker cheered, thankful that his strange words did not summon any elder beasts or dark minions of forgotten necromancers. She gave the fuzzy brown pony a friendly hug the moment he got near. "Guess we better get with Muggo and see what our plans are. Before we left home, our mail-pony dropped off my tickets, along with pretty much everything we need to know about this little trip. It's in my saddlebags."

Quillhart walked through the town with heavy hoofs and with his saddlebag tightly strapped by his side. The bag rattled and rustled in the rhythm to his hoof steps. His brown fur was covered with dust and his two coloured brown mane sprawled more than usual. He had bruises all over his hoofs but his eyes were steady and he had a decisively face. His black squared glasses had a crack straight through the right lens. He looked a bit dangerous but he was unarmed, ponies glared at him as he walked past them but nopony stopped by him to ask him about his wounds.

If a pony knew anything about this pony, he would know that he was rather harmless. Quillhart was never armed and he truly disliked to hurt his fellow ponies. He was very shy but still very kind and loyal to all those he called his friends. He was a writer and that could be seen by his cutiemark; A quill writing in a book. What a pony couldn't see was that he was also an adventurer. He experienced adventures and wrote about them, he was often a bit bullied by other adventures for not being so violent. He had been called names many times in his days, names like: Quillsword and the walking book. But he didn't mind that, he was used to it.

Quillhart walked by the bar when he suddenly stopped realizing what it was. He smiled to himself, he could really have use for a refreshing drink. He walked to the door and lifted his hoof to open it but he hesitated. He had never been here before, they might not be so welcoming to somepony in his current shape. He shook his head. [colour=#daa520]"A fair try, half received I guess"[/colour] And so he slowly opened the door and tried to sneak in without anypony noticing. pity enough, that attempt was blown by the door bell. He jumped a little because of the sudden sound. He recovered quickly and tried to keep his face cool, hoping that nopony had noticed his sudden movement. He noticed somepony that looked to be a bartener but he was busy talking to some mysterious pony with a shaved head. He could recognize on his accent that he was Itailian. He sneaked in thinking that it would be best to let them talk alone. He could hear a crowd of ponies speaking underneath him and he decided to walk downstairs to see if there was somepony that he knew down there. He walked down silently and saw a room filled with ponies. Some of them had heard him and turned to watch the new guest, many of those didn't go back to their drinks. He stood still, trying to ignore the glances he gained, he tried to see if he could see somepony he recognize. He noticed a red Pegasus by one table according to a friends description of a friend. He trotted over and felt really awkward. [colour=#daa520]"Ehm... I'm sorry... But is it possible that you are Fire Walker? Sorry..."[/colour] He didn't knew what he was doing, what he did now was against everything he'd ever done. He felt very uncomfortable with it.

(Excuse this extra and very short post..It's just to welcome a new player)

The red Pegasus slowly and silently went through her pack while the others tend to their snack needs. Her ears perked up at the sound of her name, causing her to glance up and towards the pony whose voice it belonged to. "That's me. Who are yo..", she stopped short the moment she noticed his cutie mark. It was a book and quill. It was a long shot, and while there were probably a zillion ponies out there with some sort of book type mark on their flank, she just had to ask. "Is it Docket? Are you one of her coworkers? Something didn't happen, did it? She was going to meet us here, but couldn't. Too much work in the office."

"Go get me featherbrain an' Fire Walker when yer down there. Got somethin' to run by all of ya," he said. This could be quite the adventure, he decided. At least it would be interesting...a trip to Roam, followed by a trip through an ancient temple? It sounded like an amazing trip.

[colour=green]"You mean...?"[/colour] Swift asked, turning his head slightly to Abbot side. Unicorn took a glint in barkeeper eyes as the confirmation.

[colour=green]"Sure."[/colour] he nodded simply. On the side note, Swift started pondering over Muggo way of speaking. Unicorn traveled all over Equestria, yet the Prancing Pony owner happened to have one of the thickest accents he ever heard. So thick in fact that Squall had some trouble understanding him. It was embarrassing actually, since Swift took the pride in being a polyglot. Thankfully being able to read lip movements made him understand earth pony words, even if half of the sounds Muggo' made sounded like a gibberish.

"Trust me, b'y. I think ya'll like it," he assured Swift, passing him a few bowls as they were passed through the window from the kitchen.

[colour=green]"We don't know each other very well yet. Don't take things for granted."[/colour] swordstallion with a faint smile while grabbing the appetizers with his telekinesis.

As swordstallion turned around, he noticed a newcomer. A rather...brown looking earth pony. And probably a shy type at that, as colt way of moving indicated - like if he didn't wanted to be noticed. Squall would ignore the juvenile, if not for the fact that Quillheart was heading downstairs.

[colour=green]"Sorry kid but that's private meeting. Hey...HEY!"[/colour] Swift tried to say, but unfortunately Dunder started singing and unicorn words sinked in the music and pegasus lyrics.

Irritated, he trotted after the colt, muttering something under his nose.

[colour=#daa520]"Ehm... I'm sorry... But is it possible that you are Fire Walker? Sorry..."[/colour]

Just as the Quillheart spoke his words the cound have placed his leg on earth pony back, right behind his head.

[colour=green]"Nice that you are. Because you see, no offense but this is for friends..."[/colour] unicorn started, stopping midway upon hearing Fire works.

[colour=green]"Wait...what? You know this guy to? What is this? 'Fire Walker Buddies Olympic'?"[/colour] Swift Squall asked, confused.

[colour=green]"W-whatever. I brought appetizers."[/colour]

[colour=#add8e6]“Really?”[/colour] Abbot looked towards Muggo’ with surprise, which was soon replaced with his previous expressions. [colour=#add8e6]“Well, that makes sense that he would have me end up in Fillydelphia; if that is the case then he’ll have already made preparations for me, it’s not like I can refuse anyway.”[/colour] He pulled out a fair sum of bits, certain he had more than the cost of his drinks as to give tip, and hoofed them to Muggo’.

[colour=#add8e6]“Thank you for the assistance in this… issue. I am very grateful and I’m sure my order will be even more so.”[/colour] He began to drink as he waited to meet these friends of Muggo’s. hopefully with their help this trip won’t be too long.

Muggo' Ale looked down at the bits, smiling a bit. Mmm, money. He wasn't greedy by any means, but it was always good to get some extra here and there, especially as he'd have to replace some brewing equipment soon.

"Celestia bless yer cotton socks, b'y. As for the crew I promised ya..." he looked up as the door bell rang when Quill stepped in. He waved and gave his customary greeting. "How's ya gettin' on?" but instead of an answer, the pony went off to find Fire Walker, Swift Squall on his heels. Muggo' looked over at Abbot and chuckled a bit.

"Sorry, b'y. Be back in a second, get the folks from downstairs." He trotted off toward the stairs and down, hearing what Swift said to Quill. "Swift, be nice to the b'y!" he admonished. While he may have no real authority, it was his bar, after all.

"Fire, featherbrain!" he called out to his friends. "Got a proposition for ya. Ya can come two, Swift. We may have ourselves a bit o' an adventure."

Abbot watched as Swift tailed after the newcomer and tried to get his attention, Muggo’ excused himself leaving Abbot upstairs. He picked the letter back up and slid it into his coat pocket and made his way to the railing to watch the scene down stairs.

Looking down he saw Muggo’ talking to the unicorn along with the newcomer. Looking further he saw a red Pegasus mare, a younger filly, and a grey Pegasus on stage singing a familiar song. He began to hum along as the Pegasus sang. After he had finished and made his way back to his table Abbot continued to drink. [colour=#add8e6]“Heh… viva la vida!”[/colour] he shouted lightly.

The song had a good bit of meaning, though its lesson isn’t one he had usually followed. He began to think back to Roam, of his uncle, of the order, and mostly of one of the few people that could always make him smile. He sighed, [colour=#add8e6]“il mio custode carissima,”[/colour] It had been years since he had seen her. From time to time she would send letters; maybe the reason he kept coming back to Itaily was just to see her again.

( Sorry about the short post, but this is my first time on the Mane RP )

MorningDawn flies toward his goal, he needs to deliver a letter for some mare. Morning gently lands on the streets of Fillydelphia. He walks past many buildings feeling uncomfortable. He has flown for quite some time, nonstop, from Ponyville to here. It takes little effort to stop heavily breathing, though. Morning's body had adjusted to long distance flying. He walks over to the bar, where he was told to go. MorningDawn slowly steps into the bar half expecting it to be empty, to his surprise it has a reasonable amount of ponies in it. Morning looks around for the mare he has been looking for, he takes out the letter, reads the receivers name, and there it is, Fire Walker. Morning slowly stepped forward, hood on, never revealing his brown eyes. The tall brown Pegasus stepped up to Fire Walker, " I'm sorry, but i do bring grave news. It seems that something has happened, here." Morning sets the letter on a nearby table, " I was told by one of my leaders that you were here. Don't expect me of a thief or some kind of monster. I work with the Royal Guards." Morning walks over the bartender, " Mind giving me a drink please? Surprise me, i don't care, my tongue is parched." Morning takes off his hood and looks around seeing other ponies, he also see's various items he can't quite identify, " Say, where did you get those?"

• 1 month later...

Dunder was a little embarrassed by how much he got into the song. He blushed a little while Fire and wind were applauding him. He quickly got off the stage, hoping no pony would know it was him. Though Fire's hug did make him feel better. He missed singing in private when she was asleep and he wasn't able to sleep, and in the shower....

He trotted back upstairs alongside Fire. And he saw some new ponies in the bar. Some new stallions, two of them looking of not much importance right now. He saw Fire go talk to another pony about Docket...that name bringing back some mixed memories.

He trotted over to some pony who he didn't get to talk to, the mustached pony with a bunch of bottles. "Hey. How are you this fine afternoon?" He asked with a smile.

"Nice that you are. Because you see, no offense but this is for friends..." unicorn started, stopping midway upon hearing Fire works. "Wait...what? You know this guy to? What is this? 'Fire Walker Buddies Olympic'?" Swift Squall asked, confused. "W-whatever. I brought appetizers."

While she was pretty concerned on what Quillheart had to say, she was easily distracted by Swift Squall's confused expression. "I try to make friends wherever I go.", Fire winked at the stallion, "That's the Canterlot way! Say, if I didn't go out of my way to stumble into this tavern, I would have never met Muggo' and Dunder. We would have never came across the fabled right eye of 'King Kungaloosh' And we would have never helped Prince B...er, youknowwho find his father, and I definitely would not have met you, Sir Squall.", she let out a sigh, "My life would have been a good deal more boring. Boring-er. Not sure that's a word, but it would really stunk without you guys." she gave the male a quick hug, "Oh, and Dunder and I would have never helped you with your house problem!

Her ears perked up as she heard the older pony call them. "Come on Windy. Let's see what 'Uncle Muggo' has to say. The little filly said nothing, but gathered up her things and quickly followed after her sister.

been looking for, he takes out the letter, reads the receivers name, and there it is, Fire Walker. Morning slowly stepped forward, hood on, never revealing his brown eyes. The tall brown Pegasus stepped up to Fire Walker, " I'm sorry, but i do bring grave news. It seems that something has happened, here." Morning sets the letter on a nearby table, " I was told by one of my leaders that you were here. Don't expect me of a thief or some kind of monster. I work with the Royal Guards." Morning walks over the bartender, " Mind giving me a drink please? Surprise me, i don't care,

The mare was not sure what to make of the stranger, "That would be First Lieutenant Fire Walker.", she corrected the stallion, "I'm also in the R.E.A, along with my entire family.", she studied the stallion for a moment to see if she recognized him, "Who sent you here? Captain Spitfire, or Shining Armor? I do hope this isn't too serious.", she glanced down at the paper for a moment before looking up at the earth pony, "Is this what you meant, Muggo? Or is there something else?"

Muggo' trotted back upstairs to join Abbot at the bar, taking his usual spot behind it. A new pony trotted in, but before he could even greet the stallion, he's off downstairs to find Fire Walker.

At the request for a drink, he nodded. "Sure can, b'y. Here, glass o' me famous stout. On the house, everypony gets one," he said, pouring the dark drink for the pony and setting it down. He looked around the room and shrugged.

"Broad question, b'y. Some o' it I bought meself over the years. Some donated from friends. Anythin' catch yer eye, ya just ask." Some highlights included a carved wooden oar over the bar, and a faded poster for the Itailian aerobatics team, the Red Arrows.

He looked over as Fire Walker trotted over and shook his head. "New b'y? No, just an adventure from the moustached one there, ABbot," he said, indicating the Italian pony. "Can wait, if ya need to deal with somethin'."

Quillhart was just about to answer Fire Walker when he felt a hoof on his neck, his pupils shrank, the ears perked and his whole body braced for an assault. Qullhart had just returned from an adventure which had sadly enough been including an attack from a pack of timberwolves. And he hadn't quite realized that he was out of danger just yet. Quillhart froze in shock for several seconds with his life flashing by his eyes and was not aware of the happenings around him.

He conducted a low bow, quickly turned, grabbed and lifted the other hoof with a minor twist to lock the striker from moving while he in the same movement snatched up a sharp quill by the feather from his yellow saddle bag. He swung his head in a swift movement to lash away the quill at the temporarily exposed throat. Quillhart then realized that he wasn't about to attack a timberwolf but a fellow pony, the quill had gone to far in his lash to be stopped but Quillhart noticed a dartboard in the far end of the room. He quickly changed his aim and heard the quill when it hit the dartboard. He hurried to release the pony and stumbled back a several steps with his head and ears down.

[colour=#daa520]"Sorry sir, I am a little tense today."[/colour] Quillhart shock his head to clear his head. [colour=#daa520]"Let's just forget about it." [/colour]He then remembered the question that he had been asked, so he turned back to Fire Walker with a fairly guilty face.[colour=#daa520] "I am sorry to disappoint you but I am not one of Docket's coworkers, but yes, I do know her. She is actually one of my greatest friends when it comes to help me to translate books. And also no, she's just fine as far as I can tell. I know your name and look mainly because she told me once about you." [/colour]

Quillhart's mind was suddenly filled with the conversations that he had heard in his subconsciousness while he was paralyzed and he remembered that the scar-filled pony had been fairly rude to him. He slowly turned his head back to the pony with a faint smile and a vicious glimpse in his eyes when he gazed into the stallion's eyes and said. [colour=#daa520]"Good thing you said 'no offense' or I just might had been offended. My friend."[/colour] Quillhart turned back to Fire Walker, [colour=#daa520]"So I basically just wanted to say hi and see if you was quite as awesome as she claimed you to be."[/colour] He glanced back to the pony behind and the ponies around him and became a little worried when he saw that they were all armed,[colour=#daa520] "But erhm... I can leave again if you guys want to be alone... I don't mind."[/colour] Quillhart really didn't want to start up a fight, he guessed that he had made the pony behind him all mad as it was already.