[Fillydelphia] The Itailian Job Act 1: Planning Phase [Open!]

Snowshoe

Abbot looked on as the scene downstairs continued. He heard the voice of the Pegasus that was singing and without taking his eyes off of the downstairs floor said, [colour=#afeeee]“Hopefully in better terms thanks to your friend Muggo’, I must say you are quite a good singer for somepony who doesn’t know any Itailian. My name is Abbot”[/colour] he said extending for a hoof-shake.

He listened to Swift as he went on now turning to face Dunder. [colour=#afeeee]“Your friend is quiet the friendly one.”[/colour] he said jokingly,[colour=#afeeee] “Is he usually that way? Or is it just around new faces?”[/colour]

He nodded to Fire as Muggo’ spoke his name. [colour=#afeeee]“No need to rush, time is something we have to spare, it would seem.”[/colour] He picked up his mug and finished off another drink, [colour=#afeeee]“I must say, this is a very good drink Mr. Muggo’. Do you make this or is it bought?”[/colour]

Abbot looked over to Quillhart as he offered to leave them. [colour=#afeeee]“Actually… if you’re interested, I could use someone that has a bit of knowledge on ancient cultures and you look like you can handle yourself. If you’d be willing to go to Itaily I can pay for your ticket and give you salary.”[/colour]

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(OOC: While I should be picky how a pencil pusher managed to joint lock a Equestria equivalent of trained commando, without such skill being mentioned within Quillhart application. [Or more importantly, how earth pony can do this and remain standing?] I will just play along.)

[colour=green]"What?[/colour] surprise flashed through unicorn mind when Quillhart cough him. It was a really sloppy by the Swift standards and he could probably shake him off. But the fact that someone could cough him by surprise, at all was enough to make him freeze for a moment. Not to mention heavy training leg-bracelets.

[colour=green]"WHAT?!"[/colour] another thought flew in his head when he saw a very, VERY sharp quill making it's way to his throat. Why it always had to be the quills? Were the ballpoint pens too expensive or something?

Worse yet, the look in earth pony eyes showed that Quillhart wasn't in the same reality as everypony else in the bar. Swordstallion yanked his head to the side just as glint of consciousness sparked in writer's irises. The quick reflexes of both ponies spared Squall from getting an unwanted tracheotomy.

While most of his face remained unmoved, the glimpse that Swift gave the still vibrating quill revealed that he wasn't completely unaffected.

"Sorry sir, I am a little tense today." Quillhart shock his head to clear his head. "Let's just forget about it." He then remembered the question that he had been asked, so he turned back to Fire Walker with a fairly guilty face.

[colour=green]"Apology accepted...but being tense is not a reason to behave like this."[/colour] Swift said in dry, but calm tone. If this kid expected him to explode in anger, Squall must've disappointed him. But just when Quillhart turned around to face Squall again, he found out that unicorn was just before his face.

[colour=green]"But you definitely should not forget about this! Did you consider what could happen if place would be a lot more crowded? "[/colour] Swift scolded young earth pony. He wanted to chew him on the lack of respect for his seniors but gave up after seeing Quillhart worried expression. Squall sighted and continued, his baritone much softer then before.

[colour=green]"I....listen kid...I know not what makes you panic so much, but you need to control yourself. Otherwise you will hurt yourself and others."[/colour] Swift paused, not sure what to say next. He wasn't very experienced with such talks yet even when speaking to friends, not to mention a stranger. So he just pulled out his quill from the dartboard and hoofed it back to him with his own telekinesis.

[colour=green]"Muggo...Since you going for drink anyway, mind if you can give this youngster some calming herb tincture? On my tab"[/colour] he asked a bar owner.

While she was pretty concerned on what Quillheart had to say, she was easily distracted by Swift Squall's confused expression. "I try to make friends wherever I go.", Fire winked at the stallion, "That's the Canterlot way! Say, if I didn't go out of my way to stumble into this tavern, I would have never met Muggo' and Dunder. We would have never came across the fabled right eye of 'King Kungaloosh' And we would have never helped Prince B...er, youknowwho find his father, and I definitely would not have met you, Sir Squall.", she let out a sigh, "My life would have been a good deal more boring. Boring-er. Not sure that's a word, but it would really stunk without you guys." she gave the male a quick hug, "Oh, and Dunder and I would have never helped you with your house problem!

[colour=green]"Canterlot way, huh? Wish I was as trusting as you Fire..."[/colour] he gazed at his half empty juice glass. [colour=green]"You guys are one of the best things that happened to me."[/colour] he confessed. His face flushed up a bit when he hugged him, but not by much.

Morning takes off his hood and looks around seeing other ponies, he also see's various items he can't quite identify, " Say, where did you get those?"

[colour=green]"The usual. Ancient ruins, deals with the Nightmare, shops."[/colour] count responded before taking a sip [colour=green]"That said, they aren't average shops most of the time. You either need right connexions or hefty of money. Or just know where to look."[/colour]

He listened to Swift as he went on now turning to face Dunder. [colour=#afeeee]“Your friend is quiet the friendly one.”[/colour] he said jokingly,[colour=#afeeee] “Is he usually that way? Or is it just around new faces?”[/colour]

[colour=green]"Depend's what you mean by usuall."[/colour] Squall meddled in before Blusty could respond [colour=green]"I am better at Thursdays and worse at Mondays."[/colour] he responded with joke of his own, while keeping a straight face. While he could answer about Abbot proposition as well, uncior did not feeled that he should. After all it was Fire tickets and her vacation. Not to mention that he was new to the little merry band himslef.

((OOC: just to clear some things out for you. Quillhart is an adventurer in Equestria -- not just an author. Due to the dangers we know exist, for example timberwolves, we will have to see the fact that a non-weapon pony like Quillhart would possibly have to protect himself at some point. [running away doesn't always help] That's why he would have to evolve a different style of fighting. I know that I should have added this into my app, but it was my first one and it is far from perfect. So I will just have to ask you to go easy on me with this one. :/ I'm not intending to make my character OP by using a lot of powers that he does not actually have. It is just so that an adventurer can't really be completely defenceless. I promise that there won't be anymore surprises.

So for the earthpony question. A pony can stand perfectly on three legs last time I checked.

So yeah, I hope you're not mad at me for doing what I did.))

• 3 weeks later...

Dunder watched as Swift got totally surprise attacked. Dunder was about to do something...but, he had faith that Swift could handle it himself. Swift always talked so dang highly of his skills all the time. Somepony with a quill on his flank would be somepony that Swift could take down, certainly. Anyway, Dunder didn't want to get any blood on Muggo's floor.

He looked back at Aboot, and smiled, "Well, thank you. Kind Itailian sir. My name is Dunder Blust." He said, shaking the hoof back. Dunder looked back at the two barely finished scuffling ponies and nodded, "Yeah, Swift is a bit...in the trust issues area. Don't worry, he'll open up." He chuckled, "and I need to get that pony in a headlock sometimes myself, anyway. Isn't that right, Swift?" He called out to the unicorn stallion.

(Yikes. Almost missed this one...RP back from the dead..)

The Pegasus pony watched in stunned silence as an minor bout of drama unfolded upon her. She wasn't sure what was going on, so she quickly made sure her young sister did not get in the way and get hurt. Once things were settled and it didn't appear that a fight was going to break out, the R.E.A. guard let her sister go. She wasn't pleased at the moment, but after hearing what the stallion said, she could only chuckle, "That's Docket. She says everything is awesome. Still, if you're a friend of hers, I guess it's safe to say you're a friend of mine then! And she's lead you to the best pub in all of Fillydelphia, what could be better than that?", she glanced over at the strange mane-less and tattooed pony, "Almost sounds like you're getting ready for some sort of archaeologist dig of some sorts. If he didn't make me sick to my stomach, I would have sent out a call to Docket's brother, Pocket Change. But he and I don't really see eye to eye."

As Swift Squall asked Muggo for something for Quillhart to drink,, the Pegasus suggested, "I would recommend a cup of Chamomile. Actually, make that two cups, and a chocolate milk.", she smiled back at her sister who was very pleased at the current turn of events before she returned her attention back to the Unicorn, "There's a little shop in Canterlot that sells all kinds of odds and ends. Most of it's cra..er...Bric-à-bracs, but there's usually something of interest there. I was thinking of stopping there if we didn't find anything of interest at the wooden gift store."

OOC: Shall we move onto the TRIP TO ITAILY for the next posts? Please note Dunder's player will be away till Friday..

• 2 weeks later...

[colour=green]"Oh Sure...I am as open as a clam. And if I remember correctly, half the time you end up in my grip Blusty"[/colour] swordstallion reminded his friend. Swift moved to the billiard table. Unicorn grabbed first cue with his magic and then both the rack and the balls.

[colour=green]"And since all the drama is behind us, can we move to what Mr. Abbot was about to say?"[/colour] unicorn said twirling the cue beside himself, while placing the balls on the table.

Swift ears perked up when Fire mentioned the archaeological sites. That was what Swift concluded as well. From his perspective it looked like the bald pony wished to hire them for some mission of sort.

[colour=green]"That supposed to be the vacation."[/colour] noble murmured while making the first strike. Watching the balls moving on the table, Squall walked around for the next shot while grabbing the chalk to use on cue.

[colour=green]"But I am new to this little group. I have no more to say then this glasses kid or so-he-says Royal guard."[/colour] he thought.

"There's a little shop in Canterlot that sells all kinds of odds and ends. Most of it's cra..er...Bric-à-bracs, but there's usually something of interest there. I was thinking of stopping there if we didn't find anything of interest at the wooden gift store."

[colour=green]"The shop of oddities....I will ask you for address after we finish then."[/colour] unicorn nodded while striking the balls again, and placing the two in pockets by doing so.

He nodded to Fire as Muggo’ spoke his name. [colour=#afeeee]“No need to rush, time is something we have to spare, it would seem.”[/colour] He picked up his mug and finished off another drink, [colour=#afeeee]“I must say, this is a very good drink Mr. Muggo’. Do you make this or is it bought?”[/colour]

"Yeah, b'y. Make most o' me own brews an' ciders, though some I get in from other places 'round Equestria," Muggo' Ale replied to Abbot, feeling a note of pride. He was very proud of his creations, because while it was little more than a concoction of water, hops, and barley, it could all change based on certain small factors.

[colour=green]"Muggo...Since you going for drink anyway, mind if you can give this youngster some calming herb tincture? On my tab"[/colour] he asked a bar owner.

As Swift Squall asked Muggo for something for Quillhart to drink,, the Pegasus suggested, "I would recommend a cup of Chamomile. Actually, make that two cups, and a chocolate milk.", she smiled back at her sister who was very pleased at the current turn of events before she returned her attention back to the Unicorn, "There's a little shop in Canterlot that sells all kinds of odds and ends. Most of it's cra..er...Bric-à-bracs, but there's usually something of interest there. I was thinking of stopping there if we didn't find anything of interest at the wooden gift store."

"No need, b'y. Everypony gets one," he said pleasantly, tipping his cap back and heading over to one of the casks. He started brewing some tea for Quillhart and Fire walker, passing it over to the ponies and taking a look around the bar. He heard a bit of lively commotion around downstairs, though everypony had come up and started talking to him and asking drinks. He didn't care to ask, long as the downstairs area was nice and clean.

He whistled, listening in to the conversations a little as he cleaned out a mug with a rag. "So, bit o' adventure then? Sounds like a fun time."

Dunder stood up, and trotted over to the bar. He didn't really have all too much to add to any of the conversation, he just sat down and waved to Muggo' "Please, can I get the usual. Just a soda and some fries." He said, quickly reaching into his bag, he pulled out the 6 bits it cost. He turned to swift, "And maybe I end up in your grip, but my sword ends up in your throat." He quickly replied, then stood up again and quickly went up to the pool table, examining the green felt of the playing field and wooden designs on the outer parts and the legs.

((OOC: Excuse my tardiness.))

Quillhart kept his mouth shut when, the pony he had heard being addressed as "Swift", scolded him. Swift was right. He had nothing to add to it and couldn't see one argument which he could use to justify his actions so he didn't even try to. Quillhart tried to contradict when Swift offered to buy him something to relax himself, before he realized that he could use something like that and quickly closed his mouth again. He shrugged at Abbots remark, [colour=#daa520]"I can hold my own and I don't see any harm in accepting your request. Tell me more about it and I'll see what I do." [/colour]He gazed to the billiard table and felt like he would like to join in but decided not to. Quillhart didn't know any of these ponies and wasn't sure if they'd like him to join.