Idea thread: Halloween rp (and free candycorn!)

Talex

8 members have voted

1. 1. Sound fun?

• Sure. (in which case you post saying so)
    • Nope. (thanks for stopping by)
    • I just came here for the candycorn. (*sighs and hands out candycorn*)

Okay, so in celebration of Halloween, I thought I would pitch this rp idea I had.

A group of fillies and colts go trick or treating (cliche) and then decide to go into the everfree forest for adventure/visiting zecora's place for candy (lets say she's sick this year and cant make it to ponyvile)(again, cliche) But on their way they get lost and chased by the monsters that lurk in the forest. (how much more cliche could you make this Talex?) It could be cursed ghosts, slendermane, a headless hecarim horsemen, or all three! anyway, you get the point. SO, as much as this is cheesy, would anyone be interested?

I came up with this on a whim, so any corrections and suggestions are welcome. The fillies and colts could be more of a teenage age group to give us that one romantic couple that always gets caught. Or we could keep them to a younger age group, like in Cheerile's class. The choices are yours! I'm just pitching the idea :razz:

this might possibly go into the 18+ O.o but let's see how scury we're gonna make it first. I don't want to involve gore with little fillies and colts but that doesn't mean we cant make things absolutely horrifying :mad: creepypasta for the win!

And just for clicking on this thread, I will give you (a picture of) candy corn!

41RJnFTvVCL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

There ya go

People have shown interest! Now we can do roleplaying things....

okay, so if we're going to have anyone playing as monsters (which I think is awesome and might do myself) then I feel like a few rules should exist. (a lot of this is geared towards the monsters/ponies thing because that's gonna be tricky)

This is subject to change in the future

-The little ponies can not know the monster is there until the monster reviles themselves. (for example, slendermane/mare is hiding behind a tree and is peeking out, then the ponies would get a sense that someone is watching them. If slendermane/mare appears in front of them (with that scary --- music) THEN you can scream and run in panic :3

-A monster can not "get rid of" a player's pony unless there is an agreement between the two. PM's work well for this.

-I had a few more... can't think of them now *shrugs*

-play as many ponies as you want. Just keep things reasonable. And for each one, you have an app ready.

This might as well become the OOC discussion, so... Character Apps!!!

trick or treaters ^^

Everything bolded is required. (Everything in parenthesis is optional) feel free to add more as you see fit.

Name:

Sex:

Species:

Eye colour:

Coat colour:

Mane/Tail/Markings colour & Style:

(General appearance): A description of what they look like with a bit more detail. Pictures go here if you have them.

(Cutiemark): They don't even have to have one. But if they do, what is it?

(Halloween costume): What are they dressed up as?

(History): Any back story we may need to know about?

(Personality): A simple description of your pony's personality. Nothing over the top.

And Monsters :mad: (if you want to play as one. And keep in mind that we should have a lot of ponies, and very little monsters.)

General appearance: what do they look like :U

Lore: any backstory that would add to the creepiness? Are they well know?

hmm... don't really know what else to put here... Anything I left out?:

Once we get some apps in, the approved ones will go here, in the approved apps list. I'm extremely lenient with this, but I will have to be picky with any monsters. We can only have a few of those. Be warned.

-nothin' yet.

I'm all cool for this..But if I'm gonna use a kid as a main character, I'd probably prefer this to be in the non-adult section. You can be scary without the gore.. :-|

And why for I cannot have the candy corn? I try to grab them, but my hoof just bounces off the screen! WAAAAAAAAAAAH! :oops:

I'll probably end up using Wind Walker..I want to iron out some bugs with her before I make her into a full time mane RP OC.

(As drawn by the epic and talented Popcorn Puffs!)

windwalkerbypopcornpuff.png

I'm all cool for this..But if I'm gonna use a kid as a main character, I'd probably prefer this to be in the non-adult section. You can be scary without the gore.. :-|

And why for I cannot have the candy corn? I try to grab them, but my hoof just bounces off the screen! WAAAAAAAAAAAH! :oops:

I'll probably end up using Wind Walker..I want to iron out some bugs with her before I make her into a full time mane RP OC.

(As drawn by the epic and talented Popcorn Puffs!)

windwalkerbypopcornpuff.png

ADORABLENESS!!!!

Thanks. She's really good at the cute.....Also had Wind drawn by another artist..Valkrie Girl..here's she's seen tagging along with another OC of mine..

For the RP...There's gotta be a reason or excuse (if these are going to be all kid characters) that they get separated from their adult chaperons.. We see even in generally safe village of Ponyville, the kids do go trick or treating with adults (Ala Luna Eclipsed)

pocketchangefinished.png

Woo! People! I added some character apps and stuff, feel free to post your characters now. And even though Halloween will be over, I still want to keep this going. Should be fun :D

@SonicRainboomGirl: Scootaloo! Yesh! (...don't make her costumer a chicken T.T)

@Tacobob: I agree with you on staying out of 18+ As for how they got away from their parents... I have no good ideas xD Brainstorm time everybody! (And how did you get popcorn puffs to draw that for you!? :U She's a freakin awesome artist!)

@QueenChrysalis747: I don't mind someone playing as a monster. I think it'd help keep things organized actually. I'm interested to see how things work out.

I'll post my app in a bit... once I figure out a character to play :-|

i'll be a chimera for no reason i love those things

appearance: three headed heads left to right goat lion dragon

Lore: Chimera's are generally two or three headed beasts with the overall powers of the three or two heads it has such as the strength of a lion or the swiftness of a goat

Name: SlenderMane (or SlenderMare depending on the lore)

Age...yes

Appearance: When you see it you'll s*** bricks

Lore: (SlenderMane) Stalkers it's target to terrify it before it goes in and takes the target away, but no one knows where

(SlenderMare) Said to be a mare that uses this disguise and alias to capture children and give them to a 'better' home