Apple Settlers Names -Need for Fic

Cadabra

Greetings everypony!

I am looking into writing a fic about a young Granny Smith and her family before they arive at Sweet Apple Acres and their lives after settling. It will involve why they moved, their enormous debts to the Rich family, and even slavery of the Zebra race inspired by the TV mini-series Roots. Kind of grim reality meets Pony History.

Anyhoof, I know how the community loves naming ponies. I would love to know if anyone has named the settler ponies seen in the flashback from Family Appreciation Day.

I don't care for fan fics, but the question is amusing...

1) Any of the existing Apples could have been named after the original settlers.

2) Existing apple names are all fair game, and some of the crazier ones like "Cortland" or "Macoun" sound like people from long ago.

Thank you guys. That link is awesome! Wikipedia can be one useful site, even if you do tend to go all "Ooooooo where does this hyperlink go?!?" My friends and I like to call that Wiki-bate.

A couple of names that I thought about had a bit more to do with seeds rather than apples since her daddy was a seed man. Here's what I got:

Father - Hayseed (slang for country bumpkin, but incorporates seed into the name.)

Mother - Cross Stitch (Due to the sewing machine cutie mark.)

Brother - Pluck (Not only can you pluck a seed, but you can also pluck a guitar string, hense his cutie mark.)

I hope those sound good.

hey this is cool. But for RP board canon on this site, we do have unofficial names for Granny's family. You can find information about it at this thread:

family tree: (NEEDS TO BE UPDATED)

http://www.familyecho.com/?p=START&c=f6ssovxesm&f=729849140333622055#view:B0OHQ

PLEASE, oh god PLEASE name one of the ponies "Cornpone" "Katty-Wonker" is a good one too (it means all crooked). "Doodley/Diddly Squat" might make a great name for the kind of town fool of a poor and too lazy to even try to do anything about it kind of comic relief character. And of course the time-honored Mater and Tater.

Hmmm. I am going to have to come up with a list of "prairie-related things" or hillbilly-esque things for you.

Flutterscotch, a good old fashioned red neck pony role play like that can be awesome. Maybe something like Honey Boo Boo with ponies. They'd eat sketti with butta, right? Besides, it takes a town to raise a child, so that could be a fun RP. Equestria trailer park ponies can be really something. It's not what I am writing for this fic, but just the thought of an RP along those lines is instant lolz.

Oh, and I forgot the other brother, so that timeline was super helpful! Now to figure out a name for the pony with horseshoes on his flank. Lucky to rhyme with his brother's name? Brawn for strength in plowing? Gonna need to brainstorm.