Establishing a 'Magical Guild' in Canterlot!

PIJIN

Though quite frankly, since star swirl has been compared to Merlin by the creators, I'd be surprised if there wasn't some magical organization celebrating him. Like "the order of star swirl" or something.

Thought: if Rainbow Dash has a fan club over in Ponyville, you think Twilight Sparkle could have a fan club of her own back in Canterlot? [j/k, haha] :blush:

• Like 1

Thought: if Rainbow Dash has a fan club over in Ponyville, you think Twilight Sparkle could have a fan club of her own back in Canterlot? [j/k, haha] :blush:

Sounds legit. I second that notion. If it isn't already made, I'm starting one. :)

Twilight for President!

Rainbow Dash? Twiight Sparkle? Oh, please... I think it's more than obvious that the pony who truly deserves to be adored by countless fans and admirers is none other than the glamorous Miss Rarity! ;)

Phooey! My guy celebrates the best pony EVAR by enjoying an apple or apple related food or drink item once a day! Be it apple pie, an Appletini, Apple Cider, Apple Ice Cream, etc. Wooh Applejack! Best background pony! :???:

As for the guild. I'm up for it...It's gonna start small...And Pocket Change will be more than happy to set some time aside from his very busy schedule to tutor college mares who need the extra bit of learning...yes..

I only suggested that because it might have been a possible loophole to get around the lack of new lore thing. Which he wanted to do.

Though quite frankly, since star swirl has been compared to Merlin by the creators, I'd be surprised if there wasn't some magical organization celebrating him. Like "the order of star swirl" or something.

Well, he does have a wing of the Canterlot Library named after him... :blush:

As for the guild. I'm up for it...It's gonna start small...And Pocket Change will be more than happy to set some time aside from his very busy schedule to tutor college mares who need the extra bit of learning...yes..

Sounds legit!

---

Well since there are no other suggestions the name of the guild is SpellBound.

Edit: Also adding a few more ponies to the guild members list, unless anypony wants to take the advisor or master position. Of course youd have to have good reason to.

Edited by LovinMoonlight

Woo who! The name has been set!

Sounds legit!

---

Edit: Also adding a few more ponies to the guild members list, unless anypony wants to take the advisor or master position. Of course youd have to have good reason to.

Wonder who will try and get that position.

Sounds legit!

---

You said there'd be multiple sections, yes? If this is so, then feel free to add Razor Gears. He is already rather dedicated to the pursuit of medicine through magic, so he'd likely be a perfect fit if there is a medical wing of the guild. He is set up in Manehattan, but he could have learned about the guild and joined to help more ponies (which he wants to do).

And then we have my upcoming character, which I'm still debating on removing the references to the guild or leaving them in and waiting for it to get started up... I'm toying with the idea while tweaking it a bit. If I remove those references I'll need to change her departure reasoning and story. We shall see how that goes...

Once things settle..We'll have to set up a gift shop if we ever get a decent hall or building to use...Sell shirts.water bottles. Star Swirl the Bearded plushies...unicorn horn warmers..The whole lot!

I see my guy as a member...Probably wouldn't have the time to run anything..

Rainbow Dash? Twiight Sparkle? Oh, please... I think it's more than obvious that the pony who truly deserves to be adored by countless fans and admirers is none other than the glamorous Miss Rarity! ;)

But I thought your favorite pony was Applejack!? :smug: (Look at those bedroom eyes)

Wonder who will try and get that position.

I could really see Phil's Gray Lexis as Guild Master in all honesty. (Ehm,,,HINT HINT!)

Technically Change has the qualifications/personality, but I doubt she'd want to lead a bunch of COMMONERS around. Adviser, I could see. Or treasurer. Or something.

I'm sure she wouldn't mind as long as there was something in it for her. Like spreading her name around Equestria as the pony that leads a guild of ponies striving to protect and help poor defenseless ponies.

Edited by LovinMoonlight

Technically Change has the qualifications/personality, but I doubt she'd want to lead a bunch of COMMONERS around. Adviser, I could see. Or treasurer. Or something.

Change? There's another pony with 'Change' in his or her's name? Who's dat?

But I thought your favorite pony was Applejack!? :smug: (Look at those bedroom eyes)

I could really see Phil's Gray Lexis as Guild Master in all honesty. (Ehm,,,HINT HINT!)

I love AJ, really I do, but she's still only second best in my heart. Rarity is number one. ;)

As for Gray as guild master, I dunno. I can kinda see why you might see that as he's super wise and knowledgeable about a myriad of subjects, but I just don't know if he's responsible enough to be a leader. He's really too much of a loose canon, with his generally whimsical, purposely difficult attitude. Then there's also the fact that he makes his residence in Fillydelphia rather than Canterlot.

If he was the Master, the advisor would have to be someone very strict and serious who would have to struggle constantly to keep him in line, other wise nothing would likely get done all that reliably. :razz:

As I just told LM, there's a character I wanna app that I'd definitely want to throw into consideration as Guild Leader. Give me a couple of days, and I can have that app written out and such. :)

If he was the Master, the advisor would have to be someone very strict and serious who would have to struggle constantly to keep him in line, other wise nothing would likely get done all that reliably. :razz:

Of course, thats the way I was planning it ;) And besides it wouldn't be any fun if the Master was boring and focused and on track.

Change? There's another pony with 'Change' in his or her's name? Who's dat?

Upper "Change" Crust, darling! App'd by Basse

Edited by LovinMoonlight

Technically I could rewrite my app to make my upcoming OC guild leader, but I don't think she'd want it...She just wants to see the world and understand everything. Helping ponies is only the result of her compassion for her fellow pony. Likely she'd just not care for the responsibilities of the guild and run off for months if not years at a time. She might have been born and raised in Canterlot, but she isn't there much. She'd likely only return for guild meetings.

Maybe this guild won't be run by one guild-master. Maybe it could be something that will be group run..Friendly discussions and debate instead of one grizzled unicorn with a gavel..Maybe the original 'founders' would be seen as authority figures to the newbies...(Just tossing some ideas around..)

Of course, thats the way I was planning it ;) And besides it wouldn't be any fun if the Master was boring and focused and on track.

I can see how that could be rather fun and humorous. :D

I'm not entirely opposed to the idea. I can sort of rationalize him wanting to organize something like this. The location is the biggest issue I still see, but I suppose there is the rationale that Canterlot is pretty clearly the capital of magic and knowledge in Equestria. it's where one would go to start this sort of organization. Though if he were to be the leader of a guild like this, I'd probably have to make him move back there permanently, which is a big change for the character...

Though considering Gray has thus far been a bit of a non starter in the RP (one failed to start RP and a cameo post in one other thread is all I've been able to do with him)... maybe change would be for the best? :/

I'm sure she wouldn't mind as long as there was something in it for her. Like spreading her name around Equestria as the pony that leads a guild of ponies striving to protect and help poor defenseless ponies.

That is such a WEAK reason to join Change wouldn't even spare the time to scoff at it.

In terms of leader, perhaps the leader is determined by who is the most awesome in the start up adventure? If we go with the idea that the guild is made only recently.

In terms of leader, perhaps the leader is determined by who is the most awesome in the start up adventure?

How would you define 'awesome'? Most skilled magic user? Tendency to take charge effectively? Whatever happens though, I'm sure the start up adventure will be a good place for the leader to prove him or herself. ;)