Mane Six Instrumentation

Trombone2525

So, i am a huge band nerd, and I couldnt help but think about what instruments each of the mane six would play. Here is what I came up with.

Twilight Sparkle: Clarinet

Rainbow Dash: Trumpet

Fluttershy: Flute

Pinkie Pie: Alto Saxophone

Rarity: Oboe

Applejack: Trombone

The piccolo is too high, too shrill for Fluttershy, I think. I picked the oboe for Rarity because I figured the solo opportunities and being in the spotlight would appeal to her. I like the idea of Pinkie on tuba, though.

That is amazing. Who is that on trombone and trumpet? I'm a trombone player myself. And when I was thinking this, I was just thinking wind instruments, since we dont have an orchestra class at my school.

Actually BonBon is playing the trumpet in that picture

But I always thought of Pinkie Pie as being more the accordian type

Then Rainbow Dash I could see playing either the drums or the saxophone, something loud that's used in more contemporary music

I also think that the oboe is a bit deep pitched for Rarity, I see her as either playing the violin or the harpsichord (possibly because the latter often plays when she appears)

Applejack we already know plays the fiddle (no really, look at the photos from the wedding episode) and it does suit her

For Fluttershy definitely the pan-flute; it has a high and soft sound that suits her and a natural feel that most instruments don't

Then Twilight I think would play the piano, I'm not really sure why but it just seems right

Oh, Also a fiddle, it turns out is a violin, the difference in in how you play it; fiddle music is more folk music and violin music is more classical music