Akward Moments as a brony

SuperSonic777

• 2 weeks later...

Good topic.

1) My supervisor was having dinner at our co-workers house, and the 3 year old boy comes up to me at the table in front of everyone and asks "did you bring ponies?"

2) I was running late to teach sunday school, and didn't get my computer completely set up ahead of time and I had an audaciously MLP background going on. One of the boys in my class loudly asked "why is the my little pony stuff on that computer" at the point where parents were dropping off their kids, until I gave him a good answer, which took several iterations since my brush off answers didn't work.

3) The time I realized that I was making a friend uncomfortable with my fervor for MLP. Oops.

What a fun topic!! Thats terrible Weesh!! It still turned my gigglebox though x3

Umm.. I've had my fair share of awkward moments because of my likeage of ponies.. But the worst happened just last year

I had just gotten my first pony shirt, and it featured a saluting Dash, with a pain splattered background. I wore it to school, and got partnered up in art class with a couple of my brony-despising friends. I took off my pullover, as the room was warm, and they thought that Dash was a pokemon!! (Lol, preps cx) So, we have this student in the class who has autism, and he can get excited and loud rather easily. He was a brony. And he liked my shirt.. Well, the teacher overheard him and asked what all the fuss was about, so he pointed STRAIGHT AT ME, and told her, and EVERYONE ELSE, "JAYDEN'S WEARING A MY LITTLE PONY SHIRT!!" I swear my face must have been more red than peach (or whatever colour skin is x3) I wouldn't have minded people knowing, but just because of the way that everything had happened, it was pretty embarassing. It turned out that a lot of my friends in the class liked ponies too though, so that was really cool to find out.

hmm... awkward brony moment...

one would be when my little cousin came over to play some games (playstation 3) and when he turned on my playstation he saw a vinyl scratch theme on there and he just turned around and looked at me then back at the screen then back at me it felt so awkward seeing that he doesnt like mlp at all, but i did learn that he didnt really mind it.

another one would be when i was in summer school before i was out of high school, when i was subconsciously singing the smile song during some free time since we were in that class for 3 hours, the whole room was quiet after i finished singing that song, it was weird because no one bothered to stop me from singing.

Sitting in Western Civ. my playin dungeon defends during lecture so the professor takes my phone, and im like. "WAIT LET ME PUT IT ON SILENT!"

15 mins later my phone starts ringing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sryqaS07WaU

yea, that was an interesting day. Half of the class hated me, half of the class thought i was cool.

My little brother and sister are also into the show, and a friend of mine had bought me a Pinkie Pie Christmas ornament, so they were really exited about it. Well, when we went over to my homophobic grandparent's house, you can imagine my grandpa's surprise, and my horror, when my little brother says "Eric got a really cool Pinkie Pie ornament for Christmas"

"A what? What's 'Pinkie Pie'?"

"A character from My Little Pony who is cute and funny"

"Why would Eric get that?"

"He loves My Little Pony!"

I haven't been back to their house since.....

• Like 2

A near miss:

When I set up iTunes on my laptop to show episodes to a certain 6 year old, I have to type in my password, and once she asked me what my password was. I told her it was "I love Fluttershy". For the next several weeks, she would make a comment about it each time I typed my real password in. One day I was in a public place using my laptop for a different purpose, and she was hanging out nearby. When I started to type my password she started to say loudly "his password is..." but I cut her off saying "passwords are private, please don't tell anyone".

(whew)

• Like 1

When I was home and I posted on tumblr that I was a brony.

Went to college the next day and got some odd looks by some of my fellow students. My friends couldn't care less about it but it still felt awkward getting those looks. Like I was suddenly a different and not liked person :/