The Grey Wardens[Dragon Age Crossover][APPLY HERE][OPEN]

So, short summary:

Killing Shadow and Hoax (either because of the order, or because of beeing an apostate and enemy to the Chantry) is no option, PVP is not allowed and I also wouldn't like to be in a RP where player characters get killed by other player characters only because they didn't want to start with the group or wanted to post with someone else to make a really nice story together.

Leaving them to the Templars isn't an option either. It would result in two player characters getting killed, same as above.

Charging and killing the Templars? Just another option that totally isn't going to be the one we are using. It would result in 12 Templars and a Commander vs one Warden Apostate (didn't the Templars have heavy armor as well as abilities to counter magic?), one Warden Rogue, another Rogue, a Mage and the Crossbow Rogue. Of course we wouldn't be in a tactical good position either, we just aren't the spartans or anything like them (or anything better than them), and victory would be fairly unlikely. Without losses on our side probably even impossible. And no matter the outcome of this battle, either the Grey Wardens would throw every warden of us out of their ranks and hunt us toghether with the Chantry, or the Chantry and all of Equestria would turn against the Grey Wardens which are protecting criminals who attacked Templars and protected an apostate.

Oh yes, the final and probably only working option would be to try on diplomatic, and by that I mean real diplomatic, not that kind of diplomatic where you bring your weapon to the negation of a Peace treaty.

These Templars are elite mooks they don't even have names. Add to the fact that the only one disadvantaged in this fight is Hoax twelve templars vs 2 wardens and both Shadows characters plus Hoax is definitely beyond winnable. It's actually trivial. That's like saying the ninja turtles wouldn't have won most of the fights they did against the foot.

Did the thread get moved.

Which is why I said it would end the same way.

All using the rites would accomplish is getting kicked out of stalliongrad and secret Templar death squads ambushing use everywhere because if they really took the time to set Hoax up, I doubt they would just let her go. The Warden lose no matter what the deal is.

which is why this is brilliant. xD

also, Hoax could just peg it for now and turn up again later to bug you.

which is why this is brilliant. xD

also, Hoax could just peg it for now and turn up again later to bug you.

I pretty much thought of both ways it could go down. You have one big bag named Templar there right. Grim would negotiate for shadow's head. Grim certainly will still have his game face on and still threaten them. This can actually get pretty deep.

If a fight break out the Chantry wouldn't do anything too crazy, or the deal can be made and they renig on it like assumed they would.

These Templars are elite mooks they don't even have names. Add to the fact that the only one disadvantaged in this fight is Hoax twelve templars vs 2 wardens and both Shadows characters plus Hoax is definitely beyond winnable. It's actually trivial. That's like saying the ninja turtles wouldn't have won most of the fights they did against the foot.

Now you're sounding too overconfident to look like anything else than a Powergamer. I'm sorry, it's true that these Templars don't have a name written in golden letters above their head, but still they can easily be treated as capable fighters, trained by the best, serving a long tradition and most likely used to fight mages, demons and therelike. So I doubt that a single stallion would take on 5 of them at the same time. But if you feel like charging them, go ahead. I just can say, that this could be a welcome distraction for some to flee, and that you afterwards might just be alone vs the 13 Templars in total. Have a nice day. (And I really hope, that there wont be more powergaming than what already has been...)

Did the thread get moved.

Was this supposed to be a question? If so, it isn't actually quiet hard to look if it's moved, right?

Just in case: Yes, the thread got moved to the 18+ area.

Not really, no one like's Templars and if the Chantry came after the Warden's they'd essentially consign the world to oblivion. Thus no one in their right mind would support the Chantry in hunting Wardens.

I've started playing Dragon Age Origins today again, and all I can say is: it pretty much looks like if the whole world was afraid of magic and the Templars were the shield of Farelden to protect them from Mages and Demons. Oh yes, that definitly turns them into the good ones here.

I pretty much thought of both ways it could go down. You have one big bag named Templar there right. Grim would negotiate for shadow's head. Grim certainly will still have his game face on and still threaten them. This can actually get pretty deep.

If a fight break out the Chantry wouldn't do anything too crazy, or the deal can be made and they renig on it like assumed they would.

Well, let's just face that winning is an impossibility. No way can is this a fight that can be one. Hoax might be able to take on one templar - if she was lucky. Maybe three or four if she had blood magic. But all it would take would be one or two holy smites and BOOM. Job done.

We could always have an intervention by the grand Cleric or somepony else.

Hoax has a plan B anyway...

Not really, no one like's Templars and if the Chantry came after the Warden's they'd essentially consign the world to oblivion. Thus no one in their right mind would support the Chantry in hunting Wardens.

We haven't written a hole...we've written an excellent sub plot.

--------------------

[colour=#282828]Rite on conscription would end the same way as If grim killed them actually.[/colour]

I agree that Conscription wouldn't work as we have an active kill order on Shadow. Grim would just kill him. If you think the public would side with Wardens over the Chantry then you must be gravely mistaken. There's a reason Teryn Loghain didn't hesitate to butcher all those Wardens, and there's a reason why the Wardens at Soldier's Peak were all butchered. Yes, the Wardens lose no matter what the point is, that's why we've hit a catch 22.

Any way we play it SENSIBLY Shadow is now dead. And Hoax is most likely. I see no reason why our group would interfere with the Templars. They're doing our job for us. If anything, Grim, Pinprick and Nexar should help the Templars kill Hoax and Shadow.

These aren't just unnamed Mooks though. We're facing a Grandmaster and his entourage. This will be a very tough fight.

I agree that Conscription wouldn't work as we have an active kill order on Shadow. Grim would just kill him. If you think the public would side with Wardens over the Chantry then you must be gravely mistaken. There's a reason Teryn Loghain didn't hesitate to butcher all those Wardens, and there's a reason why the Wardens at Soldier's Peak were all butchered. Yes, the Wardens lose no matter what the point is, that's why we've hit a catch 22.

Any way we play it SENSIBLY Shadow is now dead. And Hoax is most likely. I see no reason why our group would interfere with the Templars. They're doing our job for us. If anything, Grim, Pinprick and Nexar should help the Templars kill Hoax and Shadow.

These aren't just unnamed Mooks though. We're facing a Grandmaster and his entourage. This will be a very tough fight.

I was kind of betting on the wardens saving us with conscription.... :-|

Also, If worse comes to worse - i'm opening the **** book.

I was kind of betting on the wardens saving us with conscription.... :-|

Also, If worse comes to worse - i'm opening the **** book.

Conscription might have worked if not for two key factors here:

1.Grim is extremely loyal, and will do all in his power to see his job done.

2. He has orders to kill Shadow.

If Midnight rescinded those orders, maybe Grim would play nice.

Conscription might have worked if not for two key factors here:

1.Grim is extremely loyal, and will do all in his power to see his job done.

2. He has orders to kill Shadow.

What happened to the whole NO PvP?

Also, he has no orders regarding Hoax. She is outside his orders.

Yeah, conscription wouldn't work, mostly cause Grim said something about bring Midnight Shadow's head.

Still, the tome is something i'd like to see in action. If one thing could distract the Templars enough to allow a get--away, it'll be it..i think

Exactly what I said...

In fact, I don't know why Midnight gave out a killorder. I mean... Shadow is a pegasus. He can fly. Why shouldn't he go on ahead and do something else? I haven't read anywhere, that he is some kind of slave to the Wardens, not allowed to do something by his own.

Final thing I could try... Shapechanging into someone with a high rank of the Templars, but for that Nexar would need to know what he looks like.

Yeah, conscription wouldn't work, mostly cause Grim said something about bring Midnight Shadow's head.

Still, the tome is something i'd like to see in action. If one thing could distract the Templars enough to allow a get--away, it'll be it..i think

Which I will If i have to. Don't worry Shadow me old buddy - We're getting out alive. :)

PS - Shadow's execution order NEEDS to be retconned.

It's ridiculous, and goes against the rules of the RP.

Also, he has no orders regarding Hoax. She is outside his orders.

Midnight did say no PVP, yet he also was the one to put out the kill order.

True, but considering the fact she's fighting with Shadow, and is against the Templars there is no reason to interfere and save her. If anything she'd just be labelled as an enemy. I mean she's just broken into the Chantry vault and stole a Tevinter relic. She's done nothing to help the Wardens at all. While we have no reason to kill her, that's what the Grandmaster wants, and we have no reason not to let him do so.

Well, let's just face that winning is an impossibility. No way can is this a fight that can be one. Hoax might be able to take on one templar - if she was lucky. Maybe three or four if she had blood magic. But all it would take would be one or two holy smites and BOOM. Job done.

We could always have an intervention by the grand Cleric or somepony else.

Hoax has a plan B anyway...

Pretty much Hoax is the only one really bad off here.

Now you're sounding too overconfident to look like anything else than a Powergamer. I'm sorry, it's true that these Templars don't have a name written in golden letters above their head, but still they can easily be treated as capable fighters, trained by the best, serving a long tradition and most likely used to fight mages, demons and therelike. So I doubt that a single stallion would take on 5 of them at the same time. But if you feel like charging them, go ahead. I just can say, that this could be a welcome distraction for some to flee, and that you afterwards might just be alone vs the 13 Templars in total. Have a nice day. (And I really hope, that there wont be more powergaming than what already has been...)

Was this supposed to be a question? If so, it isn't actually quiet hard to look if it's moved, right?

Just in case: Yes, the thread got moved to the 18+ area.

I've started playing Dragon Age Origins today again, and all I can say is: it pretty much looks like if the whole world was afraid of magic and the Templars were the shield of Farelden to protect them from Mages and Demons. Oh yes, that definitly turns them into the good ones here.

I'm not saying that they aren't capable, the opposite actually. I'm pretty sure they are great since they are with the grandmaster. But Grim has been killing Templars since he could hold a sword and really blames them and himself for his fathers death. He'd never under any circumstances help them do anything. That however conflicts with the goal of Killing shadow because Grim was ordered to do so and Templar's are in his way.

I will try diplomacy, but I can't guarantee you the the town wont be painted red. Also don't get me wrong I'm not power gaming at all our characters have already been shown to be extremely dangerous in the thread. The grandmaster is the only real threat there and only because he has minions there.

Exactly what I said...

In fact, I don't know why Midnight gave out a killorder. I mean... Shadow is a pegasus. He can fly. Why shouldn't he go on ahead and do something else? I haven't read anywhere, that he is some kind of slave to the Wardens, not allowed to do something by his own.

Final thing I could try... Shapechanging into someone with a high rank of the Templars, but for that Nexar would need to know what he looks like.

I assumed it was because Midnight could sense the demonic possession and wanted him either near or dead for safety reasons.

Okay I'm saying now.

Midnight can't just go give an execution order. Its irrelevant that he made this RP - There are rules, and he is not above them.

We can't have Every warden trying to kill Shadow everytime he crosses paths with another player.

So... Grim is killing Templars ever since he could hold a sword? Then either there are only a few Templars left, or Grim is one of the most wanted criminals in whole Equestria.

Since when is Demonic Possession business of the Wardens?

Well... the only reason not to kill Shadow would be (for Nexar for example) that he doesn't want to kill someone who isn't evil. (as well as he doesn't have to carry out the orders of a Grey Warden...)

Okay, so replace the kill order with a capture order. We still don't want to be charging into the Templars and causing strained relations to blow through the roof and throw the politics of Ferelstria into disarray, probably earning our execution to ease things over. Rite of conscription would be the only way to go.

So... Grim is killing Templars ever since he could hold a sword? Then either there are only a few Templars left, or Grim is one of the most wanted criminals in whole Equestria.

Grim is a known apostate, and likely VERY wanted because of his mother's status. He did what he did out of self defense. him and his father moved around and often times fought and killed templars.

Grim is a known apostate, and likely VERY wanted because of his mother's status. He did what he did out of self defense. him and his father moved around and often times fought and killed templars.

Stretches credibility a tad, don't you think?

Um, not to stir trouble, but I thought he spent his life on the run from Templars? I mean there's quite a difference. As Nexar has been saying, if we approach this in a completely unbiased manner then the thought of a young apostate who doesn't know how to use his powers and his trained warrior father taking on hordes of Templars is a bit ridiculous. I mean small groups may be fair game with a bit of luck and some planning, but to say he's spent his entire life killing Templars, well, there's some things that not even a right of conscription can save you from. It takes a lot of convincing from Duncan just to get you off the hook if you play mage in Origins, and you haven't killed anyone.

Um, not to stir trouble, but I thought he spent his life on the run from Templars? I mean there's quite a difference. As Nexar has been saying, if we approach this in a completely unbiased manner then the thought of a young apostate who doesn't know how to use his powers and his trained warrior father taking on hordes of Templars is a bit ridiculous. I mean small groups may be fair game with a bit of luck and some planning, but to say he's spent his entire life killing Templars, well, there's some things that not even a right of conscription can save you from. It takes a lot of convincing from Duncan just to get you off the hook if you play mage in Origins, and you haven't killed anyone.

And in normal combat - AS I KEEP REPEATING - Templar beats Mage.