The Coltaran Chronicles: The Eye of the Gods (OOC: Open! Please apply!)

"...he is Reborn! I can feel his first breaths! I can hear his cries split the skies like thunder on the slopes of the Highmount! Oh, Gods, save us! The Lightbinder is Reborn! The Breaking of the World comes again! The Darkest Days are nigh! Run, run for your lives...the Lightbinder is Reborn!"

- The last words of The Seer, first of the Rahmane, prize of the Empress. Aged 2800~ years. Born year 100~ A.C. (After Cataclysm), deceased year 2731 I.E. (Imperial Era)

So begins the story of Coltara, fillies and gentlecolts. While I've been away, I made a few adaptations to the story which I will list below. This OOC will be the primary OOC from now on, while the other one will be used primarily for Lore Reference.

New Lore Added:

- The RP will start in the year 2751, twenty years after the infamous Hikarri War, a struggle between the Empire and the Hikarri Tribes who came out of the Frozen Wastes and crossed over the Ironmaw Peaks (mountains at the north edge of Icewalker's Dominion), invading the lands of the Empire on a warpath of destruction. The War was the result of the mistakes of High General Hollowbone, who had ordered the chopping down of a sappling of the Moon Tree, which the Hikarri had given the inhabitants of Icewalker's Dominion as a peace treaty to trade between their lands. When the sappling (named Silverbark) was torn down, four of the twelve Hikarri Clans rushed over the Ironmaws, thirsty for the blood of High Gen. Hollowbone. The Hikarri War lasted three years, extending all the way to the very walls of Ashen Gate (which would later be named "The Battle of the Crystal Walls) before the Hikarri retreated...dragging the body of the fallen Hollowbone behind them. Having come what they came for, the warriors of the four Hikarri Clans disappeared back over the Ironmaw Peaks. Ever since the Hikarri War, the Empire struggled to rebuild itself, but did so as quickly as possible. Now, no trace is left of the Hikarri War besides the Memorial that rests on the plains outside of Ashen Gate, in remembrance of those who had fallen. This war coined the phrase "Acting like a white-veiled Hikarri", which means that creature is acting violent or cold.

New Info on Darkwing and the Nightchildren:

- For several thousand years, it has been dangerous to utter the Specter's true name (Stalliar), for it is believed to bring great misfortune on whoever dares speak it. Nightchildren refer to Darkwing as "The Shadow King", since they consider speaking his name as blasphemous. Common euphemisms for Darkwing's name are; Darkwing, Prince of Lies, Sightblinder, Lord of the Grave, Shepherd of Despair, Heartsbane, Ol' Grim.

- The Nightchildren are ruled over by a Council of Thirteen, each of whom's identity is secret and all of which run countless cells of Nightchildren. It is rumored that one of the Empress' very own brood sits among them.

New Organizations:

- The Knights of Astral: A society holding strict ascetic beliefs, dedicated to the defeat of Darkwing and the destruction of all Nightchildren. Founded by a griffon named Lux "Lichbane" Stardancer during the creation of the Empire (2700~ years ago), to stand up against an increased number of Nightchildren. They evolved during that time into a completely military organization, linked to the Crystal Throne only in name. Extremely rigid in their beliefs, they are certain that they only know truth and right. They hate Rahmane and Sul'jin (magic of any kind, really), considering them Nightchildren and any who support them. They are known disparagingly as 'Silverplates'. Their sign is a swirling, golden sunburst on a field of silver.

Updates to the Blood (Nobles):

- The High Blood are now categorized into ten distinct, recognized Houses;

Silvarn (Equine): Located in Ashen Gate.

Terdas (Equine): Located in Riptide Bay.

Varsai (Equine): Located in Ashen Gate.

Thundertalon (Griffon): Located in Skyfall (a mountain city).

Icewalker (Equine): Located in Icewalker's Dominion.

Lumenka (Equine): Located in Arden'Dor (The Knights of Astral's stronghold city, this House supports the organization.)

Xing'Hai (Baraki): Located in Moonrise City.

Barlon (Equine): Located in Coltan's Rest (Militaristic House, directly tied to the Imperial Family).

Ysldamir (Equine): Located in Ashen Gate.

Alzahar (Zebra): Located in Harin'Dor.

- All members of the High and Low Blood play a political "game" called Los'Dimar, or "The Great Game". It is a brutal competition between rival Houses as they struggle for supremacy (similar to the struggle for the Crystal Throne in the Imperial Family). The only House which does not participate is the Baraki noble House of Xing'Hai, due to the fact that all Baraki are known to be peaceful, passive creatures. In recent years, murder has been done between Houses, something unheard of before the Hikarri War.

There may be more updates, so stay tuned! I will have the actual RP open soon.

Previous OOC (for Lore purposes):

RP Link:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh, only just noticed this. Has the rp actually started then? Not to nitpick, but there's no link to this in the other OOC, and there's no link to the rp in either OOC. I don't imagine I'm the only person who signed up in the other OOC who's not aware that this is now active. While I'm at it, I'm not 100% sure my app was accepted. Could I just have a little clarification please?

The Festival of Lights begins! (Just so you guys know, Coltaran culture is some-what Asiatic in appearance, so if you are putting your OC in a celebration, think of those details :) plus, with steampunk technology, I can't wait to see what you guys come up with! (No gunpowder) )

Yes, I am back and worse than ever.

[colour=#FF0000]Name: Lightning Dust[/colour]

[colour=#FF8C00]Sex: Female[/colour]

[colour=#008000]Age: Mare[/colour]

[colour=#008080]Species: Pegasus[/colour]

[colour=#800080]Appearance: Average in body with a slightly extended wingspan, sea-foam green in coat with a neat and slightly butch mane of alternating colours of orange. Her standing posture is strong, her trotting gait powerful. Her countenance is perpetually aggressive even when not moved, in the energy that naturally burns in her eye and the fact that her nostrils are always slightly flared. In recent months following her expulsion from the Wonderbolts she took to wearing a hooded brown burlap cloak at all times, to obscure herself from other's eyes while she reflects on her lot in life.[/colour]

[colour=#808080]Origins/Residence: Born in Cloudsdale, now a vagabond that wanders Equestria. [/colour]

[colour=#8B4513]Bio/Background: Lightning Dust was from birth a powerful immovable object of a filly, hard to dissuade from her conceptions of what was right in this world. Ponies did not easily earn her respect, and eventually Lightning lost her respect for others entirely, simply treating them fairly when it was convenient to do so and ignoring them otherwise, so difficult was it for others to get through to her. She grew up with the insatiable drive to achieve, to conquer, and she made a point of trying many things as a child to find her talent. She gained many friends- lost almost all of them eventually- and tried a great many things to find her talent, weather shaping, rainbow making, baking, and so on. She ultimately found her talent in high speed flight, and became a courier between Equestrian cities.[/colour]

[colour=#8B4513]She was offered a chance to join what she thought was the pinnacle of glory, the Wonderbolts. Lightning was impressed by only the Wonderbolts, and was sure that if she joined them she would indeed be the best of the best as her ambition demanded her to be. We of course all know the story from there; Lightning's personality was simply too twisted and she was deemed a disgrace to the Wonderbolts. The best had denied her. Suddenly without direction, Lightning fled into isolation. She quit her job, severed ties with family and the few friends who kept her contact, and went into wandering the lonely corners of Equestria.[/colour]

[colour=#8B4513]Lightning's personality was such that she couldn't properly reflect on her fate and mistakes in life. Instead she vowed to better herself anyways, to prove to her monster of an ambition that she could still claim the title of 'best'. Reinforced in her twisted self, she set about on a quest to improve herself beyond what most ordinary ponies could ever hope to accomplish. Lightning herself knew that Spitfire, the mare she had once aimed to please, was privy to a little known technique.[/colour]

[colour=#8B4513]The Phoenix Flame, the ability to cast blinding light and fly wreathed in fire as the legendary birds did themselves. Spitfire was perhaps well known for it, but Lightning intended to learn it all the same. She travelled to phoenix lands, impressed the beasts into letting her live among them as a young Spitfire had many years before. It was here, on the edge of Equestrian civilization, where Lightning heard whispers of things beyond this world, where magic and even ponies themselves were different. She heard, but she didn't believe. Instead, she learned. She learned slower than Spitfire had, but year through painful year drive carried her through and made her one of the few Equestrain ponies ever to gain such a rare power.[/colour]

[colour=#8B4513]Lightning was now convinced, that to be the best as she demanded so terribly of herself, she would have to tease out and seize all the secrets and powers Equestria had to offer. So she returned to society, donned her cloak, and became a seeker of the hidden. With infinite drive, quick body, and burning will she will surely wrest out the secrets of Equestria... and perhaps beyond.[/colour]

[colour=#B22222]Cutie Mark: A white lightning bolt being driven into three yellow stars. [/colour]

Can I still get in on this?

Of course you can :)

Also, Fern, I was hoping to open up the Equestrian Ark at a later date, but...I can make an exception, I suppose. Unless we can figure out a way she just so happened to stumble into the cross-dimensional world...? :D

Okay, made a first post, If there's anything there you don't like, then give the word and I'll change it. I'm not very familiar with Asiatic culture, so if it's too Western then just point it out. Also not too familiar with the crossover material, so if rankings and such are wrong, then, y'know.

hi again... should i make a new app for draco?... or did i forget to read something again?

Oh my goodness, kiddo... :lol: Okay, let me make this statement for everyone to see and acknowledge: ALL apps were accepted for the RP, with the exception of a couple who were sent to me via PM and which I had to decline upfront.

on another note.... which ashen gate house would draco fit into? since he is a high blood

That's up to you. Pick one, and I'll tell you about them. Since Draco is a...pony-dragon hybrid thing...most Houses would be ashamed of him. As a result, he may be looked down upon. Of course, he wouldn't have been four hundred years ago...but the reason behind that will be revealed later :)