A Requiem of Stars: Time's Demise (OOC: Open, Please Apply)

"...how much longer must we wait, brother? My bones ache from all this stasis. The Princesses' rule is weakening...why do we hesitate?"

"...because all the cards have not been set yet. Be patient, my dear sister...the time is almost at hand. But, of course...we have all the time in the world, don't we?"

"I cannot see how they can stand up against us. The Equestrians are weak...pathetic fools. The only defense they have are those cursed Elements of Harmony. But...hehe...not even those will protect them now."

"...you could be right. However, that matters not. Our other siblings have yet to arrive, and as you know...they will complain about not being let in the fun. We have been waiting for this moment to arrive for thousands of years...a few more weeks will mean nothing."

"But what of the Prophecy, brother? Surely we must be wary of that. We have seen what magic can happen when prophecy is involved...and this time we are it's target."

"Again...you worry to much. With the magic we have discovered, not even destiny can stand against us. The world of the Princesses is coming to an end...and a new age will be born. With the power of the Scepter...we shall be victorious. We are..immortal."

Plot:

...there was a time in Equestria, faded long from collected memory, where magic was the foundation of the land. Every inch of the earth was ruled by ferocious monsters that would be found only in nightmares, roaming the continent in search of power and wealth. Equestria was a dark, pitiless land then...the sun and moon did not exist, and the world was hidden in shadow. Light came only from the stars above, and heat could only be found within the earth. It was during this wicked time that ponykind and all other races hid from the monstrocities on the surface, and fear ran rampant in every soul. But, from the same darkness, arose eight powerful beings of god-like proportions who conquered the demons that walked the lands above and banished them to the realms of Tartarus. No one remembers who they were, or what they looked like...but it was they who created the Equestria we know today.

With the destruction of the monsters, they forged the Sun and Moon, created the rivers and oceans, and shaped the mountains and valleys. They were benevolent, and brought the cave-bound races out from the earth and into the new world above. Guiding these lost souls, the Eight made a pact with the weaker races that are known today. In exchange for protection of their new-found lives, they were to worship and obey the Eight as their saviors. For centuries this went on, until the advent of another race which came from across the recently-made oceans in search of whoever had done this worldly task; the Alicorns. At first, they co-existed peacefully with the other races and the Eight, whom they accepted as their new rulers and served as their protectors and perfect servants...but that changed. When the opportunity for wealth, power, and glory came, the Alicorns were unable to ignore it's temptuous call...and rose up from servitude to lay war against the Eight. The Alicorns were already stronger than the other races, and had magical strength of great equal, but even they were not more powerful than the Eight. Out of anger at their unjust uprising, the demi-gods annihilated the Alicorn race...reducing its numbers to the dozens.

In fear of the Eight's wrath, two Alicorns (later to be known as Luna and Celestia) set out from the rest of their race in search of salvation...and came upon a mythical artifact that had existed since the world's very creation: the Scepter of the Heavens. Using this divine object, the two young Alicorns struck back against the Eight, sapping their powers and banishing them to the four corners of the world. Upon the use of the Scepter, the two gained the abilities the Eight had over their creations in the world, and the Elements of Harmony were born. With this new-found power, they united the conscious beings of the continent and created what is now known as...Equestria.

Now, thousands of years later, the two Alicorns named Princesses Celestia and Luna, still rule over the land. However, their magic has begun to fail, and the days and nights begin to grow longer, for most of their magic has been mysteriously leaving their bodies. Ancient creatures stir beneath the earth, and old evils come again. Prophecy speaks that the Eight will return, having turns evil due to their long banishment...but also that they will be defeated by four heroes who transcend time itself...four heroes who destiny itself has shaped to become the saviors of Equestria. That time...is now.

Hello guys! I made this RP in the hopes of having an active, fast-paced story to enjoy with a few others :) basically, it is something for us to have fun with and play out to its fullest. Since there will be only four of us, it will be easy to manage and, thus, easy to play. I'll be accepting the best applications for this via either PM or in this OOC, and here is what I'm looking for:

Name:

Species:

Physical Appearance:

Personality:

Cutie Mark:

History (Background):

Simple, easy, to the point. I don't expect to see a lot about your characters in the beginning. I want to see them develop as we continue in the RP :D

[colour=#282828]Name: Krakauer[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Gender: male[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Species: Changling[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Physical Appearance: looks like a changling[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Personality: kind to others and rather not deceive ponies into loving him [/colour]

[colour=#282828]Cutie Mark: none[/colour]

[colour=#282828]History (Background): a changling who never thought that the their way of life was the right one so left his swarm (or what ever you would call a group of changlings) to live with the ponies. he takes on a pony form to make them feel more comfortable with him being there.[/colour]

Name:Cirrus Storm

Species: Unicorn

Physical Appearance: He has a somewhat average build. he has a dark bluish gray coat with an azure blue mane with an ice blue streak along the left side of his mane. his tail matches his mane

Personality:he is a bit childish when it comes to anything thats not really serious to him, but when it comes to those serious moments he tends to be a bit blunt. He also tries his best to remain calm under stress.

Cutie Mark: thundercloud with a dragon peaking out of the top

History (Background):Cirrus storm was a prodigy at an young age, being accepted into the school for gifted unicorns at as a colt,but was expelled shortly after. Cirrus likes to do research on dragons as much as he can.

((I apologize in advance xD))

Name: Shame

Species: born Unicorm

Physical Appearance: Due to the constant presence of his cloak, the only real features are his lack of visible muscle, his bleak demeanor and his powerful, life-filled eyes.

Personality: Multiple, yet often calm, and reserved, gloomy, and rather dark.

Cutie Mark: Hidden

History (Background): Spoilers ;)

Although I will say, he is a tad older than even the sisters. If more is necessary, please don't hesitate to ask!

Name: Tyrael

Species: Unicorn

Appearance: an ice white coat with mane and tail beginning with a bronze colour and finishing of with a blood red colour. He has a cocky look about him and a strut for a walk.

Personality: Tyrael is very Egotistical but if you can get past that he is actually a very nice and caring pony who would help anyone in any situation with little regard for himself. He can also be a huge flirt which he is far to often. And jokes oh the jokes that comes out of him he cant stop sometimes.

Cutie mark: A sword wrapped in chains

History: He doesn't like to talk about his history he always says there's nothing to find in the past but the pasts future.

[colour=#282828]I hope this app is okay...[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Name: Starbuster[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Gender: Female[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Species: Pegasi[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Physical Appearance: A lean, muscular, indigo body, Two-Toned dark blue and purple mane and tail, and deep teal eyes.[/colour]

Personality: A friendly mare, she is very likable and kind, once you get to know her. She can come off as somewhat too straightforward, and she's a flirt. She is intrigued by history, and collects strange objects that she finds uses for. She loves the nighttime and can often be found gazing at the stars. It almost seems like she never sleeps, but she's always pretty energetic.

Cutie Mark: Five stars surrounding a central star, covering another upside down star. She got it when she found she could read stars and had a knack for finding out the truth in many situations.

Background: Raised south of the badlands, she was adopted and lived in the snowy area, typically dealing with dragons, because her adoptive father fetched gems for them in return for protection. When she found she was adopted, she set off to find her real parents. She found she had a knack for direction during the nighttime, and reads the stars to guide her to where she wants to go. Typically she performs her service as a nighttime guide for free, and is often sent out on explorations to search for lost ponies, so she knows Equestria like the back of her hoof. Now she lives in Cloudsdale, lending her aid to ponies in need all over Equestria.

((Everytime I look in the OOC area you're have a thread Val.))

[colour=#282828]Name: Gideon[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Gender: Male[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Species: Cynogriffon[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Physical Appearance: Steel coloured feathers with a dark green patch on the chest. Dark green eyes. Muscular build.[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Personality: Intelligent, inventive, dependable, and adventurous, Gideon is always prepared most situations. He's humble in his own way and somewhat a loner. He loves the outdoors and is an avid explorer, he can usually be caught spelunking or creating some kind of new piece of equipment. He's pretty awkward around others, but if someone is in danger he wont hesitate to jump in an help them.[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Cutie Mark: none[/colour]

[colour=#282828]History (Background): Gideon was born in Stalliongrad and is the son of a black smith and an engineer. He learned everything he could of both of his parents professions and took to creating machines and forging metal with aptitude that was rarely seen. Despite his love of inventing the city was stifling, everything was too close together, there were too many citizens and everything was drab. Once he was old enough he left home to explore the wilderness of Equestria, only entering cities for prolonged periods to purchase supplies and conduct business. He sells the gems and precious metals he finds to earn bits, or uses them to invent new equipment.[/colour]

Name: Shadow Flare

Species: Pegasus

Physical Appearance: Mid-night black coat, with a red and black mane. Tail is firey-red, with Amber eyes that almost 'glow'

Personality: A pony that lets his actions do most the talking for him. Very disiplined and very fast (But nothing in comparason to Rainbow Dash).

Cutie Mark: A lightning bolt

History (Background): When Shadow was a young filly, an 'incident' happened (Spoilers) that stole his family away from him, his parents and his twin sister. He lived with his uncle, a member of the royal guard. Growing up, Shadow's uncle taught him many things about fighting. On his 18th birthday, he signed up for the Pegasus guards.

He quickly showed his abilites in sleath, being undetectible and collecting intelligence. He was, however, never recorded to have killed on a mission. Currently serving as Luna's head of secruity, he keeps his men alive at any cost. To him, the mission matters, but he will never leave a pony behind. He lives his personal quaters in Canterlot Castle, and is normally aware what is happening in the castle at all times.

I would like to apply, give me like 10 min since I shall need a computer

Name: Darkness Eclipsed

Species: Pegasus

Physical Appearance: He has a small build but is quite strong and tough, he is also fairly tall, coming only just under that of an Alicorn. He has a spiky, messy black and red mane and tail, both very voluminous. He has red hooves and markings in red splattered all over his body. You can find them on his forehead, nose, and cutie mark area

Personality: Darkness Eclipsed is a shy, isolate pony, he doesn't speak much and strays away from crowds to avoid confrontation. He does this because he hates rejection, and being outcasted. He wants to have friends but because of how he past is he tends to avoid ponies. If a pony does manage to become friends with Darkness he is the most loyal, dedicated and respectful of ponies, he will respect your wishes and keeps each and every secret you choose to reside within him.

Cutie Mark: His Cutie Mark is that of a mostly full moon and inside the moon is a compass.

History (Background): Darkness Eclipsed was born and raised just outside of Fillydelphia, he was the youngest of 4 foals his parents had, and to them he was corrupted. When he was born a Pegasus in a colony of Unicorns do they ostracized him. He was a sweet, kind, and caring young colt but his parents were always outcasting him and paying attention to his brother and 2 sisters more, saying he he didn't belong. He tried running away but was always caught and brought back. Even when school started he was left alone and made no friends as most avoided him, not being rude to him but not paying attention at all. This caused him to become shy and isolate, giving up on making friends and just silently went by school until he graduated.

As he aged he began to make some money with some odd tasks and erands for those he could get to help him, once he made enough he bought a train ticket and booked it to Canterlot. It took a week to travel there and once he got there he manged to stay in a cheap hotel for a the first few days. Soon he saw how warm and happy everyone was there an ventures out to explore. That's when he bumped into Moonlite Frost (another OC of mine). They talk gor a while after she coaxed him into speaking, This made him loosen up a bit and now he walks around Canterlot looking for a job. He stays with Moonlite and they have formed a Brother/Sister bond with one another and like to leave it at that.

Good news, everyone! We've just expanded the company (increased the slots)! Due to the popular demand, I've decided to add side-OC slots to the mix, as well as the primary OC slots. Now, don't think that being a side-OC means you have nothing to do with the story...not at all...but it simply means that you are an additional character, whom the Eight will regard as possible obstacles compared to the threat presented by the Mane Four (-wink wink-). Of course, you can always join them too...tee hee.

Main Slot One: Starbuster (Starbuster)

Main Slot Two: Shadow Flare (Shadowbolt0)

Main Slot Three: Tyrael (JokerOfJester)

Side Cast:

Gideon (TotalEcplise)

Cirrus Storm (Shadowblaze471)

Krakauer (Puzzlebeat)

Congrats to all of you! Now, I have a few important statements/questions I would like to address:

1. How do you guys feel about beginning in Canterlot with the Summer Sun Celebration...I think it'd be the perfect opportunity to begin the action right away, and also it'd be a really great party to crash :D

2. Posts don't have to be ridiculously long, but I do expect your entry post to contain a good amount of detail as to why you're in Canterlot, how you got there, and so on so forth. After that you're good to go :)

3. Do any of you have any problems with some violence? While there won't be that much in here, there may be the occasional death...plus a wee bit of blood.

4. I will accept Mane Six OCs, but if any of you do choose to make one, please be accurate while playing them and understand that they aren't the heroes in this story, the new Mane Four are :P

As long as they aren't too mane on show (mane 6, princesses, Derpy, CMC) the. I'm fine with death and violence is fine. I am of course fine with Canterlot but I won't be at celebration, will be near though. I am in Canterlot anyway as I live there. And finally OMG yay I made it, tanks (ps Ye I ment to spell I that way)

• Like 1

Oh sweet! :D thanks for the acceptance, and as a Mane Character, no less! As for my opinions on the subjects you brought up...

1. Summer Sun Celebration sounds like a good idea. However, which one would it be? An alternate version of the one nightmare moon came back on? the one after that? (Which would be my suggestion.) Or way in the future?

2. I'm cool with longer posts. I just think we should give enough material for the other characters to reply to. That seems to be a big problem I've had here. And Canterlot sounds like a great place to start the RP.

3. Violence and Death is cool with me, and there are some characters I'd rather not see go, but if it's needed to push the story onward, such as Celestia or Luna dying, I can see how that fits into the story.

4. As for the original Mane Six, I could see some of them being reoccurring characters, such as Twilight giving insight into the Eight, or perhaps some of them coming into combat with the heroes.

As for my own questions...

1. Would our characters already know each other? I can see how they wouldn't know each other, seeing as how some characters my character has never met in other RP's, but is this a universe where we know each other? Or it is just coincidence that we're all there together?

2. Is there going to be a posting order, or posting frequency that we shouldn't go past? Perhaps one post a day by each character, or have an order in which the characters post?

3. Pushing the story in the right direction. Where do we want it to go? Will we have talks in this thread about what areas look like, what's going on, who's where, and for errors in posts and things like that? I don't think we want too much OOC in the posts in the mane thread.

4. (This one's more for the other characters, since It's usually the biggest problem I've ever had.) Please guys, try not to have one sentence posts... It really kills the story. Some threads I've been in have derailed because of one sentence posts. Also, capitalization and grammar are a plus. :)

5. What if someone has to/does quit? Will a side character take their place as one of the Mane 4?

Hope i'm not being too much of a bother, just want to make sure we have everything on track before we start going anywhere.

Hmm...excellent questions, Starbuster, and I'll address each one.

Q1. Your OC's do not need to already know each other, they can be meeting for the first time if you wish. However, if you do want some pre-established connection, please bring it up with the person you wish to do it with and get their approval/opinion. It's a coincidence (or fate?) that everyone is getting together in Canterlot.

Q2. As for posting order...I would like to say atleast one post a day (for it keeps the boredom away :P ). More can be made if they are relevant.

Q3. We'll be discussing story-points and future events within the OOC, that I can assure you of :)

Q4. I agree, no one-liners pretty please...that kills RPs quicker than trolling.

Q5. If someone among the Mane Four quits, then a replacement will be made (and some derpy explanation of what happened to them, like them not actually being a hero of legend etc.). If more apps come in, I'll probably accept them if they are good, so we can have more variety.

I'll probably make the initial post of the RP by the end of the night, so please be patient!