Telephone Pictionary 7: "7 Games? That's an Academy Record!"

I decided to start with something a bit ambiguous, as always:

The Wonderbolts defend a pony from a scary monster.

Which BrainedBySaucepans drew as this:

tp7___bbs_by_brainedbysaucepans-d5qlg11.png

BBS: "And no, I have no idea what's up with that carrot...."

MyLittlePonyTales described it thusly:

A shadowy Discord reveals a glowing carrot to a stunned Carrot Top, while Spitfire and Soarin' prepare to grab it.

And Davroth drew this:

dkBir.png

Phil's interpretation of the picture went like this:

Two swift ponies compete for Discord's carrot.

Which led to Ping111's masterpiece (and our first character change of the game)

IT%27S%20A%20MASTERPIECE.png

Note: I'm not making fun. The filename is IT'S A MASTERPIECE.png

Linkhopper tells it like it is:

A lovely carrot shoots out of discords nostril, landing on rainbow dash, lighting dust then proceeds to immediately fall in love with the carrot.

Which Weesh gave us a different spin on:

telpic7_zps39392f38.jpg

OilWells cuts to the heart of the matter:

"Lightning Dust found Rainbow Dash's discomfort fairly amusing."

And AngieCakes knew just how to portray this:

telepic001_zps1f7d1d3a.jpg

Tenkan's line pushes us in yet another new direction:

Spitfire mocks a pony's involuntary gender change.

Fawkes' picture is a sad day for Soarin':

Telly20Pic-page-001_zps20c29ef7.jpg

Leading to the final line of the game by StarStorm:

Spitfire is annoyed that Lightning Dust named a pie bar with lesbian Wednesdays after her

And there we have it fillies and gentlecolts! Good game!

I'll do a follow up post a bit later once folks have had time to look over this.

• Like 6

I love how the Wonderbolts completely disappeared just to reappear in the very last picture. XD

I love to purposefully leave characters vague, just so that kind of thing might happen. ;)

This one was fun. Lots of neat changes in interpretation and what was considered important. :D

Well done guys! Definitely worth the wait!

OIlwells' line is stellar. It reads well, shows a unique interpretation, and forces the next person to make a creative judgement.

Can someone explain how to scan a coloured pencil sketch without it getting washed out?

Another note:

I decided that "carrot" could be a pony, but then intentionally designed a new male carrot rather than using Golden Harvest.

Amusing because, firstly, it almost meant the return of Golden Harvest after a picture without her and, secondly, we somehow got a lesbian theme going on by the end of contest anyways.

After typing that, I realize that it was likely not a coincidence that the first picture had Golden Harvest AND a carrot. It really was excellent execution.

After typing that, I realize that it was likely not a coincidence that the first picture had Golden Harvest AND a carrot. It really was excellent execution.

And now I'm blushing. Great.

Originally it wasn't Golden Harvest, but a soon as I drew the carrot I knew I had to redraw that bit... I still wish I just knew WHY I drew a carrot there though.

Ah, is the "[colour=#282828]BBS: "And no, I have no idea what's up with that carrot....[/colour][colour=#282828]"[/colour]" line your words rather than Diego's?

Are carrots intrinsically funny? Maybe not, but they have a long history in cartoons and the substitution for something actually dangerous brought a smile to my face.

Glad everyone enjoyed this! It was definitely a fun one.

Now, I have a request. I love doing these games, and it's always fun to see how things progress from person to person. However, I would love to have a chance to participate in the game without knowing all the previous entries, just once. I want to be able to do a line or a drawing without knowing what came before so I can get that "what the heck?" moment, and then see the final result all laid out for the first time. :D

So, would anyone else be interested in running a game? No pressure, I'll still do the next one if no one wants to. Just figured I'd ask. You're more than welcome to straight up copy my OP if that helps. :)

Hey, how about we get the whole TP team together and play Draw My Thing on Skype? I think it would be an awesome time!

Podcast guys: Is there some cool way that we could get a CV/TP team up?

Do I smell a contest? Silly idea: Whichever team sticks closer to the original line wins...?

Hey, how about we get the whole TP team together and play Draw My Thing on Skype? I think it would be an awesome time!Do I smell a contest? Silly idea: Whichever team sticks closer to the original line wins...?

Or two teams make a series, and then put it up a poll on and ask the other canterlot people to vote on which one they like the best? Maybe we could get Artax/Autumn to give the winning team a prize icon? A triple collaboration between CV, TP and the admin!

Or maybe a race! Two teams see who can get through ALL of their members the fastest!

• Like 1

What is Draw My Thing?

It's a game on a website called OMGPop, which is free to signup (you don't even need to-play as a guest). When it's your turn, you're given a word or phrase and you have to draw it (writing it is against the rules), and everyone else has a minute to guess! The first person to guess it correctly gets 3 points, everyone else gets 1, and the drawer gets 2 if anyone guesses.

If you're ever available, I can give you a short demo.