[Ready] Jigsaw

Frost137

Roleplay Type: WoE

Name:Jigsaw (Accepts the nickname Puzzle or Piece of Puzzle Piece itself.)

Sex: Female

Species: Pegasus

Eye colour: Very light blue gray. Her eye shape is somewhat slit and not wide and cute as most ponies have. Her eyes are also off center, she wears glasses sometimes.

Coat: A very dark blue (#0E1261) and her muzzle is "white skin" colour.

Mane/Tail: Her mane is shoulder length, wavy, has darker highlights, and has bangs. Dirty blonde. Her tail is in the same form.

Physique:Fit and taller than the average pony height by one inch. Her wings are much more formal and elegant than others.

Residence: Currently in Stalliongrad, her secondary home is Camp Little Lake, a summer camp in Whitetail Wood. Born in Ponyville.

Occupation: Counselor/instructor at a summer camp. (Camp Little Lake, Whitetail Wood)

Cutie Mark: A jigsaw puzzle piece

Story: Her parents always told her whenever she asks about her foalhood, she liked toys and mostly puzzles. When she reached her filly age, she had problems fitting in with everyone because she thought she was never needed. It was not because the others didn't like her, it was because she was socially awkward and never thought she would fit in. Her parents later found out about her not having any friends. Her mum did tell her about how puzzle pieces are special. Each one has a role, linking together to form a big picture. As she told the story, she picked up one piece and places with another one and completed the puzzle.

Jigsaw's mind didn't let the story sink. Until the next day of school. Jigsaw had one friend (I didn't say she was totally friendless and all that other stuff!!!!). Her friend understood her well, but seemed to like her which was pretty odd to Jigsaw, but at LEAST she had a friend to talk to. But her friend also thought she was useless (notice how Jigsaw thinks she's not needed and separates herself from others, but her friend thinks she's useless because she had low self-esteem.) since she was just one of the blank flanks that was teased everyday. So Jigsaw told her the puzzle story.

Her friend brightened up and was encouraged by Jigsaw's story. She seemed to understand so well, but Jigsaw couldn't help but ask how and why she was so happy. Her friend told her that everyone is an individual and helps everypony else or like teamwork in a way. Her friend told her that she is one of those pieces and helped create the bigger picture by encouraging her to help her in the future.

Jigsaw has a little brother, Three Cloud. She loves him dearly. He was always jealous of her ability to fly since he is an earth pony. He wished he was a pegasus or a unicorn like his dad, somepony special. Jigsaw tells him the jigsaw puzzle story. She tells him if you keep you head up high and think you are special and higher than the clouds then you will become somepony special. "You are somepony special." She says. "Like a puzzle piece with it's tabs and slots, you are special." She realizes that she was a pony to teach little foals that they are special with their special talents. Jigsaw sets her goals to be a leader to foals. *poof with cutie mark.*

History: Born and raised in Ponyville, but is studying at University of Stalliongrad.

((Childhood: The Cutie Mark story just shows a slice of life. Socially awkward.)) Her parents are Blue Train (toy maker, unicorn) and Sparkling Star (pegasus). They always loved her and deeply miss Jigsaw when she left for Stalliongrad. She has a little brother, Three Cloud (earth pony, somewhere in the family line the was an earth pony). Jigsaw also loves her brother and is willing to babysit him whenever her parents work. Jigsaw, as I said before, is studying at University of Stalliongrad. She is studying the cultures of ponies and non-ponies and learning the dialect. She is also learning to be a babysitter. Jigsaw is currently working as a counselor and photography instructor. How she got there? She really wanted to work with children. She doesn't have the knowledge to teach kids, but has the ability of knowing photography. How does Jigsaw know and likes photography and all of those stuff? Sparkling Star is an model and when Jigsaw was little they would do photo shootings. Now about her eyes being all off center and having the need of glasses, nopony made fun of her about it. She wouldn't care otherwise.

Hopefully, from here she achieves her goals of becoming more than just a counselor.

Character Summary: Jigsaw's talent is photography, and teaching kids. She uses these talents to teach the foals at the summer camp. Her motivation in life is to teach the little ones and help them grow.

Her personality: Aside from the foals, she's the very mature type. She dislikes the immature nonsense from a mare/stallion. She's not the formal type like the ponies in ties and suits but she just dislikes immaturity, but in a way she is a hypocrite. Somewhere deep in heart, she hasn't put away the childish things such as her puzzle games and her childhood since it links to her cutie mark and that part of her heart relates with the foals. Along with disliking immaturity, she becomes impatient. Now, away from the bad, Jigsaw is a very calm person and takes delight with the foals. She is very passionate about her goals and stick to them. She is very calm in the day until the dark. She is more energetic at that time than usual.

Reason why she is always like taking care of foals and such is from her parents. Her parents were a role model to her and her brother. She said "I want just want to be like you!" once she was about to have a brother. Another reason why she is a little annoyed with immaturity with older ponies is that same trait remained with her mother since she is a model and high up in society. But for Jigsaw with children, she finds delight in foals because they're so cute and are still growing.

Likes: Puzzles, they make her think and calms her down. Foals, staying fit, camping, getting down and dirty and rowdy (one of her ironic/hypocritical features).

Dislikes: Immature grown ponies, being tickled, spiders

Appearance: Sometimes seen with a green camp sweatshirt and/or glasses.

She worries that foals might give up on what they might like doing or think they're useless. Hopefully, she does the best she can to change that and also let the foals try new things and see what else they like.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there, I notice that there's been some time in development here, and that you may be having some problems finishing the last application categories!

I'd just like to offer up that there's a range of ideas that you could implement for character summary and history, which I shall attempt to outline some basic pointers for below! :)

• Does she have any side ambitions or dreams? Is she happy just being a counselor or does she wanna get into doing more with her talent?
  • What are her fears and loves in life: is there anything that really makes/ruins her day that you haven't considered already?
  • Does she enjoy her work? What kinda things does she do there in her role, and does she feel fulfilled/content with doing that?
  • Just reread your application as though you were an outsider, and think about anything that might lend itself to you upon reading it again. Ideas can come to you right when you least expect it, or when you mentally detach yourself from your own work. It's not guaranteed, but sometimes doing such things can inspire unexpected ideas.

​Typically we don't offer advice for WIP applications, but seeing as this application has been in limbo for a week or so, I decided to see if there was any way we could help inspire. RPH and SRPH are here at everyponies disposal, so never feel like you can't approach us for any potential assistance/prompting as far as character applications go!

Whilst we can't write your application FOR You, we can offer up hints and ideas about what you can do for ideas and elements of character applications that you may have missed or never even originally considered possible. I look forward to seeing just what you come up with, and wish you well on your roleplaying endeavours! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Frost137!

I see you've taken Robi's suggestions to heart and have improved this app greatly! I commend you for this!

All of the required fields are filled, and it looks very well written.

One thing I see that could pose a problem is the cutie mark story, it's a bit too simplistic.

Usually, there is much more in the way of events and thought process for a pony to obtain their cutie mark.

I fear this cutie mark story is a tad bit too short.

If you could some of elaborate on it some more, I think that would really help this app!

:D:D:D

• Like 1

Good work, Frost137! Though the Character Summary is a bit brief, I believe the 'story' and other details make up for it. Good job!

Frost137, I didn't catch this earlier but one of the Senior RP staff did when they revlewed the app, but there is a problem here with the term/field of "videography.' In the World of Equestria, as is depicted in the cartoon series, the movie industry is in its infancy and at best, very primitive (like 1940-ish in US terms). Thus, there is no 'videography' at present in the kingdom. so it could not be taught at a summer camp or anywhere else. Need to remove all references to this in the app in order to move it forward.

• Like 1

Personally I think the history section and character summary could use some work.

The history section should be telling the abridged story of your pony's past, rather than what's happening at the present time. Things from foalhood-present day, and everything in between!

Also, the summary could use more detail. It's one sentence, pretty much. You could go into detail about what she does in her spare time, how she feels about work, what she contributes to a circle of friends... A lot of things can be described here! Mo things is mo better! :)

Going to agree with Imagination here, seeing as the summary is a little bare - take her as a pony, condense some of the interesting facts and let us know more about how she is in the world around her, maybe just giving us a snapshot of the things she enjoys when she's not being a professional, what her overall opinions about what she does are, her social life (to reasonable degrees) and pretty much anything that might help to give a casual glimpse of how this character interacts with the world around her and such.

As for her history section - again, as Imagination has put it, this is pretty much where you make a condensed rundown of who she is as a pony, and how her life has been up until this point - we're not asking, of course, for insanely long historical accuracy, but this will help for ponies to better understand her motivations and character developments in RP.

I'm pretty sure you've got this though, so I look forward to seeing just how this application turns out at the end - looks pretty good so far though! ;)

Just a little more detail about her personality and such, yes - are they a likeable pony, do they have quirks, or things that annoy/make them happy...stuff like that.

basically any l'il additions that you think might help a user looking over this application to understand on how the pony themselves act/think, and how that might affect Roleplay scenes!

Just a little more padding out and fine tuning, and I think the application could well have some legs to roll with! :D

• 2 weeks later...

The best I can tell you is that Senior RP staff are still in the process of reviewing it, Frost137.

I'm truly sorry that this is taking so long, but it's in the hands/hoofs of my superiors now.

I wish I had more to tell you, but that's all I have.