[Tier 3] Wheat Grass [Ready]

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria

Name: Wheat Grass

Sex: Female

Species: Earth pony

Eye colour: Persian green; wears pale purple eyeshadow

Coat: Cream, wears a red pancho with white trim, pale blue peace sign earrings, pink teashades, and a white headband

Mane/Tail: Light orange, her mane thick and straight, parted down the centre of her head and droops almost to her hooves. Her tail is nearly the length of her hair and she drags it along the ground when she walks, leaving it very dirty.

Physique: Slim and lanky

Residence: Nimbusgait Lakes

Cutie Mark: Peace sign with a black outline and coloured green, a green stalk of wheatgrass pointing north-east, and a black line curving in on itself pointing south-west.

History: Wheat Grass was born to an affluent family in Manehatten, where she was pampered and coddled as a filly. Young Wheat was very unhappy though; she knew she should be grateful for all the spoiling, but everything felt empty and meaningless to her. Only being in the peace of nature did Wheat feel content. She would organize picnics and outings with friends at local forests, making music with them and making small decorations out of flowers. One day though, it was announced her favourite woods were going to be flattened to make way for a training barracks. Wheat and her friends protested this intrusion, but when the construction crews actually showed up, Wheat was abandoned by her friends. Alone, she stood in front of her beloved trees, defenseless yet resolute, and stayed there for days, drinking only rainwater and eating the local grass. Eventually the crew surrendered, too afraid of a public backlash if they tried to move the filly by force. Wheat was awarded with her cutie mark, a symbol of peace and nature. Having found her calling in nonviolent protest, Wheat wandered Equestria for a time, growing into a mare. She met her best friend Flax Seed during her travels, and the two eventually settled down at Nimbusgait Lakes where they opened a communal farm, and attracted a number of like-minded ponies who wanted a simple nature-oriented life. There she and Flax developed "Goops for Stuff", an all-natural beauty product that was highly effective but labour-intensive to produce even small amounts of. Then the two made an unwise deal with con artists, and if Wheat and Flax couldn't pay them back they would be forced to sell the farm to the con artists. A combination of selling Goops at ridiculously low prices and hardly anypony buying it in the first place lead to Wheat and Flax growing desperate, and they opened "Flax & Wheat's New Age All-Natural Wellness Centre", promising that a week of making Goops would be spiritually beneficial.

Character Summary: Wheat Grass is kind and well-meaning, but naïve and totally lacking any business sense, selling Goops for four bits a bottle. To meet new friends, Wheat will distribute flyers advertising her community to gather like-minded ponies willing to work hard together. Her technique of selling Goops involves giving bottles in exchange for work on the farm and setting up a stand by the farm, hoping desperately for somepony to walk by so she can extol the virtues of her product (sometimes she will just thrust a bottle into a potential customer's face without explanation, which usually scares ponies away). She is a dedicated worker, waking up at five o'clock every morning to work on her farm with the other farmers to harvest the Goops materials. Wheat likes to sing communal songs, gaze at crystals to better understand the workings of the universe, attend counterculture events, and encourage ponies to live in harmony with nature. She dislikes materialism, the sterileness of cities and suburbs, war, and urbanisation. While she cooks for the farmers, her cooking is terrible. Although patient, even Wheat can be exasperated by Flax's addled mind, rolling her eyes at him or even covering her eyes with a hoof. When seriously upset, Wheat will try to meditate while performing aromatherapy to calm down, telling herself that her anger only will fill Equestria with more negativity.

Full body

Wheat%2520Grass.jpg

Head

Wheat%2520Grass%25202.jpg

Cutie mark

Wheat%2520Grass%25203.jpg

• Like 2

You might want to include a picture of this character I have no idea who she is ^^;

OK, I managed to find some scans of Wheat, and incorporated them into the profile.

I've since noticed that one of the rules is that the characters need to keep up with canon, and I stopped short of all of Wheat's official story. Should I hide it with spoiler tags?

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you.

Just need two more Staff approvals before this app can be officially 'accepted' into Cast. :D

NOTE: according to WoE rules, you are only allowed one Ready and one WiP app in the Applications forum at any given time. As you already have a Ready app under evaluation, please change the status of either this thread or the other to WiP. Once the Ready app is approved, the WiP one will be allowed to be switched back to Ready. :)

NOTE: according to WoE rules, you are only allowed one Ready and one WiP app in the Applications forum at any given time. As you already have a Ready app under evaluation, please change the status of either this thread or the other to WiP. Once the Ready app is approved, the WiP one will be allowed to be switched back to Ready. :)

Thank you. I lost interest in the other application a while ago, so I'm not sure if I even want to keep it now. I'm only interested in Wheat Grass for the time being. Is it permissible to delete Knight Shade?

Acknowledged. Knight Shade will be archived just in case you want to work on him again. ^^

Anywho, Wheat Grass's character summary will need some beefing up before we can stamp this app. As of now, it's really just a collection of factoids, but it won't be that way for long! Here's what our app sheet suggests:

Character Summary:[colour=#663366] Finally, we get to the most important part: the heart of the character. Here, you need to describe for us just who your character is! The focus here should be on presenting a personality first, as really it's the most critical thing to any RP! Again, you should be as inventive and as thorough as you are able. Good characters will be unique, well-rounded and well thought out personalities! Here are some of the basic questions you might consider answering here to at least get you started:[/colour]

• [colour=#663366]What are your character's talent? What manner of things does he or she excel at?[/colour]
  • [colour=#663366]What is his or her motivation in life? How about dreams or goals?[/colour]
  • [colour=#663366]What kinds of things does your character like? What does he or she dislike?[/colour]
  • [colour=#663366]Does your character have any hobbies? What does he or she do with his or her time?[/colour]
  • [colour=#663366]How does your character behave in general? What's it like to be around him or her? How is he or she at making friends?[/colour]
  • [colour=#663366]What are your character's faults? What isn't he or she good at? Where does he or she always seem to fail?[/colour]
  • [colour=#663366]Does your character have any fears or worries?[/colour]

If you can work on the summary so that it mentions clearly how Wheat will behave in various situations in WoE (dealing with customers, finding potential new friends, dealing with hardships and annoyances, and so forth), that will be awesome! Give us a shout if you have any more questions. :)

Acknowledged. Knight Shade will be archived just in case you want to work on him again. ^^

If you can work on the summary so that it mentions clearly how Wheat will behave in various situations in WoE (dealing with customers, finding potential new friends, dealing with hardships and annoyances, and so forth), that will be awesome! Give us a shout if you have any more questions. :)

Thank you.

There she and Flax developed "Goops for Stuff", an all-natural "spirit enhancer" that doubled as a beauty product that was highly effective but labour-intensive to produce even small amounts of. Then the two made an unwise deal with the con artists Flim and Flam, and if Wheat and Flax couldn't pay them back they would be forced to sell the farm to the con artists. A combination of selling Goops at ridiculously low prices and hardly anypony buying it in the first place lead to Wheat and Flax growing desperate, and they opened "Flax & Wheat's New Age All-Natural Wellness Centre", promising that a week of making Goops would be spiritually beneficial.

Spoiler

Their one and only customer, Rarity, turned out to be their saviour. After Wheat explained their situation and Rarity was convinced of the superiority of Goops, Rarity taught Wheat and company efficiency in producing Goops and the business sense to properly sell it. Traveling to Canterlot, Wheat, Flax, and the other farmers sold Goops at Rarity's "Art of the Dress" fashion show, attracting the likes of Hoity Toity and Photo Finish. Wheat thanked Rarity deeply before going off to see what the Canterlot elite had in store for them. Could Wheat and the rest keep their integrity, or will they sell-out in the name of success?

I have two problems with this application. The first is reference to cast -- Flim, Flam, and Rarity -- as well as reference to any other cast -- need to go, unless you have express permission from their WoE players. I'm not sure if this canon is connected to the comic series, but this roleplay type is not faithful to the comic. My second concern is this talk of "goops." Vague or not, it's referencing questionable substances, which is an element that does not belong in World of Equestria. Please remove these things from your application. If you need any creative guidance, Bellosh is an expert of his craft, and will happily give you further ideas.

Thanks!

As Rarity's player in the WoE Rp, I authorize the mentions of her in this application.

Thank you. I ended up removing all references to Rarity though; if this role-play fails to recognise the IDW stories then anything that actually happened to Rarity in "How Rarity Got Her Groovy Back" would not be counted.

You may use those events from the comics: You just need the cast owner's permission, and in regards to how we treat the comics it is up to the players of characters involved- just like it is with the show, really, since board canon is not necessarily show canon either.

You may keep Goops and Stuff- it isn't a reference to anything illicit. To avoid future misinterpretation, you could use full names like for the Hoof Scrub and Bath Soak.