Friendship Is Magic Issue #7

Another great issue. Don't want to spoil it, since it's still pretty new..

What I liked..

I really like Amy Mebberson's art in this one along with Heather Breckel's colours..Very Disney-ish animation cell type art.

We actually see a female member of the R.E.A..(The captain on the first panel of the first page)

Nice contrast between the shadow creatures and the Diamond Dogs. The second Rainbow starts to act brash, they simply point out if she doesn't shoosh they'll just kill her. Yikes.

Two Doctors standing next to each other.

Nightmare Rarity is one cool gal.

What I didn't

Yeah, it's the middle issue.

Amy's Celestia looks a bit odd.

This issue was really intense. a lot focus on Rarity and Spike, I like that.

Apparently grabbing a unicorns horn may keep them from spell casting... Interesting.

More on the Nightmares powers, always nice to hear.

That boy Spike has so much heart, I honestly felt bad for him.

Apparently grabbing a unicorns horn may keep them from spell casting... Interesting.

Yeah. This is something they did on the show. Just smack that sucker!

I was looking forward to more Luna :x

They hinted at Luna playing a significant part in the Nightmare's existence to begin with in issue #6, but they glossed over it in #7 and the focus shifted to Spike and Nightmarity. I have a feeling that Luna is just going to explain a lot of stuff in issue #8 and not do much.

That being said, I enjoyed this arc. Nightmare is srs business and the comics in general have made my more adventure-oriented fandom dreams come true. :)

Nightmarity not swayed easily by Spike? Yes. Yes yes yes. All my yes. Our heroes can't seem to stop her? Suspenseful. Twilight not pulling a game-winning maneuver yet? Glorious.

Let's keep it moving. :D

I really liked how Luna teleported from the moon to earth...Love to see that animated..Woosh! :Luna:

Makes me wonder if it actually wsd teleportation. One of my dreams wad to draw graphic novels. The animation is universal almost, like almost.

From what I saw, it suggested a burst of super speed. Magically induced obviously.

I hate to barge in, especially since I'm new here, but I wanted to have my input on this comic.

When I read the end of Issue #6, I was incredibly hyped to see my favorite pony become one with the darkness.

Then I instantly became disappointed at the start of Issue #7.

Not saying that the comic in the whole was terrible, I greatly enjoyed it. I loved how brave Spike was in fighting his way to save Rarity. Also, the secretive reason why Rarity was chosen to become the new Nightmare Queen.

The thing that I was sad about was to find out that the Nightmare was a separate entity. All this time, I thought the darkness was a symbiotic-type creature that makes the host more aggressive and evil. Not to the point where it takes total control of the user. Would have made things a lot personal to the rest of the Mane Six. To me personally, it was a bigger letdown than when Twilight Sparkle, the worry-some pony who reads books all day, becomes a princess.

Sorry for my ranting. :oops:

• 2 weeks later...

They cleared up a few things that were bugging me, ramped up the danger, and gave more personality to the villains.

I was having a blast at this point in the last 4 comic series, so having hope of a good conclusion is a step backwards.