Restarting this topic by community request. Let's try this again:

• All female society, though males are very special. The Queen can even determine which sex her babies will be.
  • Spend all day sniffing flowers.
  • Create massive stockpiles of sugar.
  • Kamikaze venom harpoons of wrath on butts. Queens are able to sting without dying.
  • New Queens are created by throwing a normal larva in a special chamber and flooding it with a special food called "Royal Jelly."
  • Newly hatched Queens will hunt down rival Queens, even pulling them out of their maturation chambers to engage in mortal combat for supremacy of the Hive.

How cool is that?!

[colour=#ff0000]Notice: Posting the "Not the Bees" video will result in a warning. It's not appropriate for this site.[/colour]

KCPvXco.gif

• Like 3

Kamikaze venom harpoons of wrath on butts.

HEY! They aren't harpoons of wrath!

Not only has bee venom been used for therapy for centuries, but it has now been discovered that it kills HIV! Bees are bros to humans. They can almost do no wrong! (Well ok... if they swarm at you then that isn't good and it can kill you... or if you're allergic...)

I mean let's look at the positive things bees do...

1) give us honey. Everyone loves honey.

2) They make sure we can breath! If they didn't pollinate we'd have serious issues with plant life successfully growing.

3) They kill HIV

4) Their venom does other awesome therapeutic stuff (granted its the same stuff that kills HIV)

5) Create beeswax (also awesome stuff)

• Like 1

Bees won't sting you unless you do something wrong. Same goes for all other animals. They don't just attack at random without proper provocation, intended or not. It's really sad because bees are responsible for a huge part of our food supply, but they are disrespected/feared because of their natural self-defense.

I saw a photo in a magazine once that compared a breakfast made with and without bees, and it was startling how much went missing. I need to find it again.

• Like 1

[colour=#ff0000]Notice: Posting the "Not the Bees" video will result in a warning. It's not appropriate for this site.[/colour]

The newer Wicker Man film is terrible. Don't watch it.

And it's PG-13.

That's a lot of bees.

Einstein says how humankind has four years left to survive if bees went extinct.

Not the bees

Not the bees

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah

Un4lt4L.gif

Einstein says how humankind has four years left to survive if bees went extinct.

Whatever happened to that mass media scare about the bees dying last year? It was all about the news for a while, and then I didn't really follow up on it. Apparently they didn't go extinct, since I can still buy honey and get bee stings.

Anyways, isn't it kinda weird how rare bees are in fiction? I mean, there's a few, but with insects that adorable and fluffy, I find it curious that there are not more then there are. Insects would deserve some more popularity then they have. I think spiders are to blame, they give all the other arthropods a bad name.

The Japanese honey bee also kills those hornets, specifically the scouts so they can't go and get their friends! :D

I looked into this, omg, this is amazing

800px-Honeybee_thermal_defence01.jpg

[colour=#000000]"[/colour][colour=#000000]The Japanese hone[/colour][colour=#000000]ybees ([/colour]Apis cerana japonica[colour=#000000]) forming a "bee ball" in which two hornets ([/colour]Vespa simillima xanthoptera[colour=#000000]) are engulfed and being heated." [/colour]

[colour=#000000]Its like they are hugging them to death! Awwwe![/colour]

And then the Bugmaster arrived.

Praying-Mantis-2.jpeg

Ahhh bees... The winged, yellow and black portion of the arthropod euro-social trio. (The other two being ants and termites) I must say, I prefer ants to bees because they don't have wings and have to be a bit more creative. But I digress. Bees are such amazing creatures, with immensely fascinating behavior. When I compare human society to bee society, bee's excel us in many ways. We wouldn't be able to live without bees, but they certainly could live without us.

• Like 3