Zecora goes to Canterlot (Open Rp)

QuickLime

Zecorafbanner.jpg

Zecora had decided that now was the time...She had been in Ponyville for quite a while and wanted to explore more of Equestria! She packed her saddlebags and stepped on to the train, riding it happily to Canterlot...She had never ridden a train before and the experience was so exciting! Zecora was deeply fond of new experiences!..The looming peaks of the Canterlot buildings drew ever closer and soon enough her train had stopped.

Zecora stepped out of the train and glanced up, her eyes widening in surprise at the sight of the massive city that lay all around her! It was like a jungle in it of itself! Zecora was eager to see all the wares the shop keepers had to offer! To taste the unique foods, to hear the music! But for a moment Zecora felt like a little filly all over again, very small and very lost, and it was for a second that she stood there doing nothing!

But just like that she shook her head to clear it

[colour=#808080]"No no no! This will never do! Zecora behave we have exploring to do!"[/colour]

After giving herself the kick in the butt she needed, Zecora continued her walking, a nice paced, quick trot so she could cover as much ground in one day as possible! Oh this was so exciting!

Mended_Heart_cmark.png

Mended Heart stood far away from the hoof traffic. She disliked being in enormous crowds, but then again why does she live in Canterlot where there were a bunch of ponies living here? Mended Heart considered moving to Ponyville after meeting Cranky Doodle Donkey, but would her mother allow it since she was financially poor? Maybe the family could live there, easy enough!

The unicorn saw the train from Ponyville arriving and all of its passengers exiting. Mended Heart wanted to go back and see her friends or maybe she can, if they were here, she can meetup with them and take them around Canterlot! Mended Heart stood on a chair and peered over the crowds. .... .... .... There was nopony she knew.

Everypony was giving her wild looks because she was standing on a chair with her two hind legs. Slowly, Mended got off the chair and walked alongside the crowd. Maybe having one of the most finest deserts of Canterlot would ease her a bit. Just behind the street was the desert store. Was it a desert store? Mended Heart didn't know, but the store did sell some baked goods. Oh the aroma of bagels, donuts, and cakes made her mouth water. The mare hopped right into line. She couldn't decide what to have, chocolate, vanilla, or strawberry cake?

Moon Walker, clad in the usual golden REA armor, had just finished his usual patrol, and it was getting close to time for a lunch break. He did another loop around, just to be safe, then flew down and took off his helmet. Surprisingly, he did not have helmet hair, and his mane fell into place perfectly with little issue. He wondered what he might have for lunch that day when, while passing near the train station, he noticed a zebra. He blinked. It was not entirely unusual to see a zebra in Canterlot, but it was very, very uncommon. Judging by the way she was looking at everything around her, he guessed she had probably never been to Canterlot before. A tourist, then. Well, it would probably be a good idea to welcome her. There was little need for him to be stiff, formal, and all-business when he was on break. He made an easy landing and waved a hoof at the zebra.

"Hey there!" He trotted over to her in light steps and smiled. "Welcome to Canterlot!" He paused a moment, then looked down at himself, noting it's possible someone might misinterpret a guard's approach, and laughed. "And don't worry, you're not in trouble. I'm off-duty at the moment. I'm Moon Walker. I just wanted to give you a warm welcome to this beautiful city, and I hope you're going to enjoy your time here. If there's anything you need like directions or anything at all, please let me know."

• 2 weeks later...

Zecorafbanner.jpg

Zecora was a little started to hear a sudden greeting, but she grinned at the Guard in his dashing uniform "Well Hello ! How are you today? Thank you so much for comimg my way!" He was the first pony to speak to her! It felt nice to have someone realize she was a fish out of water and needed a little extra assistance! This was just perfect! "Oh you are so very kind! This big city..my knowledge of it is behind..I would appreciate a tour if possible, I would not like to ask for something impossible.."

A tour of the city's most popular attractions, sights, and buildings would be just wonderful! Zecora wanted to really REALLY get into Pony Culture and where else would be better than Equestria's CAPITAL Kingdom?

"I'm doing great, thank you." What a friendly zebra! Moon Walker always loved meeting new faces. He considered Zecora's request. Well, he was on break, and he certainly didn't want to leave the zebra hanging after he had so graciously offered to help her if she needed it. It wouldn't be impossible; maybe just a quick tour. "Well, I think I can give you a little tour if you'd like. Is there anything in particular you would like to see, Miss, ah..." He paused, realizing he hadn't asked for her name.

(ok, thanks.)

Pyro Blaze wandered Canterlot, wearing his typical sunglasses. Pyro had just finished with his schoolwork for the day, and he didn't have any work for the evening anyway. Pyro enjoyed doing pyrotechnics, but it was always nice to get time off from his job. Pyro wasn't looking for anything or anypony in particular, just going for a walk as he did often, greeting the ponies he recognized. Pyro always loved to walk around the city, seeing the sights and enjoying the wind in his fiery mane.

[colour=#ff0000]"Great day for a walk! Good thing I don't have any work to do later!"[/colour] Pyro said to himself. [colour=#ff0000]"Wonder what my friends are up to right now?"[/colour]

As he wandered, Pyro came upon a guard and a zebra talking to each other. Being the kind of pony he is, Pyro went to talk to the zebra he had never seen before.

[colour=#ff0000]"Hello there! Are you enjoying your trip to Canterlot? I always enjoyed living in this city. In fact, I was born here. Where are you from? My name is Pyro Blaze, what's yours?"[/colour] Pyro asked the zebra.

Zecorafbanner.jpg

Zecora was thankful the Guard was able to give her a tour! "My happiness does abound! I cannot wait for you to show me around!" Though her conversation with the very considerate Guard was cut short by a white pony with an orange and red mane, making her tilt her head "I am very much enjoying this day! And I am from Unyasi which is very far away" Zecora smiled softly at Pyro "It is a pleasure PyroBlaze, I wish you the most brightest of days!"

There weren't very words that rhymed with Zecora so she just offered her hoof then "My name is Zecora, it is so nice to meet you, how do you do?"

Moon Walker took the interruption in stride. "The more ponies, the merrier, I always say! It's great to make your acquaintance, Zecora. And you, too, Pyro Blaze. I'm Moon Walker, a guard here in Canterlot. You've probably seen me flying around." He gestured to his helmet. It was always interesting to see how some ponies didn't recognize him when he was out of his helmet and armor. Even just not wearing the helmet tended to throw some ponies off. "Pyro Blaze, I was just showing Zecora here around. You're welcome to join us, of course. I'm sure you have some of your own favorite places here in the city." He beamed.

Pyro took Zecora's hoof and shook it. [colour=#ff0000] "It's nice to meet you too Zecora! I'm doing great today. Unyasi, huh? I wish I could say I've been there, but I've never gone very far from Canterlot."[/colour] Pyro smiled warmly at Zecora and her rhymes. [colour=#ff0000]"Interesting way of speaking, always rhyming your sentences. Do all zebras do that?"[/colour]

Pyro then turned to the guard as he introduced himself. [colour=#ff0000] "Moon Walker..."[/colour] Pyro muttered to himself, trying to see if he remembered hearing that name before. [colour=#ff0000] "Nope, can't say I know you, but nice to meet you. I knew you were a guard from your armor. I've always wanted to become a guard, after I finish school that is."[/colour] Pyro smiled at Moon Walker for a bit, then realized that the guard had made him an offer to join them. [colour=#ff0000]"I'd love to join you on your tour! I have some places I enjoy here, but some of them aren't exactly everypony's thing."[/colour]

• 2 weeks later...

(OOC: I thought it was QuickLime's turn to post. Might be better to try PMing next time, so the thread doesn't get clogged up with OOCs. I'ma gonna take a turn, I think.)

"Being a guard is a very fulfilling job!" Moon Walker said proudly, as he trotted along. "Canterlot is a beautiful city, as you can plainly see, but hey, that's got to be natural for a royal capital, right? As you can see there in the distance, that's the royal palace. It is only open to the public on special occasions and during touring session intervals. Depending on the current level of security in Canterlot, the first floor of the palace and the royal gardens will be open for touring to the public. This week, we have been enjoying a high level of security with minimal threat potential, and I believe tomorrow, they'll be having another touring session. Miss Zecora, if you will be here that long, it's really something you must see!"

"Now, where we are right now is often called "Gift Shop Central" because it's located so close to the train station. Many short-time visitors will spend hours browsing the shops in search of souvenirs from their time of being in Canterlot. It's not a bad way to spend your time, but you definitely don't want to miss out on the many great things to see here." Sometime later, they reached the edge of the city, and Moon Walker gestured to a row of binoculars set up along the railing of the edge of Canterlot. "For instance, there are various look-out areas. Canterlot's prime location up in the mountains has afforded it a very nice view. I wouldn't say you could see all of Equestria from the look-out spots, but you will see some breath-taking Equestrian landscapes." He waved his hoof at Pyro and Zecora. "Go on and take a look!"

• 2 weeks later...

Zecorafbanner.jpg

Zecora followed the guard pony leading them on their tour, smiling softly at Pyro and chuckled "Oh no my dear, as far as I can see, the only Zebra that does the rhyming is me" She assured him, patting him on the shoulder with a hoof, before her attention was taken back to the GuardPony and his tour dialog "Seeing the Gardens is a must! If only if there is no fuss!" She had really wanted to see the royal gardens! They sounded so lovely, the whole City was a giant sparkling Gem and there was so much to see and to admire! Though her ears perked at "Gift Shop Central" And looked around a little bit "Remind me at some point to see if any gifts are right for me!" She wanted to get a small trinket but didn't want to spend all her time there.

As they passed the binoculars Zecora took a pair and peeked, her eyes widening as they looked on the beautiful landscape, in fact for once the language leaper of a Zebra was struck speechless! It was so different than her home, but at the same time so familiar...something about it still a little wild...

Pyro followed after the two, listening to both at the same time. "The only one, huh? I wouldn't know, you're the only zebra I've met so far." Pyro said as Zecora patted him. Pyro smiled as Moon Walker talked about different sites around the city, all things he had seen before in his time living here. "The Castle's always a nice place to go see, especially the gardens. You should go to the tour tomorrow Zecora!" As the group entered Gift Shop Central, Pyro sighed and said, "Ah yes, Canterlot's giant tourist strip mall. Oh well, the city's got to make money somehow." Pyro started smiling again as they approached the look out point, saying, "I just love this view! This is one of my favorite places to go in the city, especially when I want to relax."