Fetrock Casting Call - Rockers, Roadies and Music-Lovers!

So I've been using Fetrock as a means of employ for a few musical ponies, and I figured, why not make it an actual thing?

So I DID! HA!

Backstage thread : http://www.canterlot...gnup-requested/

On-stage thread : In the works

Audience thread : Coming soon!

Fetrock - a once-a-year, not-for-profit independent concert outside of Ponyville city limits where new and aspiring high-energy musicians perform in front of new potential fans, employers or fellow band members. A summer celebration of late-night fun and excitement, of ponies singing their passions and their masterpieces to a crowd of enthusiastic fans. A chance at the spotlight for those in the limelight, a chance in the limelight for those in the dark, and best of all, a chance to see who's really got love for the stage and the life of a musician on the go.

Now, not many of you know me anymore, but don't worry, I've done stuff like this before. It'll work, no worries, and here's how it's gonna go down.

There'll be three major threads - backstage, on-stage, and audience.

The back-stage thread will be for, you guessed it, the performers, before and after their performances, either egging eachother on or trading postal codes or just readying up with one-another, if they're so inclined. This isn't restricted to musicians only, given the somewhat informal nature of the concert, but it'll mostly be about the musicians. Savvy? Coo'. Movin' on.

The on-stage will strictly be for performances - one player at a time, singing one song at a time (or, describing one song at a time for the electronica and instrumentalist crowds). Please don't just quote verbatim a song you happen to like - it'd be far, far more interesting if you came up with a song for the character, by the character, rather than just searching up lyrics and hitting ctrl-C, ctrl-V. If you want to just do that, I'm sure there's a 'favourite song' thread somewhere in brony chatter. Also, given the nature of this thread, it'll be pretty straight-up structured - post order will be predetermined and maintained by the players at all times. Capish? Sweet.

The audience thread will be, you guessed it, the crowd itself - mill about, get to know other musical enthusiasts, post awe and admiration for whatever the most recent performance post was. Whatever you like, just have a blast and play nice! There'll be no real structure to this thread.

Now, I'm not allowed to just pull out a mass ensemble of performers, listeners and characters on spec, and to be honest I don't want to make enough characters on the spot to pull all this off. So, that said, here's what I'm gonna ask to see other writers chip in, if they're so inclined.

Mostly, I just need people interested in playing a night-time summer's celebration, as performers, audience members, party-goers or what-have-you. OCs, canon characters, bring 'em all. Just lemme know who you're bringing and what your angle is, and I'll put you on the list!

Speaking of lists : Here's one.

MC : Sandley Bronzehoof ; The Masked MC

Stagehoof, setup - Ignition ; the Spitfire Pegasus

Bouncers (Volunteer position) : Open

Audience members, funders [OPEN]

- Gilda ; the gryphon iconic

- Pyro Blaze ; Guard in the making

- Might ; The gol'durn Batsman

- Psmith ; The chatterbox

- Mirthbane ; More metal than expected

Performers [OPEN]

- Ignition ; the spitfire pegasus

- Octavia ; Mare of the strings

- Lightning Dancer and Black Moon ; The Wise Owls

- Aposemati ; Gryphon of class

- Sky Sailing ; Wingin' the keyboard

- Lightning Dash ; Drums of Thunder

So yeah. Just drop a line in here saying if you want in, and I'll start throwing together this ramshackle event.

I've got lots of OCs who would be interested in this!

Lightning Dancer and Black Moon are in the band "The Wise Owls" together, and would love to perform!

Ex-member and leading genius behind the band "Trial Scene", Artificial Harmonic, currently has a solo career and will pretty much take any job that shows up. He'd love to perform.

Octavia TrebleClef would love to perform, and I'll talk to her sister Fiddlesticks as well.

Finally, my OC Honey Crisp has a big sister played by Lux named Apple Cinnamon, and she is a singer. Honey Crisp plays guitar. They could also perform together.

Popped them all up on their respective lists! ...Well, Ok, I did that a few days ago, but still.

Anyone else interested in being on the stage or amidst the crowd? Seriously, we ain't judgin'. Come on and post!

Pyro could help fill up the crowd. He's not really a performer, so he wouldn't be on stage.

Or he could be a bouncer, he wants to be a guard after all, he would consider it practice for that.

Hm, I've been looking for a thread I could bring Sky Sailing into as a musician, and this seems to fit the bill very nicely!

I may contribute a character or two to the audience as well, but I'm not sure which ones at present.

I know it's a bit late, but there's a certain gryphon I know with a little cellotar (electric guitar-cello) that would be a great intermission act between sets.

http://www.canterlot.com/topic/7695-aposemati-miasma-vice-final/

A'ight, they all in on the list now! ...Strikes me we have more performers in on this than crowdmembers! Anyone want in on the dancing and cheering?

Alright, seeing as sign-ups seem to be where they're going to be, I'm going to start up the preamble pretty darn soon for the performers! I'll keep you guys posted, expect the backstage thread to start within a couple days!

The backstage thread is UP! I'll get the audience and the stage threads up within a week, in that order. Unless y'all want me to do it like RIGHT NAOUWGH in which case I'll get it done tonight. Sound good? It had better.

ok, so it turned out that greyhound wifi is a blatant, horrible lie and I spent a lot of 36 hours having 0 internet when I thought I'd have mediocre internet and a lot of time to burn. On that note, greyhounds are atrocious, squalid, ugly things driven by a trepadacious crew of disruptive, disrespectful louts and nobody should ever choose to ride on one at any point in their lives, ever.

So posts didn't happen on thursday/friday as expected.

Sorry 'bout that.

Lemme whip up a response post right now, and I'll get the other two threads up sometime by wednesday/thursday.

Signups, for those of you new to the thread, are still plenty open and will remain open until partway through the 'on-stage' thread itself. I'll keep ya posted.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, new plan. Just gonna have one 'stage' thread for both performers and audience members, since there's less activity going on backstage than previously expected. That'll be up quite soon, starting with the MC and the attending crowd, then we'll move onto the show.